| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Rowan wrote:
dropscone wrote:

Are there any links to Montessori teacher training establishments in Canada? Maybe you could contact some places, explain the situation and see if they have any material you can use?

Sadly, we don't have any Montessori elementary teacher training centers in Canada.

There is one starting in Toronto, but alas, does it need to be Montessori materials? Because you can access a whole bunch of teacher resources online. Do you have a library account from when you lived in Ottawa? Can you get by with internet resources? If you have dropbox, I have files upon files of Canadian history/culture materials that I hoarded when I took TEFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I woke up sick. It seems sitting in your car for an hour or so while wet in the cold is not super good for you.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm 
Impressive boner

My mother's absent seizures are getting worse. My brother was there today when she had one that lasted for about three minutes and he's really upset that she's going through it. My parents seem to be in a degree of denial about their various medical conditions (Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy.), have terrible diets and don't exercise. It feels like since my Dad retired they've given up. It's awful witnessing them deteriorate like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

lutin wrote:
Awesome that you were offered the job (both jobs) koalat. Is there any chance that you can join the jaw firm in 6 months when your judge's associate position is up?

(My worst thing is my neighbor's shiitake music selection. I really wish the walls in my building offered better sound insulation.)

I'm going to write them an email. They did say that they wanted someone to start ASAP, but I'm going to ask them if I can call to check in when I'm done with judge #2.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

One of my students who has been MIA most of the quarter is homeless. Apparently, his family is refusing all assistance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I have spent 3 blissfull days with Someone Special, who lives abroad. And now I'm back at home, I miss them like fork and their job pretty much keeps me from seeing them till March. Boo.

(Oh and did I mention how much I miss them?)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Paloma wrote:
I have spent 3 blissfull days with Someone Special, who lives abroad. And now I'm back at home, I miss them like fork and their job pretty much keeps me from seeing them till March. Boo.

(Oh and did I mention how much I miss them?)

Oh that sucks sooooo much!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got a really aggressive e-mail from my mother after I sent her a response e-mail to her writing me a graphic description of period stuff and SENDING IT TO MY WORK E-MAIL BECAUSE I HAVE TO CHECK THAT ONE REGULARLY which read "hi! I'm sorry you're dealing with that, I will write you back later, but for now can I ask you to please send these messages to my personal e-mail, as I check this one in public, often in front of my boss/professor. thank you. E"

WHICH I ADMIT MAY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE SHORT, but jesus fork her response was unwarranted.

under a cut because it's long: also I added a few clarifying details in italics because I am petty and feel the need to defend myself.
Spoiler: show
1) It was an accident. (it was not an accident, I've been getting 3-5 emails a day from her to this account since she's realized I have to check it every few hours)
2) If your friends can (redacted because too mean) then you can deal with me accidentally sending you information about a health condition which will cause me even more struggle in getting done all that needs to be done in the next 10 days.
3) Thanks so very much for your constant stream of words of kindness and understanding regarding the stress and work I am going through right now (sarcasm).
4) Bite me!
5) When you don't have health insurance, are unemployed and don't have someone paying your rent (note: "someone else" = government loans ) you can be as sanctimonious as you want. (I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I would like to point out that the amount of money I have lent or given her is hovering around 12,000usd so it actually helps her that I am not unemployed)
6) For now, get off your high horse; demonstrate some empathy toward me or ...
7) BITE ME!
8) Oh, and let me know when you've had to go pick up the gun that was used by your best friend's son to kill himself and then bring it to the family AND then be there to support them while they sob. I just got home from doing that. (BECAUSE YOU KNOW, I OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO THE FAMILY I GREW UP WITH's/MY OWN FRIEND's/ MY BEST FRIENDS BROTHER'S SUICIDE AT ALL. I CANT BE THERE TO OFFER THE IN-PERSON SUPPORT THAT SHE CAN AND I FEEL TERRIBLE ABOUT IT EVERY DAY.)
9) You may be working hard and creating wonderful art but let's be very clear - the degree of your stress level does not come close to mine - unless you're not disclosing something?
10) While you are feeling superior, ask yourself how many times you've offered to provide me with any help!?
No, thank YOU!

God I'm just so mad and sad and I feel like a forking kid again when I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong. forking hell, I actually had to stop reading after item 8 because I started crying and I was at school.
augh I'm just so upset! dang, I haven't really experienced these unsolicited accusations since I moved out 4 years ago.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Holy hell, Boober. I am really sorry. That is downright abusive and, in my life at least, warrants immediate cut-off of contact until they are able to treat me with respect.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Man, Boober. You don't deserve that. I'm really sorry.

I'm going to go give my mom a hug now. We have our issues sometimes for sure, but I always know without a doubt that she is behind me all the way, no matter what.

Many hugs to you. Molly snuggles too, since those are extra sweet, generous, and fluffy this evening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Hugs boober, that is just awful :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

aw man thank you guys so much for confirming that was shitty. I can never tell what's normal.

and jesus, just thank you for your constant support. I vent about shiitake to the ppk so much and you guys are so goddamn nice and supportive about it.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I can't even comprehend that, Boober. I keep reading it over thinking, no, no mom would say that stuff. Huge hugs to you. You are an amazing person, and I'm often in awe of how strong you are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

booberthefraggle wrote:
aw man thank you guys so much for confirming that was shitty. I can never tell what's normal.

and jesus, just thank you for your constant support. I vent about shiitake to the ppk so much and you guys are so goddamn nice and supportive about it.

We <3 our Boober!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:27 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am feeling really fatigued and sad and it's my fault but I don't want to do anything about it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:29 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That was awful to read, boober, I don't know what I would do, but ugh, I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:

Boober, that is completely not normal. I use the friend test for my family. If I got that email from a friend, I would cut off contact with them. It's so hard because she's your mom but you should not have to accept that sort of abuse; she doesn't get a free pass.

Hugs to you, Boober. I know that it's difficult to deal with dysfunctional parents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Um holy shiitake Boober... So many hugs. That is not a good person.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:07 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Holy forking shiitake boober that is horrible. I can't even make coherent word sentences to express how forked up that is.

Yeah, I'm just gonna PM you. Rrrgggggh. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Grr arrgh stomp stomp.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:42 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Sounds like you have a pretty abusive relationship with your mom. As Vantine said, she doesn't get a free pass. You don't have to give money to or be an emotional crutch for someone else who doesn't get help for themself. Boundaries. If you think you did something wrong to warrant that pile of vitriol, it is , as Roseanne would say, the wrong way to think. Please get yourself some help to get out of that cycle.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 am 
Ninja Master

Ugh boober, that's awful. You shouldn't have to read crepe like that. Big hug.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:42 am 
Cranky

Boober, my mom has done some pretty rotten shiitake to me in the past 15 years, but if she ever said those things to me I'd never speak to her again. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that abuse.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Boober, hugs. My mom has written me emails like that and theyre just awful to have to deal with. And confronting or shutting out hostile family is so much harder than hostile friends. Boo to ridiculous family!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Worst thing from yesterday: My friend came & parked in my apartment building's parking lot, which is a permit only lot but he's never had trouble before & I live right by the parking lot so we figured we'd at least hear if a tow truck came.

Nope. So we thought it was stolen, but it was just towed. I felt awful because I should've just told him to park in the street.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:35 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I brought my cat Simon to the vet yesterday evening, to a new clinic so that he could be treated by a vet who's a vegan friend of mine.

When I was completing his new-patient paperwork, the clerk asked me "When is Simon's birthday?" and I said "January of 2003, I'm pretty sure it's the 24th." And she says "Look at that, today's his Birthday!" And now I feel like a horrible kitty-mommy cuz not only did I forget my kitty's 10th birthday, I brought him to the vet for nail-clipping and a cell-scraping and a shot of antibiotics on his 10th birthday. And it was -39 Celcius yesterday. And he peed in his carrier on the way home.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 434, 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440 ... 632  Next