| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, man, I am really feeling for you!

Are they telling you how you're doing it wrong? (And by it, I mean everything?) Hogging your food or being very specific about what they like to eat? (I always get the latter. But only after the first meal I serve, and then I find out my coffee is too strong and my food is too spicy and it turns out they don't eat tomatoes and, by the way, for breakfast, we only eat X with Y, so you can't have any for the rest of the time we're here, unless you want to go shopping again. By the way, I used your knife to make sandwiches/toast and now you have marmite, peanut butter, and crumbs in your jam and margarine.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh crabby, that sounds pretty awful.

I'd tell more, but the internets, you know. Shared computer also, ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm 
Semen Strong

bodhi wrote:
I think you're supposed to start flossing as soon as there are teeth touching each other.

SHE LET ME FLOSS HER! She actually brought the floss over and sat on my lap and we flossed all her contiguous teeth. Thank you so much for the tip Bodhi!

Our parenting group is now organizing a visit to the dentist so we can get the kiddos used to the chair etc. And I am going to try and get L in to see him. I honestly hadn't thought that pediatric cavities could be that bad (derp!) and now I'm going to be a lot more mindful. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I still feel so sorry that Iz has to go through this, and I hope it ends up being as easy and uneventful as possible for you both<3

PS. I love your blog!

Hugs to you Kelly! I can't believe your inlaws brought their dogs. It sounds like such a hard reminder of Three-three

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm 
***LIES!!!***

uh oh. Malka has had touching teeth ever since she's had teeth at all - bottom and top two came in simultaneously and touching. It has never occurred to me to floss her. We really need a trip to the dentist, because we are still terrible at even brushing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thanks, Tofulish. Glad Leela let you floss her!

Ariann wrote:
uh oh. Malka has had touching teeth ever since she's had teeth at all - bottom and top two came in simultaneously and touching. It has never occurred to me to floss her. We really need a trip to the dentist, because we are still terrible at even brushing.

Yeah, Izzy also had his first two teeth come in next to each other. Apparently, it's super easy for cavities to develop between their sweet little teeth, and so you can't see the cavities. He had some visible decay on his front teeth, which is why we took him in, and then after they x-rayed him, we found out there were cavities in between. :( Definitely keeping sweets and juice (especially juice!) to a minimum now, and since Z has got his first tooth, we're being super careful to make sure we brush him everyday.

Not sure if this is helpful, but when we started paying more attention to brushing Izzy's teeth everyday, we called it a teeth-brushing party, and my partner and I would also brush our teeth (kind of in shifts, so one of us could help him brush). So when we went to the dentist, he wanted to know where we were going, so we told him the dentist is like a doctor for teeth, and they are professional tooth-brushers (not entirely true, haha), but it worked! He had a lot of fun going, which is not how I remember my childhood visits.

Anyway, hopefully we can all keep this stuff under control!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Lard, I never thought about flossing either!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh jeesh, we can't even get Ada to let us brush her teeth twice a day. I can't even imagine trying to floss them.

Today Ada did a whole memory puzzle by herself on the iPad! It had 16 pieces. She has been wanting me to play it so she can watch. Then she started doing the last four that were left or just randomly taking a turn with me. Then yesterday she did the last six. And today she did them all.

This little one blow my mind every day. She can count objects up to five now. And she recognizes and says all of her numbers, letters, shapes and the basic colors. This gave us lots of new subway activities today. Every time we got to a new station she said the numbers and letters on the signs. So when we got to 34th street she yelled "three! four!". And she would yell whatever letter train was stopped or passing. It just amazes me. She points and says any letter or number she sees wherever it is (someone's shirt, bag, a sign, etc.) And then when we went to get my anatomy scan today we were sitting at the reception desk and she yelled out "triangle". There was a triangle on a sign to the elevators pointing where to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

E-baby is starting to grab at things... its so cute to watch him go for his little owl toy :)
Oh and the giggling has started too. So much going on this week. How is my baby 3months old tomorrow already??

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:36 am 

Is there anything cuter than a smiling, laughing, babbling 7 month old? This is such an awesome age! She can't get around and get into anything yet, she just sits and plays with her toys (she has like 4 toys, and that's plenty for her) and talks to herself. Oh, what's that, Scarlett? Oh, ok! She has a message for you all-- "Babababa. Mamamamamagaaaaa!"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Carlos had his 1 year birthday party today. His birthday is this Tuesday, but hubby is leaving tomorrow (in 6 hours) to go to....South Africa for 3 weeks (!!!!!!!!!) so we celebrated today. He got lots of cool stuff, didn't want any cake (which I was happy about, I'm not quite ready to be giving him cake), and my doula/friend came for the party.

Yesterday he started playing peakaboo with us (not just laughing at our peakaboos, but actually lifting the blanket above his head and moving it down really fast while we excitedly say peakaboo). He did it over and over and it was just so sweet.

I am looking forward to his actual birthday Tuesday and also his due date anniversary next month. I think on his due date I am going to stop pumping at work. I dunno. I am so tired of pumping.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 am 
Semen Strong

Happy Birthday Carlos! Sounds like a great party :) We need pictures!

Leela can now say banana and apple. Yesterday apple appeared out of nowhere and she and my husband spent the whole evening yelling "apple" back and forth. It was supercute.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Happy birthday, Carlos!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:12 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yay Carlos and congrats kimba on surviving the first year!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Happy birthday Carlos! Today is Henry's birthday, we went to an awesome museum that's pretty much two museums, one for younger kids and one for older. I was a little worried he'd be too young, but he totally loved it. For breakfast we split a muffin and a bagel and for lunch we got falafel and hummus and while we were waiting for Papa to make birthday lasagna for dinner, he crawled into my lap and signed milk. He'd been signing eat almost nonstop for the past couple of weeks, and this week he added milk and all done to his repertoire, and it's adorable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Happy birthday, Henry! That's awesome that he is signing. Carlos hasn't signed anything yet, but I keep hoping he will!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:04 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Happy happy birthday Henry!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

happy bday henry!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will had his 12-month check up this afternoon... 3 days early, so we didn't get shots today. He measured just above average for height and weight at 30" and 23#7oz, but his head measured in 90th% at 19". Will isn't walking or cruising yet, but doc said we won't worry about that until 25 months. Also, he cried the WHOLE exam! He suddenly has big anxiety around men?!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:15 pm 

Happy birthday Carlos and Henry!

Oh kdub, Ada started crying during exams around 12 or 15 months. I think she was just more aware of where she was and what could happen. I haven't figured out how to make visits easier yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:22 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela started hating the MD at 9 months, when they did a stupid breathing treatment on her. Ugh, I have been dreading the 15 month visit, which is next week. I wish I could explain or do anything to just make it not suck horrendously. I am taking apple juice bc supposedly sugar makes them feel better. We actually got her to be okay in her new car seat (finally switched to a convertible car seat), by giving her a little apple juice while we were driving. That stuff is really baby crack

I read a post somewhere from someone who has their ped do all the stuff on the mama first. I wish we could do that but at 15 months it probably doesn't make a difference.

Poor babies, they really seem to suffer so much because they can't understand the reasoning for it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Carlos had his 12 month appointment today too. And no shots because basically they weren't well prepared today had trouble getting everything (anything) ready and I had to leave for a meeting. But at least he was happy. He peed on the PA!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Well done Carlos! I really want to high five him for that one <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

kdub wrote:
Will had his 12-month check up this afternoon... 3 days early, so we didn't get shots today. He measured just above average for height and weight at 30" and 23#7oz, but his head measured in 90th% at 19". Will isn't walking or cruising yet, but doc said we won't worry about that until 25 months. Also, he cried the WHOLE exam! He suddenly has big anxiety around men?!

That should have said 15, not 25 months!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Haha! I don't think she sees a lot of babies. She was calm about it, but was like "that's a first!" It was pretty comical.

Tofulish wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

kimba wrote:
Haha! I don't think she sees a lot of babies. She was calm about it, but was like "that's a first!" It was pretty comical.

Tofulish wrote:

hehe!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 102  Next