| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Im still really ill and can't do anything, I'm freezing, I can't breathe and then I looked into the mirror... :( My hair is still falling out so much. Every day it gets more and more and the spots get bigger and Im freaking out so much. I know I should not care about the way I look blah blah blah, but I hate it so much. I used to love my hair :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

AlwaysHungry wrote:
I brought my cat Simon to the vet yesterday evening, to a new clinic so that he could be treated by a vet who's a vegan friend of mine.

When I was completing his new-patient paperwork, the clerk asked me "When is Simon's birthday?" and I said "January of 2003, I'm pretty sure it's the 24th." And she says "Look at that, today's his Birthday!" And now I feel like a horrible kitty-mommy cuz not only did I forget my kitty's 10th birthday, I brought him to the vet for nail-clipping and a cell-scraping and a shot of antibiotics on his 10th birthday. And it was -39 Celcius yesterday. And he peed in his carrier on the way home.

My puppy was born January 24th 2003 also! For her birthday I made with the chess with the door closed so she couldn't get in and then went to work for the rest of the day. :P I'm sure your cat will forgive you (PS, he also didn't know it was his birthday!)

Yay animal baby twins!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My laptop has died in a spectacularly expensive manner and everyone is quoting me 50% the replacement cost for a repair. So I have infinite work to do and am computerless and this is not something I require.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:35 pm 

booberthefraggle wrote:
aw man thank you guys so much for confirming that was shitty. I can never tell what's normal.

That is not normal, totally out of line and abusive. Do you have a way of filtering your email (e.g. moving things to a certain folder automatically) so that you don't have to see any more "accidental" messages without actively looking for them?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 pm 
Impressive boner

VeganinBerlin wrote:
Im still really ill and can't do anything, I'm freezing, I can't breathe and then I looked into the mirror... :( My hair is still falling out so much. Every day it gets more and more and the spots get bigger and Im freaking out so much. I know I should not care about the way I look blah blah blah, but I hate it so much. I used to love my hair :(

I'm sorry to read you're feeling so poorly. Can you see a doctor?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

wasted ingredients on sriracha, orange zest chocolate bark...my sriracha was to cold or something...i hate wasting crepe.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I'm so sorry, Boober. I have dealt with some really abusive shiitake from my mother-person, too (I can't even refer to her as my mom without cringing), so if you ever need to talk about it PLEASE send me a message. <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Cramps... and the intestinal distress that always comes along with them. Ugh.

I guess this should be in the bisque about your period thread, but it applies to both topics!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh man. I'm ill again. I think I've had maybe a grand total of four days in January where I wasn't ill in one way or another. This one's a sinus/head cold and I feel so damn out of it. Oh and I can't miss any more work because I have too many sick days used up already. Why is my immune system so bad?! :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:06 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

USPS effed me up the arse with no lube with their rate increase. mustards.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:05 pm 

8ball wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:

I'm sorry to read you're feeling so poorly. Can you see a doctor?

Im seeing an endocrinologist next month, I had to wait 5 months for an appointment...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 pm 

oh and to keep this on-topic

its 5 in the morning and I still can't sleep. And Im still ill and feel like throwing up. Fun.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

jetlag

more like ballzlag. because it sucks ballz. ballzbag. lag.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I made the Vcon Cheezy sauce and found it barely tolerable. Even worse, I can't get the smell out of my nose.

On the plus side, made tatchos today.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I've had a fever since at least Wednesday, and have felt beyond exhausted since, well, the surgery. But worse in the last week and a half. I'm wearing sweat pants and sweat shirt, a toque, two duvets and a heating pad and I'm freezing. And let's not talk about how much work I've missed...

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

First... boober, I am so sorry. That is just awful.

What ever this virus that I have is, it is just horrid. The youngest has been down with it for a week. I swear my bones gained mass and they felt like they were made of metal.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:20 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Total FWP, but dropping off the mister today at work after spending all weekend together. I don't have any girl friends here, and he's the only socialization I get outside of work. I should try to make friends here, but my only free time is the weekend and that's the only time I get to spend with him. I know that if/when we're not together anymore, I'll be beyond lonely, but for now I don't want to give up the little time I do share with him in order to find other friends.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am 
Married to the wolfman

In the grand scheme of things this is SUCH a minor thing but I'm upset about it right now:

I'm taking a class where the professor lets us choose our project from a list of projects on a website. They're problems that have been open to a group of professionals to solve for some time, and there's a display that shows how many people have solved each one. I initially picked a problem that only 4 people had solved before, and emailed the professor to reserve that one/announce my intention.

I picked that one because I read through it and thought it sounded really fun to work on and because I wasn't necessarily being realistic with myself about what time/resources I have to put into this project this semester. This is an elective I'm taking outside my department, while also taking two other in-department work-intensive classes that are more directly related to my degree. I really can't be committing myself to the sort of project that I am going to end up pouring my every free moment into this semester because honestly there aren't that many free moments to go around and it'll be setting myself up for failure and heartache.

Sooooo I had to write the professor again and basically say that but without being so personal, and I feel like a quitter and am burning with shame and such. Even though I know this was probably the best thing to do academically. I still feel really embarrassed, and like now he's going to be like "you're kind of a wuss, aren't you."

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Boober, that is so awful. You would be justified in dictating the terms of your involvement with your mother for now. I have done this with my parents, and it was useful and empowering. She doesn't get to trash you because she feels like it in the moment.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 am 
Shopped till she dropped

Boober, that is so dreadful. No one deserves to be spoken to that way, least of all someone as awesome as you. All the hugs!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

celyn wrote:
Boober, that is so awful. You would be justified in dictating the terms of your involvement with your mother for now. I have done this with my parents, and it was useful and empowering. She doesn't get to trash you because she feels like it in the moment.

thank you guys again. I cant tell you how much this means to me.

update under the cut because again, long and slightly tangential and like, unnecessarily personal for the internet.

Spoiler: show
I have cut off contact temporarily, I have an appointment with my school's counselor wednesday, I need to learn ways to deal before I can open up contact.

This is and has been a regular occurrence (along with some other less frequent but more severe things) for my whole life, but I've been having a rough time lately so this particular instance shook me harder.
I don't want to lose her, she's the only parent I ever really had, the only family I ever trusted or saw regularly. I love her, obviously, but I am really only very recently coming to terms with the, well, the abuse she inflicted. I am still in that new headspace where it's hard to admit everything wasn't normal because for the 10 years between my dad leaving and my own exit from that household, I have been told it was expected and explainable and that I did something to deserve it. and I am terrified because without her I have no support system, I have no family I can depend on, but with her so actively in my life I get hurt. and, of course, there is still a part of me that is still afraid she'll be angry with me for talking about it. I have to protect myself, but I'm having a really difficult time.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:10 am 
Huffs Nooch

You've got it right Boober, you have to protect yourself. Sending out lovely vibes to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

booberthefraggle wrote:
celyn wrote:

thank you guys again. I cant tell you how much this means to me.

update under the cut because again, long and slightly tangential and like, unnecessarily personal for the internet.

Spoiler: show
I have cut off contact temporarily, I have an appointment with my school's counselor wednesday, I need to learn ways to deal before I can open up contact.

This is and has been a regular occurrence (along with some other less frequent but more severe things) for my whole life, but I've been having a rough time lately so this particular instance shook me harder.
I don't want to lose her, she's the only parent I ever really had, the only family I ever trusted or saw regularly. I love her, obviously, but I am really only very recently coming to terms with the, well, the abuse she inflicted. I am still in that new headspace where it's hard to admit everything wasn't normal because for the 10 years between my dad leaving and my own exit from that household, I have been told it was expected and explainable and that I did something to deserve it. and I am terrified because without her I have no support system, I have no family I can depend on, but with her so actively in my life I get hurt. and, of course, there is still a part of me that is still afraid she'll be angry with me for talking about it. I have to protect myself, but I'm having a really difficult time.

Obviously it's hard to be accurate from a distance, but it seems to me she isn't a support system, rather a drain on your energy (unless you mean financially, which is a valid concern when you're a young student). Either way, have a big fezza hug <3 xxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

coldandsleepy--I think if anything the professor will respect that. It's an important skill for people to learn their limitations and to know when they don't know something, or can't do something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I came on here to whine but now I'm just going to give Boober a big hug and agree with Fezza and everyone else said. Sorry Boober.

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 435, 436, 437, 438, 439, 440, 441 ... 593  Next