| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome - IBS
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:28 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i said -d but i meant -c and nothing is helping. i don't feel too bloated and full though, so whatever.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Enticed by the soy pumpkin latte at Sheetz. Had one Sunday and did fine. Had one today, and I feel like I am dying at work. And I still have 5 1/2 hours to go. The bloat is SO horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 pm 

they have soy pumpkin lattes at sheetz? who knew! i hope you feel better soon!

i had cupcakes for the kid's birthday party.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

You go under made-to-order hot latte. They can use soy milk for an extra 40 cents. The pumpkin flavor syrup is vegan-friendly; I read the package.

Oy, it hurts worse after eating a salad. That's what I get for eating healthy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

:( :( :( :( :(

That is all.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am 

newsie, good to know!

j-dub :( i hope it gets better soon!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:19 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I guess my IBS hates bad foods and good foods. I have a major bloat from vegan Thanksgiving leftovers. I am trying to eat healthy, but my body is resisting the change again.

Anyone from the US get a major Thanksgiving bloat? Was it worth it? (I say yes!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:40 pm 

Bleurgh. Post-surgery I'm finding that eating even a bite or two "too much" triggers IBS even if it's what would normally be safe foods. The problem is, I don't know "too much" until it kicks in. I eat to the point of satiation, think I'm going to be okay and then I'm not. I'm not talking binging or overeating, just eating to where I'm not hungry anymore. I guess I have to eat to a point of still-a-little-hungry. Anyone else have this trigger?

And sugar seems to be a sometimes trigger. So exciting to cut more and more things off my list! :(

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am 

sometimes i have troubles but I have to really overeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:24 am 
Nailed to the V

Went London for a day trip yesterday, was so careful with what I ate but something must have been cross-contaminated cos I have been feeling nasty since I got home. Awful stomach pains...got hot water bottle glued to me! I'm so so so tired too. Damn this stupidness. I hate how my body makes me feel :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 am 

You know, I didn't think anything could make me think of pooping as anything but awesome. IBS does. I've had diarrhea since 6 pm to the extent that I was gulping down water (maybe 2.5 litres in less than four hours?) because I was so dehydrated. This is no fun!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm 
Tofu Pup

I am so so glad to find this forum! I haven't been to this website in ages and I've missed it! Anyway, I created a "secret" facebook group where we can commiserate: https://www.facebook.com/groups/421179374643690/ For now, it's called "Vegans with IBS", but that might change. I really hope all you cool people will join! I know IBS can bring up a lot of questions and it will be great to be able to talk to other people who have been through it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Hi BuffySunnydale, the Facebook link doesn't work. Great idea!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm 

I've been in IBS hell since Friday. Every day I wake up with it and then it just gets worse. And I think chickpeas might be a trigger food *sob*. I'm trying CBT for it on Saturday and I'm using it to get me through the week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Why do I knowingly eat things I know I can not? I've never be able to stick to a diet besides veganism. I know oatmeal makes me really, really sick. So what the fizzle did I eat any?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

For the PPK'ers who have been diagnosed with IBS, do you all have the "pain is relieved after a bm" criteria? My doctor is trying to figure out what's wrong with me - I've been bloated almost non-stop since early January, can't necessarily find a specific food that causes problems, tested negative for celiac, and when I overeat (especially on fat, like last night's guacamole) I'm in the bathroom all day long. I've seriously pooped like 15 times today. But I don't really have pain that's relieved by going to the bathroom. I don't know where to turn next and I'm sick of feeling like crepe all the time. Any thoughts?

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 pm 

It depends on the attack, for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 am 

Steph - for me it's like j-dub - it depends, but generally it does almost always make me feel better. Before I'll feel nauseated and fever-y and woozy and what not. My dad and I have problems with fats and I know he takes a digestive enzyme - lipase I think - and that helps him. I just try to cut down on the fats.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

j-dub wrote:
It depends on the attack, for me.

appifanie wrote:
Steph - for me it's like j-dub - it depends, but generally it does almost always make me feel better. Before I'll feel nauseated and fever-y and woozy and what not. My dad and I have problems with fats and I know he takes a digestive enzyme - lipase I think - and that helps him. I just try to cut down on the fats.

Good to know - thank you both!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:59 pm 

Has anyone here done an elimination diet to pinpoint triggers? My therapist suggested it and I am contemplating it but know that restriction and my mental health aren't great pals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:45 pm 

Was it useful? What did you eat? I'm finding a lot of conflicting things online about what should be eliminated, for how long, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:22 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Started with mostly potatoes. Which is usually what I eat when I'm really sick. The problem for me is I can sometimes get away with eating trigger foods and its mostly due to stress not so much food. In the end my foods turned out to be anything fried, garlic, beer, pasta, peanut butter, and oatmeal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 am 
Tofu Pup

Treatment IBS - ibs.digestivescience.com the order arrived last week no problems, the effect well

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:03 am 
Nailed to the V

sometimes I worry that my IBS is something more. you read that IBS is supposed to be a "we've eliminated everything else" diagnosis, but for me, as soon as I turn up at a doctors with belly ache, it's "oh you have IBS/stress". I know what a stressed belly is thank you very much. A "stressed belly" doesn't have you rolling around in agony for hours, it doesn't feel like you're being knifed in the stomach constantly. but nope, I'm a 20 year old otherwise healthy woman so i don't deserve any examination. i can't help thinking if i was 40 years older they'd be taking it a lot more seriously.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next