| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Companies!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:41 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I am a blogger who loves doing product reviews, and i have met a few awesome companies whom seem like they are just as excited to send products to be reviewed and given away in contests than i am to recieve and review them :)

So what are some companies you have contacted and gotten stuff to review or giveaway? What do they sell?

http://rawtothefullest.blogspot.com

Post subject: Re: Companies!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:37 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

So far I've only got one company to contact me out of the blue. It was the book publisher for Melisser's The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life and Kelly Peloza's The Cookie Connoisseur. However, they still haven't sent me the review copies and it's been almost a month.

I also recently got some coupons from Living Harvest after doing an unsolicited review on their ice cream. I wish more companies would contact me because I already do product reviews and it would be forking awesome to get free stuff. I guess I don't have enough of a readership?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had only a baby blog (and it's still a baby blog, just a baby blog plus mofo) when I began asking companies to donate items for blog giveaways for mofo, and they were super generous. I just went to all the ones whose products I liked, companies I thought I would like to support. A few ignored me, a few said no, lots said absolutely sure. So if you don't have better answers down the line (and you very well might!), you could ask those companies that said yes to me. I think it's important to explain why you are a good choice for them. If you tell them that you're a teen and new vegan and you're working on expanding your knowledge of vegan products, and that on your blog you aim to help other new teen vegans navigate what can seem like a broad expanse of territory, they might like that. You could also look for books to review that make sense to you using that as your lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

vegmuffinman wrote:
I am a blogger who loves doing product reviews, and i have met a few awesome companies whom seem like they are just as excited to send products to be reviewed and given away in contests than i am to recieve and review them :)

They contacted me, too, but when I sent them my address, they said they couldn't ship to the UK. They were very nice and apologetic about it, though. (The email they contacted me through was my .co.uk email, so I thought they knew I was in the UK.)