| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 pm 
Mediocre Tart

julialegume wrote:
It's a Russian nesting doll with dark pigtail braids holding a pie. Will post a picture soonly.

Matryoshka-funks! Bus driver for pie! We neeeeeeed pics!

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 pm 
Nailed to the V

| like to eat re-fried beans right out of the can with spoon. I eat sushi rolls for breakfast at least once a week. I eat sliced TVP like nacho chips.

My vanity forces me to obsess about the onset of ear hair causing daily inspections with tweezers in hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I told my manager that I was thinking of doing some display planning at home tonight. He told me not to, and if I did to fill out a time sheet for it. I just spent 2.5 hours on it, but I'm totally just gonna pretend like I did it at work. The other buyer is on vacation, so I don't have her to bounce ideas off of, and I was too stressed/busy today to concentrate on it properly. This way, I got to sit on the couch, catch up on the PPK on occasion, watch Alias and drink wine without wearing pants. I don't think they want to pay me for all that.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:38 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

PPK, I am so ashamed. During the stress of grading finals, I have needed some sort of utterly mindless fluff of a TV show that is ideally in less than half hour episodes that I can use as mind-detox/stress cleanser in between bouts of grading. So I've started watching "Sex and the City."

And... I kind of like it. I kind of don't want to stop.

OH GOD.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:42 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

kara kara wrote:
I told my manager that I was thinking of doing some display planning at home tonight. He told me not to, and if I did to fill out a time sheet for it. I just spent 2.5 hours on it, but I'm totally just gonna pretend like I did it at work. The other buyer is on vacation, so I don't have her to bounce ideas off of, and I was too stressed/busy today to concentrate on it properly. This way, I got to sit on the couch, catch up on the PPK on occasion, watch Alias and drink wine without wearing pants. I don't think they want to pay me for all that.

You deserve to get paid for your work!

When you devalue your work your employers devalue your work. Claim it!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 am 
Shopped till she dropped

j-dub wrote:
You deserve to get paid for your work!

When you devalue your work your employers devalue your work. Claim it!

Oh, I know! I'm really fortunate that my leadership does value me and what I do for this place. I'm a damn hard worker and I actually give a shiitake, which is rare in retail. I just could not focus on this at work today while I was doing a million orders, talking to reps and helping customers. I'll probably fess up tomorrow. I'm scheduled a full 40 hours this week, and I already stayed 30 minutes late today. Leadership hates overtime, so maybe I can just do a half day on Saturday. That would be pretty awesome.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Bah, this one is semi-serious. Even though I have daydreams of being a strong, confident, single woman, I have moments of crippling loneliness. I really thought that I was going to be a-ok after this breakup. I don't miss my ex at all, but I do miss male companionship more than I thought I would. This makes me feel weak, which in turn makes me feel a little panicky. I'm fine until around 8:30-9pm, and if I'm home alone with nothing to really...do, then I start to sort of freak out. Usually around 10ish, it settles down, because then I can start getting ready for bed and then sleep makes it go away. What the fork is wrong with me?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:
Bah, this one is semi-serious. Even though I have daydreams of being a strong, confident, single woman, I have moments of crippling loneliness. I really thought that I was going to be a-ok after this breakup. I don't miss my ex at all, but I do miss male companionship more than I thought I would. This makes me feel weak, which in turn makes me feel a little panicky. I'm fine until around 8:30-9pm, and if I'm home alone with nothing to really...do, then I start to sort of freak out. Usually around 10ish, it settles down, because then I can start getting ready for bed and then sleep makes it go away. What the fork is wrong with me?

Nothing at all! I am and have been a single woman for the past year but I still have evenings where I'm lonely. I'm still in contact with one of my exes who is pretty much the sweetest ever (in my opinion, right now) and I daydream about moving to be with him (distance was a major factor in our not being together anymore) but I know I'm going to have to sit with those feelings because it's likely I'll change my mind again. Loneliness happens I think and it's just a matter of how you deal with it.

Plus, you're still pretty early in the being single thing right? There's totally an adjustment period, so feel free to give yourself a break!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I am stalking this thread for Jules' tattoo. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

lillianp wrote:
Nothing at all! I am and have been a single woman for the past year but I still have evenings where I'm lonely. I'm still in contact with one of my exes who is pretty much the sweetest ever (in my opinion, right now) and I daydream about moving to be with him (distance was a major factor in our not being together anymore) but I know I'm going to have to sit with those feelings because it's likely I'll change my mind again. Loneliness happens I think and it's just a matter of how you deal with it.

Plus, you're still pretty early in the being single thing right? There's totally an adjustment period, so feel free to give yourself a break!

Yeah, it's only been a couple of months. It's just been so long since I've been single (7 years?) that I feel a little lost. Like, I have to make whole new habits, even though my life really isn't that much different from when I was with my ex. I mean, I used to looooove evenings alone while we were living together, and now I dread them! It's just such a shift to what I'm used to that I don't really know how to handle it yet. I'll get there though. I definitely need to make some positive habit changes... For example, I definitely need to drink less. I'm not drinking any more than I was before, but now it makes me sad, which causes me to dwell on being lonely. (duh, alcohol is a depressant.) I also need to find something to fill those weird hours, and it needs to be yoga or knitting or working on art instead of trying to watch movies (makes me antsy) or reading (can't concentrate when I'm in that state).

Thank you for the moral support, lillianp!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I left my stuffed animal at my mom's when I moved out because my niece liked it. So now I sleep with one pillow vertically next to me. I watched a movie once where a character did this because he was lonely and everyone did a big awwww like it was sweet and kind of sad. So I started feeling a little shame about it even though it's not really about my loneliness. I just like to sleep with my arm cuddling something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 pm 
Chip Strong

<- Sleeps with stuffed cow occasionally
Doesn't like as much lemon in things as Isa does
Regularly uses more Earth Balance, oil, and salt than necessary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:

Yeah, it's only been a couple of months. It's just been so long since I've been single (7 years?) that I feel a little lost. Like, I have to make whole new habits, even though my life really isn't that much different from when I was with my ex. I mean, I used to looooove evenings alone while we were living together, and now I dread them! It's just such a shift to what I'm used to that I don't really know how to handle it yet. I'll get there though. I definitely need to make some positive habit changes... For example, I definitely need to drink less. I'm not drinking any more than I was before, but now it makes me sad, which causes me to dwell on being lonely. (duh, alcohol is a depressant.) I also need to find something to fill those weird hours, and it needs to be yoga or knitting or working on art instead of trying to watch movies (makes me antsy) or reading (can't concentrate when I'm in that state).

No problem!

My confession: I ppk at work. Like, a lot. Tooo much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 pm 
Nailed to the V

vijita wrote:
I am stalking this thread for Jules' tattoo. <3

check the tattoo thread, gp! <333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:21 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

after i'm done cooking, i like to leave my apron on to serve as a giant bib. because i need it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

allularpunk wrote:

Honestly, word for word I could be writing this. And what you said about it getting worse at like 8pm, that happens to me exactly too! Hugs. We'll pull through.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mars wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Honestly, word for word I could be writing this. And what you said about it getting worse at like 8pm, that happens to me exactly too! Hugs. We'll pull through.

Hugs hugs! It's good to know I'm not the only one!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:47 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

chouettes crêpes wrote:
after i'm done cooking, i like to leave my apron on to serve as a giant bib. because i need it.

This is why I sometimes take my top off to eat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fee wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

This is why I sometimes take my top off to eat.

<3

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

A couple of days ago I was getting impatient with my son's vagueness about his university offers, so when he was out I stole his login details and went to have a peek at his UCAS account. Only I forked up his password (twice) and his account got suspended. Later that evening he came downstairs complaining about UCAS messing up his account and I was all "yeah, UCAS are really shiitake".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Sluggie wrote:
A couple of days ago I was getting impatient with my son's vagueness about his university offers, so when he was out I stole his login details and went to have a peek at his UCAS account. Only I forked up his password (twice) and his account got suspended. Later that evening he came downstairs complaining about UCAS messing up his account and I was all "yeah, UCAS are really shiitake".

I'm going to be honest, if I was your son I would be very, very upset. Hell, I'm not your son and I'm pretty upset by this.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:41 pm 
And you never will.

Yeah, I have to agree with J-dub. Reading that made me very uncomfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

allularpunk wrote:
Mars wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Hugsies! I'm in the opposite boat, I've been alone so long it's difficult to contemplate allowing someone into my life. Where will they fit? I have no idea how to negotiate that, it's been too long. It's frustrating. But that's the product of years of being alone, though once (more than once) I had someone regular in my life and the adjustment to being alone again was hard after those breakups. It was very long ago though, but I can relate to all of it, both ends of the loneliness/alone-for-so-long-it's-normal spectrum! I do say I'm alone but never lonely and it's mostly true. I am rarely lonely. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

allularpunk wrote:

Hugs! I'm there too. It hasn't even been a month yet since we broke up (9 year relationship). We had been living seperately since august though (he found work abroad), so to some extent I was getting used to it. But during that time we talked for atleast half an hour every evening, and suddenly doing without that unsettled me a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Fisticuffs - Isn't it odd how even the removal of just a really small amount contact makes such a big difference? I really only saw my ex in passing, and we mayyybe spent one evening a week together, but just knowing that no one else is coming home and occupying the space with me is unsettling. On the other hand, I really like being solely responsible for everything in my place. I am, ah...a bit of a control freak, so not having to depend on anyone else to get things done, or having to clean up after someone else is awesome.

Seitanicverses - That's rough too! Even though I am lonely and not really sure how to deal with it, I am really too busy to spend a proper amount of time trying to date anyone, either. And they definitely wouldn't fit into my apartment. In the end I will get used to this, for as long as I need to. Thank goodness I am as busy as I am!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 28  Next