| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Garrick wrote:
I forgot to say: I want a second chance season! Good idea. I want to see more of The Princess please. And Ru did tell Alisa Summers that she is a queen for all seasons—just not season 4.

YUS. Also, need more Ongina!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

New trailer! http://www.buzzfeed.com/stacylambe/watc ... s-drag-rac

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:47 pm 
Nailed to the V

YAAAAAA FIRST EPISODE (mostly) okay. Here's the T.

Spoiler: show
Alaska, what are you doing! You don't even complete the photo challenge? Talk about acting like a queen. What she needs is an attitude makeover. I'm surprised the judges didn't read her down the house for that plastic wrap dress. I want to see a lighter side of her, or funny, or show stopping, because right now all I see is a sense of entitlement.

Detox is funny. And GOOD. I think she's the one to watch. I can see her winning the whole thing already. But I'd rather see someone of less stature win. Like...

Jade! She is so nice. I agree that her dress was a little much but from videos I've seen of past performances it really is her style. I liked that Ru gave her a word of advice ("edit")—she seems to take an active interest in Jade, and Michelle LOVES her. Personality goes a long way, and the outfits I've seen her in in the trailers definitely seem less "busy" so, go Jade!

I did not like the way Serena ChaCha and Alyssa Edwards were picking fights left and right. And also: Serena didn't tuck for the first episode?? Latrice tucked even that one time when Santino said she was wearing a couch! I feel like it's a part of doing drag and if you're not going to do it right GTFO.

I really like Jinkx Monsoon, especially after watching this video where she's getting dragged up and talking about her story a little. I really think she's one of those genuine queens!

I like Roxxxy way more than I thought I would. I think Lineysha is really good too. Penny bored me from her first sound byte about everyone having voted for her, blah blah blah. Be interesting instead of just talking about being interesting.

Phew. So nice that they let us see the first episode today. RPDR Wikipedia is pretty certain
Penny
goes home, which wouldn't surprise me, but at this point I'd be happy to see either one go home.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 pm 
Nailed to the V

P.S. I guess the REAL REASON Willam was kicked off RPDR was because he told the producers that he was still in contact with his bf, and the reason he did that was because he had to (had to?) leave the show to be in an off-broadway Jersey Shore musical.

There's a lot of talk going on on Twitter after a new article was posted where Ru said (again) that the reason was because of outside contact. Willam seems annoyed with RPDR productions (World of Wonder) but I love RPDR AND Willam so I'm just enjoying watching this play out. And Willam just interviewed Rupaul at a premier night event so I'm sure they're on good terms on a personal level.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:14 pm 

I spoilered that whole thing because I don't think most normal, non-obsessed people know and have watched the almost full first episode!

The reason given for Willam's kick-off was obviously BS, I mean, they had people's family and friends making them videos so I never believed that Willam told his husband that he went off to do a movie instead of the truth. Some people knew where they were. It just made more dramz for him to be kicked off instead of going, "shiitake, I got another job to do. Later bisques!"

AND NOW

zomg that was amazing. As soon as Serena walked on the runway I was chanting 'bottom two, bottom two'. I'd like to think that i'm a more forgiving viewer than some, but that whole this was a MESS. Possibly the worst runway outfit in the history of RPDR, yes, including Mystique's 'county couture' and Shangela's curtain dress. Her makeup looked like grease paint.

I wasn't sure who the other person would be until they pointed out Penny's hips and I was like, "Ouch!"

When Roxxxy came out, I thought it was Shannel! They could be sisters with that look. I really thought Linesha (spelling) was going to win though, the fact that that was wallpaper was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

I knew Jade was safe from watching the trailers, she is everything I dreamed and more. Although her dress did make me think she was advertising for NBC, I love all of the color and the laughing and the back-and-forth with Michelle.

I almost died over the narcolepsy thing, from the trailer I thought it was a joke but newp! Surely that will come up again.

There was just so much I just can't even.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 pm 
Nailed to the V

Good call on spoiler tags! And MBM I know you <3 Alaska—I want to too, so I'm eager to hear your take.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm 
Nailed to the V

I thought NBC too! The whole dress was swallowing her. And I felt like I knew her already when she was defending herself saying that's often how she dresses, "Lisa Frank, all that good stuff." Like that unicorn necklace you share! But I think she'll take Ru's advice to heart. Like when Ru gave Phi Phi the advice to ..turn up the fire, or something like that. And look where that got her, top 3.

I loved when Ru said Serena's look was "coutorture." And Santino's whole thing about putting one doll's head on another doll's body. Serena is straight up mean. Gives me a bad feeling when she goes after little does like Jade.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 am 

Re: Alaska
Honestly, I don't blame her. Just being in water makes me panic, I hold my breath while i'm washing my face. And her wig was huge and making the whole thing so much worse. Her dress was AMAZING and I think more than made up for it. And the other queens busting her shiitake over Sharon were pushing it too much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:25 am 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I spoilered that whole thing because I don't think most normal, non-obsessed people know and have watched the almost full first episode!

SO how do I do this?! I can't see something obvious stating this on the Logo site!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 am 

Go to the RPD facebook page! It's e verything but who sashays away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:12 am 

HOLY FORK THIS IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME FORKIN SEASON

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:24 am 

Also,

I'm madly in love with Alaska. I feel like I could just watch her in or out of drag for hours on end. And her voice. Damnit I'm in love.

I LOVE Detox's Bee dress, I'm excited to see her looks but I don't really like her personality yet.

I think Honey Mahogany is gorgeous.

Love Jinx, her smile! Omg.

I like Jade a lot, but more-so out of drag actually. In drag she's not up there with my other favorites but damnit she's so frakkin adorable out of drag.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:33 am 

So if I have a friend over tomorrow to watch this at 9PST on the logo website, that'll work right? Or does it take them a bit before they put it on the site? I has no cable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 am 

It should be up tomorrow morning, I think with last years Drag U they started holding off putting them online until Wednesday and there was rioting on facebook (because even with cable, some people don't get Logo).

I just realized that I may have to work tomorrow. I'm totally coming in an hour late so we can watch Drag Race and Untucked first thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I could not stay awake to watch Untucked. But....

I can't tell who I love. I am predisposed to love Alaska. And she did turn it out on the runway.
I can tell ya, I don't like any one who will stick a z where it isn't needed. So, Monica is already on my no list. And Serena better not be staying just for the drama if she does not step it up.

And RuCap: http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/875745 ... itter_rpdr

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm 
A Bad Person

THERE ARE SO MANY QUEENS THIS TIME. Am I nuts? It seems like there are twice as many as usual.

I thought for sure that Alaska was going to be in the bottom two because she quit on the photo shoot, and Ru didn't seem into her dress in the work room. I am not shocked Serena was in the bottom two, because she looked awful. Santino was killing me with the comments, and even Mike Ruiz got a couple good shots in there. And as soon as Penny was on the runway, I told MBM her dress was crepe, and I never make comments about the runway because I don't know anything about fashion.

I think the drama between Coco and Alyssa is going to be too much, so one of them should go home. Preferably Alyssa. I'm fairly convinced that Vivienne is Jujubee in disguise. #eloguent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I told Vyapti that Vivienne was Ongina and Juju's love baby!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Nothing against Roxxxy, but I totally thought Lyesha's wall paper couture would have won. I feel bad for Alaska because everyone's going to keep comparing her to Sharon and talking mad crepe. Hopefully she'll make them eat it. I am already over Serena and Alyssa/Coco too. I thought there would be more throwdown after the "mediocre" comment, but there is a whole season left for stuff like that. I can't wait for next week to hear "this isn't RuPaul's best friend's race!" again. I wonder are the queens peased off that Michelle gets to be in "their" absolut commercials now?

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm 

Vivienne sounds so much like Juju sometimes it's freaky, like when she was painting in the mirror and telling Serena she's annoying.

I feel so bad for Penny, but she should've known the words. They give them the song in advance to learn and you should always assume that you're going to be in the bottom two. If she had known the words, Serena would've gone home. She made poor outfit and styling choices but Serena's outfit was SO SO BAD. Like the worst in the history of Drag Race. And her makeup looked like grease paint. And her attitude forking blows. She was clearly the patsy for this year.

If any of the other queens paid attention, they would know that Alaska and Sharon do not do the exact same drag. I don't stalk Alaska or anything but I haven't seen her do a whole lot of goth/black/creepy looks, she seems to go more for just general 'weird' mixed in with glamor.

I also thought the wallpaper dress was going to win. I'm also really happy that we have another good queen from Puerto Rico, I think that last season between Kenya's language barrier and Madame LaQueer missing the mark a lot, it just wasn't a good year for PR last year. Also she is totes the prettiest boy.

I cannot believe that Untucked was not solely dedicated to Alyssa and Coco. WHAT THE fork. I realize that they were sniping at each other, but they were talking a little bit and not being totally nasty so I feel like they had to have talked off camera or at a point that was edited out.

I love Jade so much. Her and Jinkx are the two that I want to shrink down and put and my pocket and squee forever. But I do like pretty much everyone better than I did from watching their Meet the Queens videos (except Serena, before I thought she was just boring, now I know she's boring and a kumquat). I can see how Alyssa and Coco would butt heads because they have the EXACT SAME DAMN PERSONALITY.

They didn't put up a preview for next week yet. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm 
Nailed to the V

There's a preview up now! They're going to act out scenes from previous seasons' Untucked, dressed as former queens. Excellent.

I hope Jinkx starts getting more air time soon. She's talented enough (except for that runway walk...girl....) and a total sweetheart. Her entrance look was my favorite!

I love that they're not painting Jade as a all-sweet-all-the-time queen (which I completely expected), and that she will read a bisque down the house. Like in her MTQ when she said "I'm serving up rainbows and water, but at the same time—just because I can give a gentle stream I'll tsunami your asparagus like THAT."

OK, after watching the first episode 982735 times Alaska is starting to grow on me. I'm getting used to her demeanor. I like that description, weird mixed in with glamour. She has a sort of self-aware sense of humor on the runway and good commentary.

Vivienne Pinay and Lineysha Sparx both surprised me. I didn't care for either of them right away, but they're both SO GOOD. Absolutely loved Vivienne's look on the runway, that flowing red hair! And Lineysha's wallpaper couture, obviously.

I look forward to seeing how I feel about everyone after Serena and Alyssa are gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm 
A Bad Person

I definitely noticed that some queens were getting more air time than others. When I'm watching elimination shows, I'm always trying to interpret how much time each person is getting on camera. I haven't really nailed down yet if Drag Race is all about giving more air time to queens who are the "stars" and sticking around longer, or more time to queens who get eliminated early to add drama to the decisions and keep us from getting bored with the winners before they get to the end. Monica, Ivy, and Jinkx definitely didn't get much camera time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was really surprised that Monica was safe. Not only was her outfit not couture, it looked like her tuck wasn't tight enough. Jade had a lot of shiitake going on, but she at least got close to the actual requirements of the challenge (and didn't have a bulge).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:15 pm 

brian wrote:
I definitely noticed that some queens were getting more air time than others.

Tell me one thing that Honey Mahogany said besides her entrance scenes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:17 pm 

^^Yeah I hope to see more from her later. I love her 70's soul queen look, I want to know her!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:22 pm 

Sometimes in shows like this, a few loud mouth camera hogs need to go home for other people to get screen time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next