| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi guys. Just popped-in to send love to you all.

Just found-out my younger cousin is expecting. I'm very happy for her and her husband, but I also wanna barf. It's like a kick in the gut every time.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am 
Semen Strong

(((Hugs to you AH)))

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Thanks T. I've made an appointment with my fertility doc for May 1. He had asked me to make another appointment with him when I was ready to escalate my treatment to Clomid ot Letrazole, and told me he wanted me to lose weight. So I'm gonna give it my all between now and then to get my weight down, but regardless of whether I do or don't, I'm gonna ask for the drugs.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 am 
Not NOT A Furry

So DH and I had dinner with my cousin and her husband last night, with my gramma and my mother. And I was totally okay. I'm okay today, too.

When I get to feeling sad and sorry for myself, I get into high-gear crafty gift-making mode. So I made my cousin a stylish breasfeeding cover, which she totally loved.

Thankfully my mom didn't utter a word to me about me being barren. (I hope by now she knows better.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am 
Semen Strong

Oh AH, you are such a sweetheart <3

You know, I started calling myself barren in February of 2011 and then we got pregnant. So I hope that you know you're not barren and I hope you get your sticky sticky baby soon <3

Sending you tons of good thoughts.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

AlwaysHungry wrote:
Thanks T. I've made an appointment with my fertility doc for May 1. He had asked me to make another appointment with him when I was ready to escalate my treatment to Clomid ot Letrazole, and told me he wanted me to lose weight. So I'm gonna give it my all between now and then to get my weight down, but regardless of whether I do or don't, I'm gonna ask for the drugs.

my best friend had a super hard time conceiving and eventually tried i believe the Clomid and had success with it. she is due at the end of march. i hope you have the same success! it does work!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

AlwaysHungry wrote:
Hi guys. Just popped-in to send love to you all.

Just found-out my younger cousin is expecting. I'm very happy for her and her husband, but I also wanna barf. It's like a kick in the gut every time.

It is so hard -- it was for me, at least. I partly wanted to flail in jealousy, while simultaneously feeling really happy for them because everyone getting pregnant around me was so nice.
My SIL had 3 kids in <3 years. I wanted to crank out babies, too, but it's taking me a lot longer and my MIL was not always very diplomatic about it (she was always asking if we were pregnant again yet).
Anyway, fingers crossed for you! Have you tried anything like B6, maca powder, or vitex?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

So I hope this is the right place to ask questions about such things.

The last 2 years I have been working hard to find a man to have a child with. There have been some good ones but none have worked out. I will be 36 this year and really want to move forward with having a baby. So I asked my dear friend if he would be willing to help me out with that. I asked him and his wife at the same time. He wife was all for it, He had a firm No, I don't believe in that. Thank you but Sorry. No." His wife was more upset about him saying no. I thanked him, told him I still love him and then asked him if he would still love a baby of mine if I go to a sperm bank. He said of course. The conversation moved on and shortly after I left he texted me about a friend of ours who wants to also have a baby and perhaps I should think about him. So yeh. I have quite a few options and am a bit overwhelmed by it.

So yeh, at the age of 35 I have decided to become a single mom. A single mom with lots of support and love from family and friends.

So if anybody has any pointers or advice I thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations PugMom! How exciting to know what you want and be ready to go for it.

My friend was the same age as you when she decided she wanted to be a mother, and she also didn't have a partner. So she went to a sperm bank and has 2 beautiful daughters (fraternal twins). She has tons of friends and family and is one of the happiest mothers I know. It was definitely the right choice for her.

I personally wouldn't have someone who was also looking to become a father get me pregnant, unless I felt very confident that I wanted to co-parent the child with them, because I wouldn't want to have to share decisionmaking, custody etc with someone I didn't know well.

The most important thing I'd do from a practical standpoint is figure out whether I had funds for the insemination etc, as most of that isn't covered by insurance.

I know there are also resources out there to foster and adopt, which are worth looking at, but they can be so costly, time-intensive and expensive. If you are looking into that there are others on the board who have started similar threads with very good info.

I love being a parent, its the most fun thing I've ever done and I am happy for you!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:11 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

AH: I completely understand that feeling. When I heard my SIL was expecting, I was so jealous. The first time I was able to cover it well since I wasn't even trying at that point, although I wanted to be. The second time she announced (the kids are 15 months apart) I was so glad she told via text message because I spent the whole night crying out of jealousy. I was happy for her, but at the time all I could think of was "that's not fair, it's my turn"

PugMom: Congrats on your decision. I have no advice for you, but I hope things go well on your journey to be a mom.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I'm so sorry AlwaysHungry. It must be so very difficult. I'm hoping this go well with you with the drugs.

PugMom, that's a very brave decision and I think it's wonderful that you are going for it without a partner. No advice for you but best of luck. :)

I'm back in the ring myself. I got my Paragard out and we are seeing what happens. (Eek)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:25 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I am also so sorry for what you're going through, AH.

Good luck, PugMom! I second Tofulish's suggestion to consider the known donor option very carefully. You definitely want to have a legal agreement in place if you go with someone you know.

Exciting, mandycoot! Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

AlwaysHungry my fingers are crossed for you.

mandycoot best of luck!

I am pretty much looking at sperm banks now. My mom has already offered to pay for the first try and a friend of mine is referring me to her doctor for the process. I got some ovulation test strips so hopefully things will go a bit quicker once I hit the doctors office.

I was very touched and reminded why I asked my friend when he texted me about our mutual friend. I think that is why I mentioned the text. Thank you so much everybody.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am 
And you never will.

I have nothing new, I'm just popping in to say that we've been trying for 18 months now, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to give up and begin the process of coming to terms with only having one kid. That's all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Poopie, how long did it take you to get pregnant the first time around? Are you still breastfeeding? My cousin has 4 kids, but there are big-ish age gaps between her kids because she breastfeeds and it pretty much kills her fertility until she is done or nearly done. I didn't get pregnant this time until Raygold was down to one session a day and none at night (I got pregnant with Beetroot within a month of the first time I ever had unprotected sex, so BFing makes quite a difference). And a friend of mine weaned her first at 2 years and didn't even get her period back until 2 months later. BFing makes a huge difference for some women -- and it can seem so unfair when you want more kids. My SIL popped out 3 kids in 3 years and got pregnant while nursing each time (mind you, she didn't nurse as much as I did in general, but she was nursing a lot more than I was when I got pregnant...). How is your luteal phase and your cycle in general?

And best of luck PugMom -- that was my plan growing up because I never thought I'd get married and wasn't trying to hunt down a husband and didn't date much (so then when I got married, a bunch of people didn't believe it; a former flatmate of mine didn't even know my husband and I had been dating!).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:30 pm 
And you never will.

Crabby: The first time was a surprise because I was told when we were going to start trying that I couldn't get pregnant, but it was after six years of no prevention, not actively trying. I am still breastfeeding, poopiebaby probably nurses around 5-6 times per 24 hour period these days, most of it at night. From what I can tell my luteal phase is usually around 12-13 days, but it's hard to know because my temps are usually all over the place. My cycles are all over the place, too. The last four have been like this: 75 days, 43 days, 29 days, 59 days. I'm just tired of the roller coaster I go through every cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Totally anecdotal but my best friend who apparently is fertile myrtle said that with all 4 of her children they were not conceived until she was down to nursing only twice a day (and none overnight). She said all 3 kiddos (after her first) were conceived within one month of dropping nursing to only twice a day and otherwise were spaced around 2 years apart - she said she never used any protection so for her it sounds like return of fertility didn't happen until her LO was almost completely weaned.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Also - have you tried using the OPK strips? might that not help you pinpoint a little better when ovulation is taking place since your temps sound a little hard to follow?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
Semen Strong

Hugs to you Poopie. I so understand and sympathize about the roller coaster.

FWIW, it sounds like there is a lot of stress in your life with a new business and possible move etc, and perhaps it would be easier to try again once that levels off. You're in your early 30s, so you definitely have a little time. Maybe let things even out and then have a romantic and relaxing vacation?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

poopiebitch wrote:
Crabby: The first time was a surprise because I was told when we were going to start trying that I couldn't get pregnant, but it was after six years of no prevention, not actively trying. I am still breastfeeding, poopiebaby probably nurses around 5-6 times per 24 hour period these days, most of it at night. From what I can tell my luteal phase is usually around 12-13 days, but it's hard to know because my temps are usually all over the place. My cycles are all over the place, too. The last four have been like this: 75 days, 43 days, 29 days, 59 days. I'm just tired of the roller coaster I go through every cycle.

Were your cycles that unpredictable before you got pregnant? If not, I definitely think it's the breastfeeding. Okay, I think it's the breastfeeding anyway, because 5-6 times mostly at night would have kept me infertile for sure (like I said, I only got pregnant when Raygold dropped that last night feed) and I am otherwise pretty damn fertile.

I get you with the roller-coaster, though. I just felt gutted every time I got that first low temp after ovulation.

(P.S. My aunt was told she could never get pregnant and she got pregnant twice!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:04 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

So according to my ovulation strips my LH surge is right on time for my 29 day cycle. Complete with the egg white mucus. A good friend of mine who has been through many fertility treatments is going to recommend me to her favorite doctor when she gets back to town next week. So I am going to cross my fingers to get this show on the highway in the next two months.

I have looked into fostering and adoption, unfortunately both require much more government involvement than I can have in my life. I always thought I was more cut out for adoption but when I looked into it, it was just to much.

poopiebitch, I hope whatever magic happened the first time comes back into your life.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:14 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

PugMom wrote:
I have looked into fostering and adoption, unfortunately both require much more government involvement than I can have in my life. I always thought I was more cut out for adoption but when I looked into it, it was just to much.

For real! In the UK, fostering requires so many rules (public schools, no shared rooms, etc.) and adoption from within the UK is really hard if you're white and have no fertility issues -- there are lots of minority kids that need homes, but they pretty much don't let you adopt anyone outside your exact race (i/e/ if you're white and your spouse is Indian, you can only adopt half-white/half-Indian kids, etc.!!). I looked into international adoption and it is way too expensive (my uncle adopted 2 kids from the Ukraine and used all his retirement fund to get them).
I think that's really sad, too, because I dreamed of adopting when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
***LIES!!!***

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
(i/e/ if you're white and your spouse is Indian, you can only adopt half-white/half-Indian kids, etc.!!).

WHAT??? It reminds me of a (white, Jewish) friend of mine who was adopting a child from China with her (ethnic Chinese, raised primarily in UK and USA, Jewish) husband and was told to her surprise that there are actually many Chinese boys available for adoption, but that the Chinese government only allows them to be adopted by Chinese fathers. So in their case, they had a 50/50 chance of winding up with a boy whereas all the other adopted Chinese kids I've ever met are girls, because they're almost all adopted by white parents or white father/Chinese mother. (End of story: they got a girl.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 pm 
WRETCHED

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
PugMom wrote:

For real! In the UK, fostering requires so many rules (public schools, no shared rooms, etc.) and adoption from within the UK is really hard if you're white and have no fertility issues -- there are lots of minority kids that need homes, but they pretty much don't let you adopt anyone outside your exact race (i/e/ if you're white and your spouse is Indian, you can only adopt half-white/half-Indian kids, etc.!!). I looked into international adoption and it is way too expensive (my uncle adopted 2 kids from the Ukraine and used all his retirement fund to get them).
I think that's really sad, too, because I dreamed of adopting when I was a kid.

That is crazy.

My husband and I had discussed adoption casually because I think I'd rather adopt if we ever did want kids.

My uncle and his wife adopted 3 kids from the same mother (2 older, 1 baby) and they definitely had a lot of challenges but race wasn't a factor as mother was different race than either my uncle or his wife.

And I know someone who spent years trying to adopt from China but it never happened even after they got assigned a little girl. I don't have a problem with countries being protective of their children to avoid baby stealing (like reports from Guatemala) but if you figure a kid has been in a licensed orphanage for years, it'd be easier.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

FWIW, the racial preferences wrt to adoption are changing in the UK (may have already gone into effect). This is one of the few things that I could really get behind Cameron on. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... r-adoption

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 36  Next