| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: The welcome thread for new members!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! New to the PPK forums (thank you to the wonderful help from Facebook on getting my account up and running).

I was a vegetarian for almost 15 years, a vegan for 1 and currently a vegetarian again (health issues) but hope to head back to be being a vegan. I also have severe allergies to dairy, gluten, soy, sugar, coffee, cranberries, mushrooms, celery, asparagus, cod and halibut. So here I am. I want to learn! :)

Note: I

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 pm 
Tofu Pup

I like quinoa, onions and peppers. If you feed people, I like you too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Nutritional Beast wrote:
I like quinoa, onions and peppers. If you feed people, I like you too.

I love your user name :)

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello!
I'm new to the forum, but I've been using recipes from this site for a while now. I am actually baking/eating a batch of the chocolate chip cookies right now :) I was vegan for a bout 3 years, then fell off the wagon about half way through my second pregnancy, I was just hungry all the time and there are no vegan convenience foods in the small town that I live in. I've been trying to go back to being a card-carrying vegan ever since and kept falling short....anyway, I am back on it again, and am feeling much healthier already! I felt like such a hypocrite for preaching about the horrors of meat/dairy and then eating some sushi or a piece of non-vegan cake... so I thought it might be good for me to be part of a vegan community...people where I live don't even know what "vegan" means.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Tofu Pup

I just bought V'con (Kindle edition because I couldn't wait, lol) and am engrossed in it. I am excited about all these new foods I'm going to try (Admittedly, I am still reading the Intro...usually I skip the introductions in books, but this one is enthralling)! For me, that is wonderful....I thought I had an eating disorder but it turned out I just hated eating meat and animal products.

I am so happy to be here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:20 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Hi all- we live in Baja Calif. Mexico and just had our first vegan pot luck dinner at our house last night. About 22 people showed up. I made the spinach, mushroom lasagna from "Veganomicon". Everyone loved it. It looked so beautiful. Glad to be here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am 
Tofu Pup

Hello! Not a spammer. I had an account here a long time ago and I don't remember my info, so here I am again. Hopefully I will be more active, less lurkive. I've been Vegetarian for 17 years and Vegan for almost 2. I feel so much better with no dairy in my life. I have a 1 year old vegan boy and I'm raising him to be compassionate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:22 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hiya! Finally took the plunge and went from omni to vegan a couple of weeks ago. It has been a very delicious two weeks so far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm Jamo and come from Scotland. My new year resolution was to go vegan. I've been vegi for many years but this year I've decided to kick the dairy and go all out!

Ok so I just told a lie, I have been addicted to Haribo Tangtastic for many a year, so I was eating gellatine but pleased to say I've been clean for the last three months and have no plans to go back. Was a bit like claiming to have quit smoking but still have a couple when out for beers at the weekend.

Anyway, so far so good. Really digging all the recipes I have tried so far on the website and even done a couple that have appeared on the forum so 'go you guys!' Even bought 'Recipe for Reduction' today so I am most definetly serious.

At the moment I'm doing a part-time PhD but once I graduate, I'm looking to open my own vegan resteraunt in Scotland. We already have a few in my city which is great but these are all punk/alt bars that just sell vegan food. Nothing wrong with that, these are the places I hang out and play records at but I would like to have somewhere for vegans and vegis to go to when they want to sit down in a proper resteraunt on special occasions and what not.

Other details you need to know are I have terrible grammer and always forget to spell check so hope that doesn't annoy you too much when I join in the chat!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

I'm a new member! I have been vegan for almost 7 years and vegetarian for a year before that. I live in New England but have also lived in the UK and have a British husband.

I like lentils.

I am always striving to eat more healthily, as I grew up eating a lot of junk food and sugar. A lot of taste bud re-training has been going on the past few years. I really love to cook and bake, and think it would be awesome to do something related to that as a job. For now I am a recent environmental science graduate.

Isa is my favorite vegan cookbook author ever, so I guess that's most of the reason I have joined this particular forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi - I'm sue - what is a tater tot?

Veggie for 2 years Vegan for 1 - and addicted to Isa's cup cakes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, everyone. I have been vegan for almost five years and vegetarian for many years before that. Love V'con and have got my family loving the vegan blueberry-lemon pancakes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:26 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm Song, beginning the transition to full vegan. :P Hi everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:01 am 
Tofu Pup

New here. Don't delete me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi!new here, veggie for 3,5 years and at the moment completely in love with vegan cooking :) (and vegan cookies of course :P)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm new here too. Never been vegetarian or vegan. My wife was vegetarian when I met her, but we were poor students who could get free food from my parents, and they cooked meat. We're currently trying to move to eating more healthy. Im not sure if we're going to go fully vegan/vegetarian but we're going to move that way. I'd assume at least half the meals in the week would be mostly vegetarian, or vegan.

So, Hello everyone!
Gorzong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Hi to all the new people!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Hi everyone, I'm Nicole. I'm Aussie, studying Animal Sciences at university, and uh...ambivalent to tater tots. Looking forward to getting to know y'all. *waves*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi, I've recently joined the forum. I live in South East London, UK and have been vegan for 21 years, veggie for several years before that. I'm a bit of a junk food vegan, I adore food but don't like cooking so eating out is bliss for me!

I'd love to read the rules but I can't seem to find them - can someone tell me where to look please?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:39 pm 
Tofu Pup

I'm all sorts of new: new here, new to veganism, new to facing a life without cheese. Going to try some of Isa's recipes this weekend with my highly dubious 5 year old food critic.

I live in Boston, but I'm a die-hard California girl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi! New here but I have been using a lot of the recipes on the site as well as from several of the books. Let's see, my current city is Las Cruces, NM. There aren't a lot of local vegan options but the few that are available are pretty awesome.

I was a vegetarian turned vegan several years ago and then just kind of fell off the wagon in a way. Now, I am committed to leading a healthier and more compassionate lifestyle with my little clan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm 
Tofu Pup

Baby vegan here! I decided to finally transition from stalking these boards to actually posting on them. My name is Lyss, I'm 21, I'm all about sunshine and rainbows and puppies, and I think we should be friends

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:21 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi! I'm new to the forum, new to veganism, don't know any vegans/vegetarians, and was never even vegetarian. I'm not new to cooking, which is a relief. I'm having lots of fun adapting instead of the major hassle I was expecting. And I'm already wowing my family with Rhubarb Pie.

I live in Quebec, Canada, where there isn't a single vegan restaurant and very few vegans... but at least there are health stores, supermarkets and asian stores. (And at least that means the vegan police leaves me alone). I speak mostly French, write for teens and young adults (my author website: http://makebelieve.doomby.com), earn my living working in an office. I love mangas, japanimation, children's literature, cooking, classical ballet and the Japanese language. And losing precious time on the Internet.

I don't know how I landed here since I don't use forums much, haven't yet bought any of the PPK cookbooks and don't even know what post-punk means (too lazy to check it up, too, so now you know the worst about me). I intend to get Appetite for Reduction and Vegan Brunch at some time. For now, I use 1000 Vegan Recipes and am impressed by it. I also tried Vegan Yum Yum, Vegan Lunch Box Around the World and Crudessence (that one's in French) with mixed results. But the atmosphere here seems friendly and I found myself answering a post before I knew it...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi, I'm new!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello!

I was a mostly vegan vegetarian for 20 years, a mostly vegan omnivore (I know that doesn't make any sense) for a few years, and now vegan vegan and soooooo happy about it!

Tots? I heart them so much that I don't eat them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 67  Next