| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Bronze (Let's Talk Buffy)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

This show is going on ten years old and yet it still holds up to any supernatural show on tv. Except for the lack of cell phones to call for help or back-up. I watch them on old vhs tapes when I used to tape the shows. Nostalgic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

When I moved into a tiny apartment three years ago, I sold my Buffy collection. Now I have space again, and I could not resist, on some grey January day... Now my husband always says something like: "I know, we watched a lot and there is not much time tonight, but we _could_ watch an episode - what do you think?" <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I only watched through Buffy for the first time like a year ago, and I never realized this thread was here (how?) but now I just want to read through all 36 pages. I want to re-watch the entire fabulous series. If you look at my Netflix streaming history, OMWF must be there a million times. That and Dr Horrible are my usual choices for "quick! I need some showtunes to sing along to!" (this feeling comes up often).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joyfulgirl wrote:
OMWF and Dr Horrible are my usual choices for "quick! I need some showtunes to sing along to!" (this feeling comes up often).

If we weren't already internet-engaged, now I'd definitely ask you to marry me. ;) <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:30 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Phoenix wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
OMWF and Dr Horrible are my usual choices for "quick! I need some showtunes to sing along to!" (this feeling comes up often).

If we weren't already internet-engaged, now I'd definitely ask you to marry me. ;) <3

<3!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm 
Semen Strong

The Body is really an amazing piece of television. The first time I saw it was before my mother died, and seeing it again, having actually experienced a loss, was amazing. I really love Buffy. I am sitting here feeling a bit stunned by the experience.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Buffy is my go-to nap show, and the last time I took a nap I woke up, with a dog and two cats on me, and The Body had just started. I should've changed it, or gotten up, but I just laid there and let the critters slept while I wept like a baby. Every. Single. Time.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Tofulish wrote:
The Body is really an amazing piece of television. The first time I saw it was before my mother died, and seeing it again, having actually experienced a loss, was amazing. I really love Buffy. I am sitting here feeling a bit stunned by the experience.

I totally agree. My mom died in 1991 and every time I watch The Body, I cry like she has just died. It is so powerful.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:52 pm 
Semen Strong

And now I am watching "Once More With Feeling." Man, this is incredible. I feel like I need to watch it at least 3x to get all the brilliance. Plus the Willow and Tara relationship being so sexy is just amazing. On a meta level its also pretty cool to see the actors' training in other spaces come out - like Dawn's ballet training or Giles' musical training.

Last edited by Tofulish on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Tofulish wrote:
And now I am watching "Once More With Feeling." Man, this is incredible. I feel like I need to watch it at least 3x to get all the brilliance. Plus the Willow and Tara relationship being so sexy is just amazing.

You make me come....plete!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:04 pm 
Semen Strong

OMG right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I need to rewatch the whole show.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I want to get you all this for Christmas http://stayhomeclub.com/products/stay-h ... buffy-tote

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:03 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

WHY IS IT SOLD OUT??

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:21 pm 
Semen Strong

LazySmurf bought them all up for us! So excited!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:45 pm 
Semen Strong

I am watching Smashed and reading about the original ending which was apparently sexier. I can't imagine anything sexier on network TV than sex so intense it brings down a house...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm 

I just read that they were writting that episode right after September 11. (Spoilers btw if your not finished)
http://www.vulture.com/m/2013/12/oral-h ... ok_vulture

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Tofulish wrote:
I am watching Smashed and reading about the original ending which was apparently sexier. I can't imagine anything sexier on network TV than sex so intense it brings down a house...

Sex so intense it collapses the Hellmouth?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Season 6 is depressing me. I got so sad during Hells Bells. I really liked Anya and Xander together on this second viewing, and Emma Caulfield did such a great job looking so excited ("I promise to be your sex poodle!") and then so upset. The whole season has been grindingly sad - I really hated seeing Riley get over Buffy so fast and drop into Buffy's life at her very worst, and seeing her feel so bad about herself (even if it did lead to Spuffysex).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:12 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I can't watch S6 again. I just...I can't.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Season 6 is like a black hole of sadness and despair. When I was rewatching it with my boyfriend (his first time watching Buffy!), he was like, "I like my television dramas soul-crushingly dark, but jesus christ... why does Joss Whedon hate happiness? What horrible thing happened to him?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:00 pm 
Semen Strong

HOW DID I MISS FELICIA DAY AS A POTENTIAL SLAYER ON BUFFY!!!!!?

I am watching Season 7 episode 11 (Showtime) and did a double take because OMG FELICIA DAY!

I was contemplating stopping my marathon, because I'm just not that into season 7 (and I am halfway in). There are just too many inconsistencies with The First (wasn't Glory the evil that predated all evil already?) and "Him" might be the worst Buffy episode ever (plus I was rooting for Dawn to stay on the traintracks). I just don't really care. Except now! Felicia Day!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:02 pm 

Glory wasn't the first, she was from another dimension. If you do quit skip ahead and watch the finale. I loved it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:08 pm 
Semen Strong

I'm not going to quit :) I definitely am psyched for the finale, I just don't remember the season dragging on so much the first time I saw it (when it aired on network tv). I don't know why The First, the Bringers and "From Beneath You It Devours" leaves me so meh. I like the Turok Han that it summons, because that feels like a real enemy. But a non-corporeal Big Bad that just does a sound and light show? Meh. Like when The First takes the shape of Eve and is just a gossipy annoying potential with a bad Southern accent... Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Season 7 is a mixed bag. It's definitely the one I rewatch the least. It has some episodes I really like, but I've always thought that the First Evil storyline was badly executed. A non-corporeal villain sounds creepy but just does not translate as interesting or scary on screen. And there's all the speeches, and all the incredibly annoying Potentials... there are still some fun surprises ahead though.

In Buffy-related news, Mike totally won Christmas this year by getting me the Electric Tiki Spike maquette. I have Buffy, Faith, Glory, and Willow - well, I HAVE Willow, but she fell off my bookshelf a few years ago and broke and I still get upset thinking about it because she's really hard to come by anymore unless you're willing to pony up like $300, which I am not - but I never got my hands on Spike. It rules. I wish the hadn't stopped making those things, they're really awesome and I would've loved to see the rest of the main characters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 994 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next