| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm fine with a delicious and varied meal sans alcohol.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm 
Tofu Pup

I just signed up for this forum and live in Bloomington. I didn't see it explicitly mentioned, but am I correct in inferring that the Black Friday potluck is taking place somewhere in Bloomington? Actually I'll be in Indy tomorrow until about 2, not sure when y'all were planning to get together. If I can't make tomorrow, some other time!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:34 am 
ol' garly cooch

See everyone today! My neighbor has a big boat in the driveway, so it should be easier for you all to find my place in my very cookie cutter neighborhood.

ps--i'm relieved about everyone's feedback about no alcohol. I don't drink either, but wanted to make my house inviting for those who like a little wine with their meal. It really isn't needed, but I didn't want to exclude anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 pm 
Cranky

Indiana! I am moving (back) to you! I'll be in the Hanover/Madison area, about an hour from Louisville.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:27 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Welcome back, Dr. A! It's too bad that the drive from Madison to Bloomington is so winding and indirect. Well, too bad from the driver's perspective, good for the forests I suppose. What brings you back this way?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:40 pm 
Cranky

skinnydaisy wrote:
Welcome back, Dr. A! It's too bad that the drive from Madison to Bloomington is so winding and indirect. Well, too bad from the driver's perspective, good for the forests I suppose. What brings you back this way?

A new job! Despite the time involved, I imagine I'll be back in Bloomington regularly. Sahara Mart can't be beat, and I'm excited to try the Chocolate Moose's vegan ice cream this summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

Indy FYI: Spice Nation (formerly Passage to India, formerly Udupi) is now super vegan friendly (all the stuff on the buffet is marked, and most of it is vegan) and generally better than ever. If I understood correctly, a couple of the employees bought it and are really doing a wonderful job running it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm 

Dr. Apricot wrote:
skinnydaisy wrote:

A new job! Despite the time involved, I imagine I'll be back in Bloomington regularly. Sahara Mart can't be beat, and I'm excited to try the Chocolate Moose's vegan ice cream this summer.

Oh, the vegan ice cream they're making is amazing. They do milkshakes too! There's a second Sahara Mart now, not sure if you've lived here since that opened, and it's huge.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:05 pm 
Cranky

I heard about a second Sahara Mart, but I didn't realize it was bigger! That is a drool-worthy development.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 am 
ol' garly cooch

Welcome back, Dr. A.!

Mr. Jewbacca is orchestrating a get together at the Owlery for my 40th birthday. I'm pretty sure it will be Saturday, February 9th, but I don't have a time yet. All PPKers from Hoosierland are welcome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:17 am 
Cranky

Keep us updated, Jewy! I can definitely make a day trip to Bloomington most Saturdays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am 
Inflexitarian

Yay! I can probably come.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 am 

OOoh. Depending on the time I will either already be there working, or likely able to stick around for a bit!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Okay, it's February 9th (Saturday) at 8pm. Chocolate cake!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey everyone- hope the holiday get together went well! I've been MIA from PPK- just got busy but still sticking to being vegan and I figure I made it through the tough holidays so I should be good! I made a huge cake for 300 people for an art show and it was a huge hit- everyone raved about the cake and no one knew it was vegan so it was a HUGE confidence boost for my baking! I'm still looking for more eating out options - I live on the south side near greenwood but I will travel for Vegan yummies if anyone has good suggestions!

Thanks!

I became Vegan for health reasons. I AM 100% for the ethical treatment of animals. But-I won't lie about, or apologize for, why I made this lifestyle change.
Organically, Me

Why did the tofu cross the road?
To prove he wasn't chicken.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 am 
Inflexitarian

This may be old news, but... omg, you guys, there is now a Lush at the Fashion Mall! I bought waaaay too much stuff there yesterday, and it's all great. Also, the food court now looks very veggie friendly. There's a naked tchopstix, a wrap/salad/sandwich place that had a few marked veggie options, and a burger place that has two veggie burgers, one with cheese and one that's marked vegan. Huzzah!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 pm 

Sullyn wrote:
Hey everyone- hope the holiday get together went well! I've been MIA from PPK- just got busy but still sticking to being vegan and I figure I made it through the tough holidays so I should be good! I made a huge cake for 300 people for an art show and it was a huge hit- everyone raved about the cake and no one knew it was vegan so it was a HUGE confidence boost for my baking! I'm still looking for more eating out options - I live on the south side near greenwood but I will travel for Vegan yummies if anyone has good suggestions!

Thanks!

Hey guys, this is partially for Sullyn, but also for anyone who lives in/passes through Indy.

I made a map of places a vegan can eat in Indianapolis. It started as a little project with my notes on each place, but I thought I should share it! Feel free to contribute to it/update it with your info.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20 ... 9,0.220757

Hopefully it will be useful!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:52 am 
Cranky

sarahcaroline wrote:
Hey guys, this is partially for Sullyn, but also for anyone who lives in/passes through Indy.

I made a map of places a vegan can eat in Indianapolis. It started as a little project with my notes on each place, but I thought I should share it! Feel free to contribute to it/update it with your info.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=20 ... 9,0.220757

Hopefully it will be useful!

This is really awesome! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm 

jewbacca wrote:
Okay, it's February 9th (Saturday) at 8pm. Chocolate cake!

I'm home from work for the day, so I'll have missed crossing paths with your party, but have a wonderful time and happy birthday!!! I saw the cakes (I'm assuming they were for you anyway) and they look totally yum.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:36 pm 
Tofu Pup

There are a lot of Vegans in/near the Indianapolis area, Gnat is actually one of them I know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:56 am 

Happy birthday jewbacca! How was the meal? More importantly, how was the cake?

I'm hoping to make it down to Bloomington again soon to eat at the Owlery. Why is there nothing like it in Indy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:05 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Bloomington peeps -

My husband and I are thinking about visiting, and I know there are a lot of great places to get vegan eats, but I am wondering how the vegan and gluten free combination works out up there. Anyone have any suggestions or advice there?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 am 
Tofu Pup

From what I understand, the Runcible Spoon is really good at being celiac-friendly, as long as you ask. They also have a vegan plate, so I'm guessing that can also be made gluten-free? The Owlery is also pretty good, I think, though according to a friend of mine some stuff is marked gluten-free but is made in a shared fryer, so if you're really gluten-sensitive you'll want to steer clear from that.

I think Anatolia mentions on their menu that they're good at dealing with dietary restrictions, too, and they have a few good vegan options, but I haven't heard anything about them from people who've eaten a gluten-free meal there. And depending on how long y'all are visiting for, there's a big ol' aisle of gluten-free stuff at the downtown Saharamart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Fried food and my tummy don't get along anyhow so that shouldn't be a huge problem. :) Thanks so much for the suggestions. I also thought The Owlery looked pretty promising (though I wish they had the GF menu online). I'll check out the other two online!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 am 
ol' garly cooch

The cake was fabulous. And turning 40 is even better than I imagined.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next