| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Fee wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:
after i'm done cooking, i like to leave my apron on to serve as a giant bib. because i need it.

This is why I sometimes take my top off to eat.

but wouldn't that just get your bra dirty? (i also dislike washing my bras.) unless... you were to use your boobs as a shelf?! genius?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am 
Chard Martyr

seitanicverses wrote:
I do say I'm alone but never lonely and it's mostly true. I am rarely lonely. <3

I'd say that's the best possible headspace to be in for a relationship, if it happens! I was single for a pretty long time and it wasn't until I was 100% okay being alone that I met my fiance. When we first moved in together I was fiercely protective of my alone time, which, as it turns out, he understood, and that's probably why we are still together six years later.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

chouettes crêpes wrote:
Fee wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:
after i'm done cooking, i like to leave my apron on to serve as a giant bib. because i need it.

but wouldn't that just get your bra dirty? (i also dislike washing my bras.) unless... you were to use your boobs as a shelf?! genius?

I guess it's part 2 to my confessional: I take my bra off as soon as I get in the door. Sometimes it beats the shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:57 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I remember the hardest things for me after the breakup of long term relationships and the time where the loneliness hit me the hardest was suddenly sleeping alone. That was really rough. No more comforting presence next to me to snuggle up against!

vijita wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:
I do say I'm alone but never lonely and it's mostly true. I am rarely lonely. <3

I'd say that's the best possible headspace to be in for a relationship, if it happens! I was single for a pretty long time and it wasn't until I was 100% okay being alone that I met my fiance. When we first moved in together I was fiercely protective of my alone time, which, as it turns out, he understood, and that's probably why we are still together six years later.

Yeah, I feel like I have a lot to offer a relationship if I meet someone special and I'm the type who needs lots of alone time, too.

Fee, my bra comes off right away as soon as I come home. Jewelry first, then bra (preferably removed Flashdance style provided I can work it through the sleeves), shoes, belt, pants...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:06 am 
Nailed to the V

I sometimes wish I had friends like on New Girl or Friends. But I realize I love my privacy and being alone. I like knowing I have someone special, my husband, and I love my family and friends but give me my space and alone time. Maybe I have good self esteem and like myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:
chouettes crêpes wrote:

I usually eat breakfast in my underwear so I don't spill stuff on my work clothes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I talk to my cats but I also talk AS my cats, and they have specific character voices. Also, they have jobs.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

bathsheba wrote:
I talk to my cats but I also talk AS my cats, and they have specific character voices. Also, they have jobs.

Love love love this. I talk to my cats, but mainly as a reason to talk to myself. The cats don't seem to get much out of it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:29 am 
Dead by dawn

allularpunk wrote:
bathsheba wrote:

Love love love this. I talk to my cats, but mainly as a reason to talk to myself. The cats don't seem to get much out of it.

I talk to Amos but I also talk as him too. It's posssible that he has a mild speech impediment because he says "mom" really weird.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 am 
Chard Martyr

bathsheba wrote:

There are people with cats who don't do this?!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

monkeytoes wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
bathsheba wrote:

I talk to Amos but I also talk as him too. It's posssible that he has a mild speech impediment because he says "mom" really weird.

My cat has a speech impediment too! But it didn't stop her from climbing the corporate ladder to become Director of Meows.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm pretty sure my cat is deaf, but that doesn't stop me from talking to her constantly, including shouting things like "bye, sweetie! i'll be back soon!" from the door any time i leave the apartment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:13 pm 
Semen Strong

bathsheba wrote:
My cat has a speech impediment too! But it didn't stop her from climbing the corporate ladder to become Director of Meows.

Ours is C.E.Meow of MeowsCorp. He goes by Meowpurt Meowdock at work. He works tangling up yarns.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
bathsheba wrote:

Ours is C.E.Meow of MeowsCorp. He goes by Meowpurt Meowdock at work. He works tangling up yarns.

I'm pretty sure your cat is actually a mob boss. Veto Purrleone.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:08 pm 
Dead by dawn

Amos's only job is Protector of the Realm. When I'm not around he sleeps on the job because to him, the realm doesn't really matter as long as there's toys and food and mom.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:04 pm 
Tofu Pup

vijita wrote:
bathsheba wrote:

There are people with cats who don't do this?!

Not to my knowledge. I decided my cat has a degree, is working on her doctorate, and can also understand multiple languages. It just seemed more natural that way...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:52 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I spent quote some time chatting with my cats last night about scooping their litterbox... in character as the Swedish Chef.

Our older cat Merry is Queen Merry, and our younger cat Link is her liege, Sir Fartacus, the Duke of Meep. They don't have jobs per se, but they do have adventures. Someday I plan to write a rock opera for them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Neither of my cats have jobs because they are freeloaders who live off the sweats of my labours. And they can get in the way when I'm trying to work, so sometimes, I have to remind them: "Poopies, Momma has to work so you can have nice things." And they won't budge. But I am perfectly okay with this arrangement. Their job, as I see it, is to snuggle me and do my cuddle bidding and one gets the Employee of the Month award every month and earns his weekly bonuses and then some but the other...not so much--and while he is in no danger of getting a pink slip or being sacked, he's sort of like the boss's slacker son who does dick on the job and gets away with murder and will inherit the corporation one day--but fate will have this only because he'll outlive my other elderly stalwart cuddle management expert who dutifully earns his keep and deserves to inherit the earth.

One of my poopies is a refined gentleman and certain behaviors are undignified and beneath him while the other is a scrappy streetwise type of cat who occasionally coerces my refined gentleman kitty into undignified escapades, which is always a hoot.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm 
WRETCHED

We call one of our cats 'the monocle' because she is our financial advisor and trust me, she is pretty stingy with the money. She likes to give back to her origins (humane society, other animal charities). She also has the ASPCA on speed dial and threatens to use it in case we don't feed her on time or 'mistreat' her in any other ways.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:30 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

seitanicverses wrote:
Neither of my cats have jobs because they are freeloaders who live off the sweats of my labours. And they can get in the way when I'm trying to work, so sometimes, I have to remind them: "Poopies, Momma has to work so you can have nice things." And they won't budge. But I am perfectly okay with this arrangement. Their job, as I see it, is to snuggle me and do my cuddle bidding and one gets the Employee of the Month award every month and earns his weekly bonuses and then some but the other...not so much--and while he is in no danger of getting a pink slip or being sacked, he's sort of like the boss's slacker son who does dick on the job and gets away with murder and will inherit the corporation one day--but fate will have this only because he'll outlive my other elderly stalwart cuddle management expert who dutifully earns his keep and deserves to inherit the earth.

One of my poopies is a refined gentleman and certain behaviors are undignified and beneath him while the other is a scrappy streetwise type of cat who occasionally coerces my refined gentleman kitty into undignified escapades, which is always a hoot.

(this was fantastic.)

You are all making my day.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

seitanicverses wrote:

Yeah, everyone else must have pets with lots of work ethic because Chester doesn't do anything all day. He stays home and has frito-smashing parties every day. Then he has the nerve to act like he's so exhausted from his day when I get home.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:17 pm 
Slept through a huge sale, OH NO!

Mortimer J. Kitten, Esq. Attorney at Play, has his own email address. He fancies himself a mighty commando pilot who fears no thing. And, he will not tolerate objects on surfaces.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:04 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I talk to my cats constantly and also talk as my cats, too! Trevor will say something to one of them and I answer for them. I think because they've grown up around me talking to them/engaging with them all the time, they really love it and their body language reflects the fact that they are listening to me which is so freaking cute. My little poops.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I talk as my dog too, and she's a very depressed nihilist with a really low voice. She makes us all shut our mouths when Morrissey is playing, frequently tells us 'everything is terrible', but sometimes tells me I'm a 'baller' and that 'we can be bros'.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:44 am 
Chard Martyr

We are saving up money for my cat's ivy league education, but what she really wants after that is to be an international spy or a ninja. The SPCA neglected to inform us of her career goals. We're definitely getting her a mensa society membership though.

Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next