| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 92  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh PLEASE do a "My Freak Baby" thread! I love that she is obsessed with buttcrack!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

yes! my freaky baby!!!!

and on a side note, z is currently obsessed with standing on the seat of her new baby bike. i am impressed and terrified. every time she does it half of me wants to take a picture, the other half *knows* that would make me the world's worst parent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:17 am 
Semen Strong

Loved this!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Nice - I really like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The teachers at my school have a list like this that we use to write report card comments!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I kind of love this, but it also kind of reminds me how often I hear really bratty little girls called "sassy" and "diva".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:28 pm 
Semen Strong

I don't really see diva and sassy as a positive reframe, I guess :) I'd be pretty horrified if Leela were described as either of those things. I might do a diva-style throwdown :)

I like the idea of highlighting the positives, especially where our kids have a different personality type from us. My mom and I were so different and she and my sister were so alike, that it was really hard for her to see me in any positive light. And I was always described in very belittling and undermining terms. Leela and I are very alike at the moment, but my hope is to never use that kind of language on her. And what sucks is that even now, when I am angry, terrible things bubble up in my head and are so close to coming out. I hate myself for being wired to get so angry and so mean and I have to find a way to be responsible for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
I don't really see diva and sassy as a positive reframe, I guess :)

I don't either. I just saw the parallel between that and re-framing "mouthy" or "talks back" off the list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 pm 
Semen Strong

I have a new mom friend and she is a foster mother to a kiddo that is about L's age. He is just the cutest little guy, and it makes me sad to know that he's been through abuse and neglect already in his short life.

We obsess over all the stuff we're not doing right, but no matter what, our kiddos are all so very lucky.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

When do I stop peeing my pants every time I blow my nose? God!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 am 
Semen Strong

I am tired of people inviting me to things that I can't go to and then not being willing to schedule stuff that would work for me and L, even though they supposedly love us so much. Just go away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

flavabean wrote:
When do I stop peeing my pants every time I blow my nose? God!

When your nose stops running!

I usually don't leak, but, I swear, every time I get a cough or a cold, I start leaking a little again. I also hate that when I share this information, it is almost always met with the obvious, "kegels!" suggestion, like I didn't already think of that and haven't been doing kegels for the last 5 years. *grumble*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ugh. I am not usually too uptight about sick-seeming kids being out and about, but there was this poor little girl in Inez's baby gym class this morning with the nastiest, phlegmy, hacking cough. At one point she coughed so hard that she puked water/snot onto the mats beside the tumble track. Her mother (who struck me as a super odd duck even before today) just kind of sneakily swiped at it with a paper towel and then they left a little while later. Someone else had to point it out to the instructor, who cleaned it up for real. SO GROSS. I'm sure the mom was a little embarrassed and probably focused on her kid, but come on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 am 

How could I have forgotten how fun "uh-oh" is? Favorite moment was last weekend when we were walking through a parking lot, to the park. There is a grocery store right there too and this man was carrying stuff to his car and dropped some cans if beer which busted open and were fizzing. Clear as a bell, freya says "uh-oh!" The man wasn't pleased but his kid thought it was funny.

All day yesterday: "uh-oh. Oh no! Uh-oh. oh no!" Good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 am 
Semen Strong

Ha! We were at Target and something sounded like a fart, so Leela yelled out "Dada!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 am 

Haha! Brett must be so proud.

F's favorite fart phrase is "no poop". I think its because she thinks we're going to change her nappy maybe and she's busy with other stuff. Thing is that she says it when other people fart too, so I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

dude, i swear my littlest is trying to say mama already... he usually does his "neh neh" cry for hungry (I have a video link to the 5 words babies use to talk to us.. very informative and it helps me so much now) but now its turning more into "nahnah" lately. He's only 14wks... possible? Compared to Sam who didnt even babble til he was like 7-8months old (late talker/2yrs old), this is all new to me. Yay, Eli!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:42 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I caught a woman who was in active labor getting it on with her boyfriend in the L&D room. I just... can't imagine. But good for them, I guess?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:12 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

mooo wrote:
I caught a woman who was in active labor getting it on with her boyfriend in the L&D room. I just... can't imagine. But good for them, I guess?

Last thing in the world I would have wanted while in labor.
My doula friend told me that she witnessed a woman have an orgasmic birth this week. She had normal labor and when it came to the pushing stage has several orgasms spontaneously. Very interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've heard of orgasms during birth. Sex during labor though...no way. My husband wasn't even allowed to touch my hand during labor.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Husband out of town. Hanging in the living room hearing the downstairs neighbors coming and going this afternoon, Malka kept running over to the stairs shrieking, "Iz Da-E? Iz Da-E? DEEEE!" It was so sad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am 
Semen Strong

Oh that is so sad!

B is out of town next weekend and I'm dreading it. She is so into her Daddy now and he does all the bedtime stuff, so she is going to miss their routine. We got an app for video calls, but I don't think that is going to do it for her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annasrobbie wrote:
mooo wrote:

Last thing in the world I would have wanted while in labor.
My doula friend told me that she witnessed a woman have an orgasmic birth this week. She had normal labor and when it came to the pushing stage has several orgasms spontaneously. Very interesting.

*speechless*

...Okay, not totally speechless. But I wonder whether or not I would feel a little awkward having orgasms in front of the midwives at the pushing stage. On the other hand, I'm already screaming, "Oh, god!"

(Also, I'm pretty sure the last thing my husband wanted to do when I was in labour was get it on.)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:17 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Four year old Jessie getting dressed yesterday - showed me her choice of pantaloons and announced solemnly "I call these my undercrackers".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am 

Ha! I am so going to start saying undercrackers!

Missing daddies is soooo heartbreaking! Maybe once a week F will wake from a nap and, as we go down the stairs, look around to k's desk excitedly saying "pappa". That crestfallen face that follows is killer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 92  Next