| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Wow! I think I may be your twin! All I attract are creeps too! One was such a creep and a stalker that I had to leave my job and go somewhere else and take antidepressants because my anxiety levels were so high. Why can't they get that no means no!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:02 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I've had three breakfasts today. Being hungover is the best excuse to eat everything!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 am 
Chard Martyr

Nice, jojo. I love breakfast. I'd like three of them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:16 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I have two breakfasts on an average day, three sounds like an excellent idea.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:52 am 
WRETCHED

Note to anyone who refinances to a lower interest mortgage... come tax time, you may get a surprise. I started entering our tax info and we owe a lot and I'm not sure we won't get penalized. I haven't put in charitable donations which usually helps us a lot but it will only get us so far.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I slept really badly last night, which is, I think, why I'm sneezing now. At least it didn't get in the way of being productive today. I managed to do a load of laundry, do the dishes, and make Vegan Dad's turkey lunch meat (which was MASSIVE), Q&E Low-Cal chorizo, and Q&E Low-Cal corn flour cupcakes (I'll make the raspberry buttercream when they're cooled). And I'll be making soup and the marinade for one of the tempeh recipes in AFR later tonight. I think that justifies spending the rest of the day on the couch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Three breakfasts is especially rad when they look like this:
1: Bunch Muffin with avocado, sausage & tomato with a side of hash browns
2: Bagel with cream cheese
3: 3 croissants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband is going to a Superbowl party that I refused to go to because the women end up watching Disney videos separate from the men, and talking about how gross and fat they are. "OMG you're not fat! I'm fat". Fatshaming , America's other favorite passtime.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I can't decide what it says about me that I've taken to referring to friend-boy as 'Thomas of Britain'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
My husband is going to a Superbowl party that I refused to go to because the women end up watching Disney videos separate from the men, and talking about how gross and fat they are. "OMG you're not fat! I'm fat". Fatshaming , America's other favorite passtime.

My three coworkers do this all the time. Now, I get when a group of people who do want/need to loose weight gripe and commiserate; I've been there. But, these three women are all size 2. I know they are size 2 because they talk about it and one day, they all tried on each others jackets that were all size 2. One of them runs marathons. They are all close to my height, and, medically speaking, all have to be underweight. They don't have any weight issues that merit conversation--it's all just "I feel fat" "I need to lose xxx weight" or similar. I don't even think any of it is serious--it's just what they do or talk about.

I actually am trying to lose the 15-20lbs Ive gained since back surgeries and diminished mobility, so they really peas me off even more. I outweigh them each by a good 40 lbs. they must think I am as big as a freaking house.

I am now antisocial because I go eat lunch by myself in a dark, empty classroom.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yikes! That would bug me no end!

Saying that.... people consider me slim but I struggle with my weight. I look and feel better when I am trim. Also, when my weight is up by only barely overweight my cholesterol goes up, my back hurts more, my boobs get even bigger again which makes my back hurt even more and my asthma kicks off too so I try maintain a healthy BMI. That is made a major ordeal for me thanks to medication that likes to turn off my metabolism and turn up my sugar and carbs cravings to extreme levels.

I seriously need to get my butt in gear and get my oven replaced. I miss baking so bad. I definitely won't be able to afford it this month, but next month I am going to get a deposit down on one. Hopefully by June I will be back baking again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I get that daisy--I'm not judging that they have nothing to talk about--I'm saying they don't. Not once has any of them given a reason for wanting or needing to lose weight other than the "omg I'm so gross" sort. They also don't diet or do anything to eat healthily. It's just all constant "I'm so fat. Oh, you're a size 2 too?! Yeah, we need to lose weight. Omg."

I should point out here that they are all very nice and none of their other conversation is this shallow at all. It's weird. And they also aren't self-absorbed, as a rule. They also only have these conversations at lunch.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:06 pm 
Semen Strong

I think its just frustrating for me as well, because none of it is phrased in healthy terms. Its all just in "fat is gross" terms. One of them was 9 months pregnant and all she could go on about was how disgusting and fat she was (she is a Zumba instructor and worked out all pregnancy and is in amazing shape) and then gave herself 30 days to lose all her baby fat once the baby was born.

And I get it. Its a way of bonding over our common suffering. I can connect with them if I say "OMG! i have 30lbs to lose and I feel so gross!" And then they'd give me helpful hints like "Just stop eating any carbs!" or "Eat an apple before you eat any food!" etc and that would make us connect. But I don't want to bond over that stuff, I don't want to model it for my kid and I'd rather nurture my own acceptance of my body at any size.

Yes my cholesterol is ridiculously high, my knees wouldn't hurt as badly if I was thinner and I'd love to be able to buy clothes easily, but losing weight doesn't need to be my main topic of conversation, you know?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

This is just the sweetest ever. Molly is sitting on my shoulder. She is preening, so wiggling around a lot and whapping me in the face with her tail. I looked over at her after a particularly annoying whap caught me in the eye and she looked up at me, then leaned in at a 45 degree angle to rub her cheek against mine, and she purred.

<3

Now she is back to whapping me in the face with her tail.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 pm 

daisychain wrote:

I seriously need to get my butt in gear and get my oven replaced. ...

You could get a toaster oven (and the reason I'm suggesting you do this is that I want to live vicariously through you. You would have to come back and report what model you got and how big a pizza it fits. I promised myself I could only buy one when the upstairs room was tidied. That was about 5 years ago...)

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Sometimes I randomly shout, "Time for pancakes!" and then I make a bunch of pancakes and eat them all and everything is good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:41 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

lavawitch wrote:
This is just the sweetest ever. Molly is sitting on my shoulder. She is preening, so wiggling around a lot and whapping me in the face with her tail. I looked over at her after a particularly annoying whap caught me in the eye and she looked up at me, then leaned in at a 45 degree angle to rub her cheek against mine, and she purred.

<3

Now she is back to whapping me in the face with her tail.

Molly cuteness never fails to brighten my day!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 pm 
Chip Strong

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Sometimes I randomly shout, "Time for pancakes!" and then I make a bunch of pancakes and eat them all and everything is good.

That is fantastic. Waking up and having a friend make pancakes for you is the best (this has happened to me twice this week).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:52 pm 
Chard Martyr

zwingtip wrote:
I can't decide what it says about me that I've taken to referring to friend-boy as 'Thomas of Britain'
Ha. Mine is similar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Meggs wrote:
zwingtip wrote:
Ha. Mine is similar.

I've been wondering what it's all about that I refer to/call mine always by his first and last name at once.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I was making the VCIYCJ Chocolate Chip Cookies and I had mixed, I thought, all of the ingredients together and I was like, "Wow, this is really crumbly and sandy... there's no way this is going to form balls of dough."

And then I realized I forgot to add in the almond milk at the beginning. Whoops. I added it at the end, but I'm like 70% sure these cookies aren't going to turn out well... Haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:41 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

dropscone wrote:
daisychain wrote:

I seriously need to get my butt in gear and get my oven replaced. ...

You could get a toaster oven (and the reason I'm suggesting you do this is that I want to live vicariously through you. You would have to come back and report what model you got and how big a pizza it fits. I promised myself I could only buy one when the upstairs room was tidied. That was about 5 years ago...)

hahaha!!!! That is sooooooo me. I am rubbish at getting around to doing things. I would much rather buy a new phone than a house appliance but then homemade cookies always taste better than shop bought.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
I get that daisy--I'm not judging that they have nothing to talk about--I'm saying they don't. Not once has any of them given a reason for wanting or needing to lose weight other than the "omg I'm so gross" sort. They also don't diet or do anything to eat healthily. It's just all constant "I'm so fat. Oh, you're a size 2 too?! Yeah, we need to lose weight. Omg."

I should point out here that they are all very nice and none of their other conversation is this shallow at all. It's weird. And they also aren't self-absorbed, as a rule. They also only have these conversations at lunch.

Ah see, I just talk about my damn dog all day. Apparently some people don't like to hear about my dear princess all day but others do.

Oh.... you will totally appreciate this..... usually Lexi and Elmo (the cockatiel) HATE each other. They are always screeching/barking at each other. Last night I caught Elmo down the bottom of the cage at the nearest point to lexi and he was singing to Lexi who was sitting there mesmerised with her nose right up at the cage. He let out the occasional whine back at him as if to join in but stopped because she realised she can't sing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:49 pm 

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

Uhhh let's be bffs?!??!?!

I think I migh have been some sort of canine in a past life* because the sound of someone vacuuming stresses me out like nothing else. Weirdly, the dog we have now superduper loves the vacuum. He's a weirdo.

*not really

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:04 pm 
Impressive boner

I've written and submitted the job application I've been trying to decipher all week. I'm hoping the hard work pays off and I get an interview!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46584 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1278, 1279, 1280, 1281, 1282, 1283, 1284 ... 1864  Next