| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Also, if anyone was wondering why Alaska was saying 'hiiiiiie', she was imitating the Throwin' Shade girls!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 am 
Nailed to the V

I was wondering! I watched their season 5 first impressions video, but forgot about that. I filed that under "missed reference" along with the way Ru says "Ivy Winters" in a whiny voice and Camille Grammer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am 

I don't get the Ivy Winters voice either.

The Throwin' Shade girls are amazing! Their videos are super long but I just put it on while i'm playing a game or cleaning or something. I know they can't compete but I really wish Ru would fly then into LA to appear as special guests or judges or something.

There's also the video where they give Willam tips on doing recaps, which he edited while drunk on a plane (and it shows).

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 pm 

So Willam did interviews at the season five premiere, and i'm going to cut this because Brian likes to fake-freak out about the tiniest spoilers but Ru told him that two, unspecified queens

Spoiler: show
fall in love

this season! Ooooo!

Also, Logo took down all of the Untucked episodes! Brian and I had been watching season 4 and the Untucked episodes in bed on my computer screen, and when we got to the dog episode, the regular episodes were gone. So we watched the Untucked for the dog episode, and then went to season two to watch those Untucked...s. And we got to watch two of them before they took them all down. :( At least Brian got to learn about the best friends race and how Mystique is from Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 pm 
Nailed to the V

And the Untucked for the dog episode is pretty much essential, with the dogs causing drama...so...I'm glad he got to see what UT is about. My coworker who loves Drag Race never watches Untucked, even though I told him he's only watching half the show then. I hope this upcoming episode shows him that Untucked is worth it. And I hope Logo puts them back online.

Interesting! I wonder what could come of a RPDR love storyline. I can't tell whether that might help them or hurt them in the overall competition.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah I missed quite a few of season 4 and All Stars untucked because of feeling too busy to get to them all, I was planning on watching them around now when I have more time... :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

This episode is making me want to live blog the whole thing. I am living for it.

Lip-synching the scenes is to die for. And really Alaska as Phi Phi makes me so so happy.

Vyapti wants Serena to stay because she makes me so mad. It seems cruel.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:22 am 

Good riddance! Serena had all of Tyra's shitty attitude without any of the skills to back it up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am happy that Monica came out as trans. Now hopefully her head will be in the game and she will step it up. Because she has not been turning out good drag. I am a little worried that she has shown her best work.

I am okay with a final three of Ro-Laska-Tox.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:01 pm 

Last year I was really good at guessing who would go home 2nd-5th, but i'm not so sure. I'm worried for Jade even though I lurrrrrrve her. I also think that Monica isn't going to make it much further. Maybe Honey because she seems so laid back? It's hard to tell. Also keep in mind that after episode two Dida was one of my 'the next three to go home' and she kept on keepin' on.

The previews for next week make me think that we might get most or all of the Coco/Alyssa story! I'm pretty in the middle about both of them, Coco's outfit was one of my least favorites last night and it was supposed to be their best drag, so I assume that's indicative of her general style.

It's not a spoiler since it was in the Supertrailer which they showed at the start of the first episode, but at least I know Jinkx is making it to the Snatch Game. I assume that's going to be episode five or six.

The only thing I think that will keep Roxxxy out of the top for sure is if she's funny or not. She is very very pretty and put together and fun, but the comedy challenges are usually what trip up girls like her. I think someone said it last year, but Snatch Game is what separates the boys from the women. The only reason Tyra glided through without ever being in the bottom two is because she got immunity for Snatch Game and the rocker chicks challenge, which she also did horrible at (because she was trying to be Beyonce again).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm so glad Serena's gone. Even her parting comment was shitty.

I want more of Jade Jolie. And Ivy Winters out of drag is kinda hot.

I realise that I added nothing constructive or insightful to the discussion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 pm 

Oh my gawd, such a good episode. Damn this season is going to be so frakkin good!

YAY for Monica! That made me so happy. And I totally cried in that part of untucked with her mommy.

Still in love with Alaska

Still think Honey is super gorgeous.

Even more so in love with Jinx and have rully fallen in luv with her.

I kind of assumed Detox was going to be a bisque but after this episode I think she seems really awesome!

Still in love with Santino.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Thank you for thinking that Ivy boy is hot! I told a friend today that back in the day, that is the boy I would have made horrible choices for.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 pm 

I think Ivy boy is hot!

Also who else thought that the video of Monica's mom was actually Monica for a minute. They're like twins!

If you watch the bonus scenes on the site, they're the full performances and Honey actually did REALLY well and thought she was going to win. For most of her part, I had trouble telling that she wasn't the one speaking!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 am 

Omg thank you for reminding me to watch those. So funny. Omg Phi Phi and Sharon <3333333333

Also, yeah, Honey's lypsynching was really good, but I see why... (shoot I forget her name) [the one who did Tyra] won. The personality was soooo spot on.

Okay wait now I feel like I forget what happened, it was the Tyra one who won right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 am 

Yeah, Linesha. Lynesha? I should probably remember how to spell her name.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

Mars, yeah,
Tyra won.

THIS EPISODE. So good. Alaska has grown on me tenfold. She's hilarious, and she can werq. I liked "Actually this is Detox's best drag!" Just doesn't care.

Now that Jinkx has gotten more screen time I love her even more. What a sweet, nice queen. I'm also kind of worried for Jade...But hopefully now that Serena is gone she'll be able to shine some more. The beginning of this episode was SUCH a downer when Jade was being painted as an unlikeable queen (what??). Also, she always looks so cute in her street clothes. The one thing that makes me hopeful is how much the judges (especially Michelle) adore her all the time.

The mini challenge was soooo gross. And then Ru's shimmy shake during Peanut Butter. I'm starting to like that song now.

Ivy is not doing it for me at this point. She's a stunt queen. She's talented enough, but not interesting enough. IMO. Then she chose Honee over Jade for the main challenge. Annoyed.

Monica Beverly Hillz lip synched the shiitake out of that song! And she was in perfect drag for Rihanna. She proved that she was just having a rough week and really does deserve to be there.

I LOVED THAT UNTUCKED. I'm sorry to say I loved when all the queens laughed and laughed at Serena. I'm sure most of that was edited in for comedy, but still. And I started liking Alyssa when she chimed in, "Sit down bisque! Sit down and shut up!" And then Coco and Detox spelling it all out. If I had to choose between Coco and Alyssa, I like Coco more...But Alyssa isn't so bad either. Maybe. Now that Serena is gone, I like almost everyone else. I think Honee should be the next to go.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:24 pm 

Garrick wrote:
Now that Serena is gone, I like almost everyone else.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I feel like there are a few queens I don't like as much as others but not to the point where I'm ready to see them go home yet! I know from here on out I'm going to be sad no matter what elimination-wise. I guess if I had to pick who would make me lease sad to see leave it would be Ivy Winters or Vivienne... I like them both a lot though out of drag, but in drag so far they've both been kinda 'meh' for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:45 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I also think Ivy is hot. I am so glad Serena is gone. I still don't have a favorite yet, but no one annoys me as much as Serena did so yay! Also, I am super duper excited to see Tammie Brown perform this weekend. I can't wait. It's at a small bar in Long Beach so I'm really hoping to meet her, etc. Teleport us to Mars!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 am 

boychucker wrote:
Also, I am super duper excited to see Tammie Brown perform this weekend. I can't wait. It's at a small bar in Long Beach so I'm really hoping to meet her, etc. Teleport us to Mars!

Wait what?! Is she teleporting you to Mars or am I involved in this somehow?! I wish I was! I love the fork out of some Tammy Brown. JEALOUS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:04 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

too many queens to remember but i'm glad serena cha cha was booted.
the cards are already stacked against alaska because of sharon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Mars wrote:
boychucker wrote:
Also, I am super duper excited to see Tammie Brown perform this weekend. I can't wait. It's at a small bar in Long Beach so I'm really hoping to meet her, etc. Teleport us to Mars!

Wait what?! Is she teleporting you to Mars or am I involved in this somehow?! I wish I was! I love the fork out of some Tammy Brown. JEALOUS.

She said something about teleporting to Mars during an episode of untucked. I ♥ Tammie too, really looking forward to Sunday night.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:12 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh my. I know a lot of people thought this week was flat. I disagree.

I thought the bit with Alaska and Detox was one of the silliest things I have seen in a long time.

I am so over the Coco/Alyssa drama. Either fight it out with a big screaming match or stop talking about it.

I am also not at all sad that Monica went. I am thrilled that she came out. But she did not once turn it out like she should have or could have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I agree about the Coco/Alyssa bs. Fight about it and stfu already. That said, for whatever reason, I'm Team Coco. I really don't know why, other than Alyssa's attitude leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I like Roxxxy and Alaska, and I'm coming around to Detox, but I'm so over them screaming RoLaskaTox every forking time they enter the workroom.

I think Vivienne is gonna be gone soon. She's pretty boring and just seems to rely on her looks, and while she's pretty, there are lots of prettier girls. Then again, the same could've been said about Tyra, I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm 
Nailed to the V

The production value for the lip syncs seems really good this season.

This is a strange feeling for me, but I think I'm starting to like Alyssa just fine. I don't want her to win or anything, but I like when she's on screen. Coco is good too, but I did not like her girlish drag. I thought she was funny as the ventriloquist dummy! She should have played up the script more as "I'm a doll, I'm supposed to be obtuse."

Loved when Jinkx talked about her grandma being a support growing up/finding drag. So sweet.

C'mon Jade, more screen time! Fewer resentful confessionals! More vulnerability and tears of joy!

I like Detox's take on drag, namely on the runway. Reminds me of the artsy/fashionista styles of Raja and Sharon. Loved her hot mesh couture. I want to see more of Vivienne, hopefully she'll step up her game because she IS really pretty and I want to root for her. I was expecting a bigger personality. She doesn't bore me as much as Honey Mahogany does.

The next episode's gonna be about ballet I hear, and then in two weeks, SNATCH GAME!

Umm...If anyone is interested in watching a stop-motion video of barbie dolls as drag race queens...I love this. Most Popular Girls of Drag Race

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next