| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 pm 
WELFARIST!

You get samples of non-soap solids???

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 am 
Chard Martyr

dropscone wrote:
I bought a tub of R&B, and have decanted some into the now empty sample pot so I can take some with me wherever I go!

I asked for samples of everything I thought might work that I haven't tried yet. I got given a nice slab of big conditioner bar, and she recommended some cythia sylvia stout and some veganese, but I've just realised she forgot the Blousey. I've written a note on the Big wrapper to ask for that when I finish this round of samples! (going to ask for Trichomania too, since I haven't tried that either).

Your hair sounds similar to mine (fine, dry), and I don't recommend veganese. I bought a huge thing of it and it was such a waste of money, as it did nothing to moisturize my hair.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Mr. Shankly wrote:

Well, first of all I asked for a sample of Jungle and she said they didn't normally sample it (because it's an individual bar rather than a block they chop bits off, I think?) but she was going to anyway, but then she went on to give me a sample of the Big solid instead after we decided that would suit my hair better. Maybe I just got lucky with my salesperson, she was really enthusiastic and helpful without being offputting.

vijita - yeah, I think I tried Veganese a long time ago and can't remember what it did, which means it probably wasn't spectacularly successful, but she offered so I thought it was worth a go. Have you found anything good for making it less dry and flyaway without making it look greasy?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

dropscone wrote:
Mr. Shankly wrote:

Well, first of all I asked for a sample of Jungle and she said they didn't normally sample it (because it's an individual bar rather than a block they chop bits off, I think?)

Yeah, that's what they've always told me. They can't give me samples of solid products because they're individual rather than a giant bar (like soap).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've occasionally received solid samples because a product was broken and they couldn't sell it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

In the mail or in store? Because it's in store where they can't give you them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Well, when I helped out in a store over Christmas a few years back, when a solid product was broken in transport, we made samples of it. Doesn't happen a lot, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

In a store.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm 
WRETCHED

The Big conditioner is pretty moisturizing, probably a little too much for me on a regular basis but I'm fine with veganese.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:44 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

vijita wrote:
dropscone wrote:
I bought a tub of R&B, and have decanted some into the now empty sample pot so I can take some with me wherever I go!

I asked for samples of everything I thought might work that I haven't tried yet. I got given a nice slab of big conditioner bar, and she recommended some cythia sylvia stout and some veganese, but I've just realised she forgot the Blousey. I've written a note on the Big wrapper to ask for that when I finish this round of samples! (going to ask for Trichomania too, since I haven't tried that either).

Your hair sounds similar to mine (fine, dry), and I don't recommend veganese. I bought a huge thing of it and it was such a waste of money, as it did nothing to moisturize my hair.

Hmmm, see Veganese is what I'd recommend - it's by far the best thing for my fine, dry flyaway hair. I cheat with HHJJ sometimes but it's just not the same.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I got my order in the mail last week and love snowcake as much as I thought I would. I have a question though. I got a tub of herbalism and it says to use by April. It usually takes me about six months to go through a tub. Should I store it in the fridge/freezer to make it last longer?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 pm 
WELFARIST!

I never store mine in the fridge and it always seems to be okay. I've had this current one for about 5 months now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

if i got a fresh face mask - how long could i keep it out without it going bad?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am 
WELFARIST!

I've had one for about 2 years that's been sitting in my room and has yet to go bad. The only thing is that it dries out after a bit but if I add a bit of water it's fine.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:42 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't know if this is old news but the new lip balms are much nicer and no hint of the graininess I hate about the old ones. I got a new one for my Sister (kiss something?) and commented on how much nicer it was, and the lady said that they are all going to be made to the new formula bit by bit.

And, I don't think it matters whether the fresh masks are in the fridge or not, no matter what they say. I always put mine in the fridge when I get it, and then accidentally leave it out by the bath after I first use it, and it never looks or smells any different.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 am 
Chard Martyr

I always leave my Lush face masks in the fridge well after they expire. I mean, I've studied food safety...I'm not going to get food poisoning, because I'm not eating them. I think it's a gimmick.

I need help with my henna. I have been swimming in a chlorinated pool a lot lately, and for some reason my roots (and only my roots), have turned back to my natural colour (which I'm not fond of). The rouge in my ends is so vibrant and beautiful, so my contrast my roots look grey, even though they are just a dirty blonde. I don't really care for now, but I do want my hair to be a nice even red for my wedding at the end of March. Suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:56 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Brian's tub of herbalism went bad and got moldy in the shower, but he had a full tub and used it so little that it was in there for over six months, in the summer, before this happened. If you're really worried about it you can scoop out half of the container and put that in a plastic container in the fridge.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Bleurgh, guys, as the person who's had to clear out more mouldy BB Seaweed and Love Lettuce than anyone who should have to, you really do need to keep them in the fridge. It's not about food poisoning, it's about them containing really nutritious things (like seaweed gel) and no preservative. Some will last for ages after the date (Oatifix and Cupcake) but others go fluffy and explode green mould dust when you open the lid. My fave thing? Processing a 'return five pots' deal and getting a face full of mould dust.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Also, if we're on this topic, preserve your other things in the fridge too. Whatever fancypants moisturizer I bought went rancid (ethereal? something like that, vanilla-y), and it was painful to realize that it was that much money down the drain so quickly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

So I have combination skin with acne and I've been using Aqua Marina for years and it's been amazing. Lately though, reasons probably related to the environment, it's been irritating my skin. By mid-day my skin is super oily but my skin is dry and peeling off. After I get out the shower my face is red, it hurts and I've had a lot of really bad acne lately. I use moisturizer but my cleanser needs to be more moisturizing than it is now. Any suggestions among the Lush cleansers?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:29 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Maybe Angels On Bare Skin? It's for all skin types, but it's really gentle and it's not drying.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I bought the FUN soap stuff and I haaaaate it. It makes such a forking mess of the soap dish! It does smell great though. I've never hated anything from Lush before...apparently you can use it for hand washing clothes so I'm going to pack it next time I travel & see of I can make myself like it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

jojo wrote:
I bought the FUN soap stuff and I haaaaate it. It makes such a forking mess of the soap dish! It does smell great though. I've never hated anything from Lush before...apparently you can use it for hand washing clothes so I'm going to pack it next time I travel & see of I can make myself like it.

Are the FUN soaps vegan? They aren't marked as such, so I've avoided trying them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

zensquiggle wrote:
jojo wrote:

Are the FUN soaps vegan? They aren't marked as such, so I've avoided trying them.

Yes they are, look: https://www.lush.co.uk/s?q=fun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Phoenix wrote:
zensquiggle wrote:
jojo wrote:

Yes they are, look: https://www.lush.co.uk/s?q=fun

That's odd. The US website doesn't have them marked the way the UK one does.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next