| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 307  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I think y'all know I'm not a huge fan of pinks but I need to give props to el cheapo Wet n' Wild for their Hannah Pinktana sheer sparkle pink. I put a thin layer of it over a prior double coat of dark grey/blue sparkle (Hot Wired) from Sinful and it popped it full of tiny rainbow light refractions! It didn't turn it pink but added a lustre that was amazing. Then I pulled the electric blanket over my head and screwed it all up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:15 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I finally played with the stamps a bit more. I got some pure acetone, which definitely cleaned the plates better. And I realized that the scraper I got with the set was worthless. I used my Sally keychain card, and it worked perfectly. I played a bit over an old mani, and they're so cool! I'll be doing a full stamping mani soon. Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jojo wrote:
bluedawg wrote:
oh, no, i hadn't seen that! thanks mbm! my order number was 12001 so i guess that means i'm in the clear, and just have to wait a little longer. whew!!

I defintely wouldn't worry, I placed my order Jan 12th & it only arrived yesterday or the day before!

good to know, thanks! xo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ndpittman wrote:
Oh my goodness! That's your best one yet though! So gorgeous!!

Thanks, Nicole :)

SnarkyV - I have that pink too, I don't use it often enough. I'll have to try it over the top of another colour.

Bluedawg - I got an email from A-England yesterday saying my order has shipped. I'm not sure if that means it's shipped from them to the company they're using for non-UK orders, or if that new company has shipped it.

Jojo - I did my nails on Thursday night, it's now Sunday morning and I have no tip wear or chips on my left hand whatsoever! My right hand has slight tip wear and a few teeny chips, but my right hand is the one I use more, and I don't take as much care when I paint it. I used a coat of Butter London's QD Hardwear P.D Quick Top Coat on top of the base colour (and I wrapped the tips at that stage) and then another coat of it again at the end and I am amazed at how well the polish has lasted after 2 days. I've cooked, and done dishes, but I haven't been to work, so I will see how good they look after tomorrow. I know it's not cheap (well it might be cheaper in the UK) but so far I am impressed with the BL top coat!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:12 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Is there a white that covers in fewer than 3 coats?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

zelavie wrote:
Is there a white that covers in fewer than 3 coats?

Yep, Zoya Snow White and Barry M Matt White are two I've got and both are opaque in 1-2 coats

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 am 
So Totally Yiffy

clean your stamper with tape, not acetone... SO much faster :D I use a big roll of packing tape, or better yet, lint roller tape. Just pull off a sheet and fold the ends under, stick it to the table top. I stamp my stamper clean on it and ball it up when Im done and have a perfectly clean stamper every nail. Its awesome and I dont have to worry about trying to clean the fuzzies off of my stamper every time I wipe it off with the cotton ball.

I have seen that pink too, Snarky... I was looking at it wondering what it would actually turn out like.. dang it now I have to grab it!

Zelavie? WnW white and Spoiled Correction Tape whites both work very well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Raila wrote:
I have seen that pink too, Snarky... I was looking at it wondering what it would actually turn out like.. dang it now I have to grab it!

I've used that pink alone and it's fine but it's really cool when layered. I've put if over blues and greys so far and it really creates some surprises.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:14 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Raila wrote:
clean your stamper with tape, not acetone... SO much faster :D I use a big roll of packing tape, or better yet, lint roller tape. Just pull off a sheet and fold the ends under, stick it to the table top. I stamp my stamper clean on it and ball it up when Im done and have a perfectly clean stamper every nail. Its awesome and I dont have to worry about trying to clean the fuzzies off of my stamper every time I wipe it off with the cotton ball.

Oohers, that's a good idea - I'm gonna try it out, thanks!

This is 2 coats of Orly Liquid Vinyl, then I stamped over Zoya Freya and then in the middle I stamped Natio Turquoise. I used a very pointy dotting tool to do the eagle on the ring finger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

you never cease to amaze!

i'm still waiting on my a england order, so i decided to do a mani/pedi in tristam. <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

hooray, my a england order is here! so much pretty!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Yay, bluedawg!

I've been wearing uber-neutrals for the last week (seems like so much longer) and I am ready for something crazy, but I can't decide what I should do. Choices!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

true story: went to see silver linings playbook yesterday and kept obsessing over jennifer lawrence's nail polish. i feel a bizarre need to know what color she was wearing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

http://www.ask.com/answers/292541101/wh ... s-playbook

Not a definitive answer, but interesting!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:51 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

a mix of Butter London polishes I tried on at Macy's. My boyfriend said to buy one but I have not yet. I like the new neon green one!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:07 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I finally got my A England! Yay!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

O you guys! I just painted on Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream and it's stunning! Looks just like all the photos out there!

My only problem is figuring out what color clothes to wear with it. I don't have any teal or turquoise clothes. Any suggestions from ya fashionistas? Help :-o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I usually forget to even attempt to match clothes to polish, but I think anything blue, green, yellow, or purple will work.

So ORLY changed their bottle design, they switched them out at Sally's and my first thought was 'WHAT DID THEY DO WITH ALL OF THOSE OLD BOTTLES?!'

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've been kind of depressed lately and haven't even tried to find tiny joy in nail polish. My nails have gotten messy so tonight I finally sat down and did a real manicure and got them in shape. I did Black Pearl since I figured anything bright like Suspicous would annoy the crepe out of me by noon tomorrow.

I feel better!

I haven't bought any spring colors yet. I'm not sure if I will get any since they all seem like actual dupes of recent releases. Maybe if I see them in person I'll change my mind. I'm sort of holding any purchase out as a carrot to lose my post-surgery weight gain. Of course, who am I kidding? If I decide one of the colors is a must have, I'll buy it anyway. My aunt asked if I needed her to send them and she laughed at me when I told her my plan.

Matching to clothes: well, I usually wear black, so that's no help. But, in general as long as people aren't going to stop you in the street and yell "goodness, that nail polish looks awful with that skirt," I'd say wear it and have fun. The only thing I really worry about is something like wearing a green polish with a red tee in July, because then I feel like a Christmas tree.

I chose Black Pearl over my dozen other black polishes because I'm wearing a black velvet skirt with a super soft fluffy black sweater tomorrow, so I thought it would go with all the different textures. I'll decide in the morning if I'll do nude/neutral lip gloss or go dark/goth and scare my students.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I usually forget to even attempt to match clothes to polish, but I think anything blue, green, yellow, or purple will work.

Can you believe I don't have any blue, green, yellow or purple clothes? I have magenta, orange, red, beige, brown, greys, and black. And white. Maybe I'm stuck with black and white with the Mermaid's Dream? Or I go shopping.

BTW, someone once mentioned needing lots of topcoats with the Mermaid's Dream and they weren't kidding. Three coats to finally stop the glitter from snagging knits. But worth it, bootifull.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:10 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

lavawitch wrote:
I've been kind of depressed lately and haven't even tried to find tiny joy in nail polish. My nails have gotten messy so tonight I finally sat down and did a real manicure and got them in shape. I did Black Pearl since I figured anything bright like Suspicous would annoy the crepe out of me by noon tomorrow.

I feel better!

I chose Black Pearl over my dozen other black polishes because I'm wearing a black velvet skirt with a super soft fluffy black sweater tomorrow, so I thought it would go with all the different textures. I'll decide in the morning if I'll do nude/neutral lip gloss or go dark/goth and scare my students.

Painting my nails makes me feel better too. Almost as good as having chocolate chip pancakes for dinner.

Scare the students, it'll be fun :-P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'll be scaring them wi an astronomy unit test tomorrow.

But, I also made them all chocolate chip muffins to ease the pain (well, the pre-lunch class anyway since I know most of them dont eat breakfast), so scaring them might be harder.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

ETA: This is turning out to be a long post! I have ripped one of my nails on my good hand and want to have a go at patching it. Does anyone have any tips? I'm about to google repairing nails using tea bag paper but I thought I'd ask here - thanks!

bluedawg wrote:
true story: went to see silver linings playbook yesterday and kept obsessing over jennifer lawrence's nail polish. i feel a bizarre need to know what color she was wearing.

I want to see it now just for her nails. That answer suggests Zoya Kelly, which is a lovely grey

mrsbadmouth wrote:
So ORLY changed their bottle design, they switched them out at Sally's and my first thought was 'WHAT DID THEY DO WITH ALL OF THOSE OLD BOTTLES?!'

Googled it and found a pic, I don't know if I like the new look. The old bottles and logo stand out, not sure the new font does. But, I guess they wanted a change after so many years with the same look.

snarkyvegan wrote:
O you guys! I just painted on Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream and it's stunning! Looks just like all the photos out there!

Yay! I think I will treat myself to a bottle when in the USA

lavawitch wrote:
I feel better!

I'm glad you're feeling better, painting my nails usually lifts my mood, even if it's only a little.

Australis Aqua, tips are Zoya Maura and Zoya Creamy. Dots are Zoya Pure White and Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream

China Glaze Secret Periwinkle, stamped with Barry M Navy Blue on the index, middle and ring finger with KIP M63. Thumb and ring finger were stamped with Orly Luxe and then Barry M Navy Blue with KIP M77

And I spotted this little set of Kleancolors today: Bite Me, Boogie Nights, Military Green, Concrete Grey, Black, and White. They look so good swatched, can't wait to use them. Plus 2 new L.A Colors stripers: White & Red Glitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 am 
Ninja Master

Kitteh get yourself some nail glue. cut out enough tea bag paper to fully cover the split then put it on and paint on the glue thinly. buff it down if it's too rough. then base coat and colour... etc. it's pretty easy. It should last a few days before you have to redo it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:37 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Kitteh: I randomly read this last night-- http://veganclaws.com/2012/09/06/fixing-a-break/

Basically what baps said but with pictures!

Also, you are amazing. The Life in Outer Space mani kills me.

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one to google the new Orly bottle. I kind of like it though. Kind of Euro?

Anyway, I'm almost too boring to update. I did OPI Kiss on the Chic manicure and Got the Blues for Red pedicure. Yawn. It looks classic and clean though. Maybe I'll do some glitter over the tips...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 307  Next