| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

And at the very least - don't let the power go out!!!! I cannot take hyperactive toddler with no power and no heat (and please God no, maybe no water).

I guess I have to decide whether or not I'm coming to work tomorrow. Also, I'm supposed to deliver a meal to someone recovering from surgery on Saturday. Not sure how that's gonna happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Cuddles has been so hyperactive until he is walked and then he settles back into being a sack of potatoes.

I cannot take a hyperactive dog and a toddler and if power goes out I am just forked.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:33 am 
Bathes in Braggs

oh tofulish i just had that kind of scenario except tropical storm instead of snow and we had nopower for over a week. what an interesting time we had. no cell phone coverage, no landlines, no internet. blergh. i hope you go ok.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 am 
Semen Strong

Thanks madame dahlia! How rough! We had something similar during Sandy and I am hopeful that things won't be that bad again. I don't think we could do 9 days without power and heat in these temps and with Brett gone, I have no one to Macgyver clever work arounds.

In celebration of the storm the dog has now already pissed all over our first floor, for no discernible reason. I lethim out at 7pm, went up to put L to bed and when I came back at 10 the whole house was just rank with urine. And then L woke up at 3 am and wanted to find Dada until 4:30 gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Just waiting for her to wake up so we can fill the gas tank, walk the dog (maybe) and get bagels if I'm superlucky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Storm's on its way... it's snowing and winds are blowing strong. And it feels like -20F out there. Brr!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

This belongs in the "bad mama" thread but I don't remember which one it is...
For the third freakin time today I forgot to wave to Dahlia from the street while she's looking out her window as I leave for work! I feel like a an absolute jerk because I was just spaced out and walked out into this horrid weather and totally forgot my little sweetie was standing up there. The 1st time I did that she cried a bunch (H reports), the 2nd time I remembered like 2 blocks later and called and spoke to them both on the phone. This time I didn't remember til I was standing in line at WF 40min later and looked at my phone and saw he'd called. Aghhhhhh. To be fair, this is a somewhat new thing she's tried to institute but I just feel like a selfish jerk for forgetting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Does anyone else get super emotional thinking about giving their kids a haircut? Henry's hair is pretty long, especially in the back, but I get a little teary eyed when I think about giving it a trim.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:52 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, Brett has wanted to cut Leela's hair for ages and I can't do it. All that hair was in my tummy! I made it all! (okay she made it all, but I helped!)

I love her hair. Its awesome and wonderful and soft and silky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:39 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Audrey wrote:
This belongs in the "bad mama" thread but I don't remember which one it is...
For the third freakin time today I forgot to wave to Dahlia from the street while she's looking out her window as I leave for work! I feel like a an absolute jerk because I was just spaced out and walked out into this horrid weather and totally forgot my little sweetie was standing up there. The 1st time I did that she cried a bunch (H reports), the 2nd time I remembered like 2 blocks later and called and spoke to them both on the phone. This time I didn't remember til I was standing in line at WF 40min later and looked at my phone and saw he'd called. Aghhhhhh. To be fair, this is a somewhat new thing she's tried to institute but I just feel like a selfish jerk for forgetting.

OMG, my dad totally used to wave to me when he went to work. He'd wave when he pulled out of the driveway, but there was this street he had to go up to leave the neighbourhood that I could kind of see from my house even though it was a few houses away and he would wave as he drove past. It was a huge deal to me. Huge. And I thought my dad was so nice and cool for waving.

(I'm not saying you're bad mama for forgetting, I just totally understand how wee Dahlia feels. It's something I remember very clearly from when I was pretty little.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm actually kind of excited to cut Inez's hair into more of a style eventually. It's really long in the back but shorter on the sides and in front, so it gets a little mulletish sometimes. We do a lot of ponytails. But if I had a kid with hair like Leela's I would never want to cut it! Her hair is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bap wrote:
Does anyone else get super emotional thinking about giving their kids a haircut? Henry's hair is pretty long, especially in the back, but I get a little teary eyed when I think about giving it a trim.

The first haircut is always the hardest for me (I like the funny odd-lengths my kids get).
Both my boys had such long hair they were always mistaken for girls -- especially Beetroot, who old ladies loved, "your daughter is SO beautiful!" Finally, my husband begged me to cut their hair because he didn't like feeling awkward whenever people told him he had such lovely daughters. I didn't mind cutting Raygold's hair, but Beetroot's curls were so lovely....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:01 am 

Ha, Freya has this widow's peak thang going on, and one day, K tried to convince me to cut the end because it might be in her eyes. I explained that this is why I sweep it to the side and that we were *not* cutting her hair yet. Months and months this child was bald and now you're gonna cut her hair? I don't think so.

And seriously (and keep in mind that babies have been my profession fo nearly 20 years), Leela has the most beautiful baby hair I've ever seen. If she has that hair as an adult, she will be the envy of many.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

torque wrote:
how is this possible?? if you had a baby before, i can't believe you'd feel movement and just be like "oh, gas". I felt fetal movement from REALLY EARLY, and as vegans, we all KNOW from gas, amirite?

However, amazement aside, I am glad your friend is all right.

Ohhhhhh she's definitely not my friend. She's the outcast sister of my brother's long term gf (I call my my SIL since she nearly is). The more info that comes out is basically that she wanted another baby and her (long term) bf did not, so she pretended not to know about it. And conveniently is as far along as her sister is.

She convinced her bf and his parents (who they live with) that she just felt a little "off" and then had her mom (who apparently knew about it) to take her to the hospital. I can't even make this crepe up. So Panama City, Y'all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Wow, Kelly. I am enjoying this story way too much! This beats the pants off my sister's 'accidental' pregnancy. ('Accidental' with quotey fingers because after visiting me when Beetroot was 9 months old, she got even more baby crazy (Beetroot is pretty cute, after all), went off the pill, and then had unprotected sex. Everybody (except me), including her husband, bought into the "wow, I didn't see that coming,"-thing.)

In other news, Beet's had his first real taste of fear. The Jared app. Jared's hilariously shiitakey rendition of "Luna de Xelajú" has never scared a child so much. Raygold's review was, "I not like this song, Crabby," but Beet started shaking, curled up into a ball, and started sobbing. He got so upset, he turned my computer off and unplugged it! I've never seen him like that before. Then he was really laid back and quiet for a long time.
http://www.freeverse.com/iphone-os/product/?id=7016
...And now, when he steps out of line, I can just start singing "Luna de Xelajú" as a punishment. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will's party is today and I am so excited! I feel like a kid myself!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 am 

Yay kdub (and Will and Mr. Kdub)! Have fun! Damn these babies are growing up fast!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am 
Married to the wolfman

Awwww. I hope the party is great!

E's had 2 haircuts, and I think I got teary about both. The thing with him is that I'm sure at some point, he'll want to try out short hair. And that's fine, but I love his long beautiful sorta curly ragamuffin hair and I figure we'll enjoy it until he asks for something else.

M is nowhere near having enough hair for a haircut!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm 
Semen Strong

Her hair is kind of getting ridiculous. That's a double pony.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Her hair is amazing. And gorgeous!

Beetroot was a wee baldy for ages:

P.S. Beetroot just told me the man (Mr T) in my avatar is "Dad, when he was a little boy."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Leela's hair is amazing! This is Henry right now:
He gets mistaken for a girl a lot, between his hair and his big blue eyes, he's a really pretty guy!

Happy birthday party Will and kdub!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, I love his hair! That is exactly the kind of baby hair I refuse to cut!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm 
Semen Strong

Its amazing how much baby Beetie looks like Beetie now! Too cute! And awww! Henry's cheeks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:28 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Wow, Kelly. I am enjoying this story way too much! This beats the pants off my sister's 'accidental' pregnancy. ('Accidental' with quotey fingers because after visiting me when Beetroot was 9 months old, she got even more baby crazy (Beetroot is pretty cute, after all), went off the pill, and then had unprotected sex. Everybody (except me), including her husband, bought into the "wow, I didn't see that coming,"-thing.)

In other news, Beet's had his first real taste of fear. The Jared app. Jared's hilariously shiitakey rendition of "Luna de Xelajú" has never scared a child so much. Raygold's review was, "I not like this song, Crabby," but Beet started shaking, curled up into a ball, and started sobbing. He got so upset, he turned my computer off and unplugged it! I've never seen him like that before. Then he was really laid back and quiet for a long time.
http://www.freeverse.com/iphone-os/product/?id=7016
...And now, when he steps out of line, I can just start singing "Luna de Xelajú" as a punishment. ;D

I found it! Oh wow, poor Beety!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 am 
Married to the wolfman

bap wrote:
He gets mistaken for a girl a lot, between his hair and his big blue eyes, he's a really pretty guy!

His hair is the most amazingly color. And so fluffy!

Here's E when he was younger (2 months younger!) than M. Look at all that hair!

And M now:

I'm really anxious for M's hair to get longer because it's hard to say what color it is right now other than somewhere on the brown spectrum.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 am 

God, I miss the tub that was Emperor Babykins. Look at that arm!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 97  Next