| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vijita wrote:
Invictus wrote:
The only downside is that people always ask why I'm so dressed up. A skirt and a tank top and flip flops is not fancy!

I know! I almost always wear dresses with tights or leggies because they are the most comfortable, and people think I'm always dressing up. I ALWAYS buy dresses that give me room in the belly (for eating!), and jeans just don't offer that option. But a bonus is that I don't really have to wear make-up or do my hair to look appropriate for work, because I am so "dressed-up" all the time. Ha. If they only knew that I spend about 8 minutes getting ready in the morning.

In the summer I wear dresses almost exclusively. I just can't seem to make them work in the winter.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That was such a surprise when I started adjusting my wardrobe. I had always assumed dresses/skirts were time consuming, I guess because I also thought people wearing them were dressed up. It take me under 5 minutes to dress, though I don't wear make up and I just brush my hair.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My boyfriend always used to be like, "We are going to this not-so-fancy place, you know you could wear jeans if you want." But I always feel dumb and dorky in jeans. Plus, dresses are so much easier than pants and usually more comfortable too. Maybe I just have really uncomfortable pants.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

When I gained weight, I couldn't wear my trousers anymore, but I could still wear my skirts (well, most of them, because they had elastic waists). So I pretty much never wear trousers to work. I only wear jeans on casual Fridays (once a month). But I still wear jeans on the weekend. I feel uncomfortable in dress trousers now. Even if they fit (which is rare because I have a really hard time finding trousers that fit), I always feel like I'm rocking a camel toe.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yes! I feel like the camel toe thing happens to me too. Besides the cut (the inseam never seems right for me) dress pants always seem to be made out of the type of material that shows everything. I don't want to wear thongs. I want to wear my granny pantaloons and not have everyone see exactly where they are because of my clingy dress pants.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

I confess that I would live in jeans if I could. I hate all pants that aren't jeans from a comfort standpoint, and I've never really figured out how to make skirts or dresses work for me in a not-dressed-up kind of way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

mendelian wrote:
acr wrote:
i confess that i want to buy about a dozen of these onesie/pj/jumpsuit things and just give up on society and all of its terrible, restrictive, non-fleecy norms.

I confess that I want an all-weather onesie.

I confess that I don't think I've ever wanted a garment quite as much as I want one of these.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

bathsheba wrote:
Yes! I feel like the camel toe thing happens to me too. Besides the cut (the inseam never seems right for me) dress pants always seem to be made out of the type of material that shows everything. I don't want to wear thongs. I want to wear my granny pantaloons and not have everyone see exactly where they are because of my clingy dress pants.

Haha, seriously, no thongs for me either! I have been having a serious problem finding skirts these days, unfortunately. I have plenty of dresses, but most of them are summery. And I got a couple pairs of boots and I just want to wear skirts + tights + boots every day. But no dice, since no skirts exist that I like. Also, what do you wear with skirts? I want to just wear my plain old vneck tshirts with them, since that's what I wear with jeans, but I feel like that's no good either.

Maybe my confession is that I am mostly fashion inept?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 pm 

I usually do t-shirts and cardigans with skirts, occasionally a pullover sweater.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kilgore trout wrote:
I usually do t-shirts and cardigans with skirts, occasionally a pullover sweater.

I like this look, but I feel like maybe the boots I got are a teensy bit too dressy for tshirts. I guess I just need to go find some skirts and then also find some tops.

Oh, but first I need to find some money.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Dudes, how do you handle tucked in shirts? I look like the hugest dork with a tucked in shirt, even dress shirts. Other people look so neat and professional and I look ridiculous.

I'm so in for an all weather onesie!

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I never tuck anything in except my uniform shirt, and I look goofy in that anyways so I just roll with it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

no tucking ever. ever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah I think it's just a body shape thing. Some people look awesome with a tucked-in shirt (*bats eyes*), and look really bad with an un-tucked shirt! (It seems weird to me actually, I can't quite figure it out, but yeah, untucked looks kinda bad on me!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

my partner has a "stocky" build (ie shortish and wide chested, and let's face it, a little chunky around the middle as he gets closer to 40) and he looks silly with a tucked in shirt. it's a shame, since i like dress shirts on guys.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

It depends what you're tucking, too. Something tucked into a high-waisted skirt looks awesome on me because I have an hourglass figure. Something tucked into a normal or low rise waist looks frumpy and awful.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

monkeytoes wrote:
AlwaysHungry wrote:
I just ate natchos for breakfast.

I have been doing that way too much lately. It started with a Christmas morning indulgence and became a semi-regular occurence.

oh man, not nachos, but my house is deep in this... we started drinking booze in our coffee and having chocolate cake in a mug around christmas for fun holiday treat times, and now... it's like a few times a week. not good!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

j-dub wrote:
It depends what you're tucking, too. Something tucked into a high-waisted skirt looks awesome on me because I have an hourglass figure. Something tucked into a normal or low rise waist looks frumpy and awful.

oh yeah, that too. i have no waist (and no boobs), hence most tucked in things make me look like a telephone pole instead of my normally willowly and awesome self.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That's funny. I've got a waist and lots of boobs but I still look like crepe with stuff tucked in because I'm so short waisted that it looks like I have no abdomen between boobs and hips if I do. I think not-tucking in is more forgiving on a lot of different body types than tucking in is.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Moon wrote:
vijita wrote:
Invictus wrote:
The only downside is that people always ask why I'm so dressed up. A skirt and a tank top and flip flops is not fancy!

I know! I almost always wear dresses with tights or leggies because they are the most comfortable, and people think I'm always dressing up. I ALWAYS buy dresses that give me room in the belly (for eating!), and jeans just don't offer that option. But a bonus is that I don't really have to wear make-up or do my hair to look appropriate for work, because I am so "dressed-up" all the time. Ha. If they only knew that I spend about 8 minutes getting ready in the morning.

In the summer I wear dresses almost exclusively. I just can't seem to make them work in the winter.

I wear short cotton dresses over old second-hand jeans. All. The. Time. If my husband ever leaves me, it will be over this wardrobe choice.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am 

j-dub wrote:

Yeah, this, except I lack hips/a butt, so tucked in things with low waistlines is really unflattering. High-waisted, a-line skirt? Tucking in looks pretty good. Pants or pretty much anything with a waistline below my navel? Hell no.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

AlwaysHungry wrote:
Moon wrote:
vijita wrote:

I wear short cotton dresses over old second-hand jeans. All. The. Time. If my husband ever leaves me, it will be over this wardrobe choice.

i'll take you in if that happens, because that's been my uniform for years. i finally bought some leggings this winter, so i'm getting it together a little, but dresses over jeans just feels so right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 am 
And you never will.

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who wears dresses over jeans. Whew.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Another one here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I have a confession. My mom went out of town last night and I slept in her bed. With both dogs. Those dogs aren't even allowed in her room, if she knew they slept in her bed she would shiitake bricks.

I thought about posting that as a reason I don't ever want to have kids.

Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next