| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 2999
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
vijita wrote:
Invictus wrote:
The only downside is that people always ask why I'm so dressed up. A skirt and a tank top and flip flops is not fancy!

I know! I almost always wear dresses with tights or leggies because they are the most comfortable, and people think I'm always dressing up. I ALWAYS buy dresses that give me room in the belly (for eating!), and jeans just don't offer that option. But a bonus is that I don't really have to wear make-up or do my hair to look appropriate for work, because I am so "dressed-up" all the time. Ha. If they only knew that I spend about 8 minutes getting ready in the morning.


In the summer I wear dresses almost exclusively. I just can't seem to make them work in the winter.

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2739
That was such a surprise when I started adjusting my wardrobe. I had always assumed dresses/skirts were time consuming, I guess because I also thought people wearing them were dressed up. It take me under 5 minutes to dress, though I don't wear make up and I just brush my hair.

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Chicago
My boyfriend always used to be like, "We are going to this not-so-fancy place, you know you could wear jeans if you want." But I always feel dumb and dorky in jeans. Plus, dresses are so much easier than pants and usually more comfortable too. Maybe I just have really uncomfortable pants.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3712
Location: Edinburgh
When I gained weight, I couldn't wear my trousers anymore, but I could still wear my skirts (well, most of them, because they had elastic waists). So I pretty much never wear trousers to work. I only wear jeans on casual Fridays (once a month). But I still wear jeans on the weekend. I feel uncomfortable in dress trousers now. Even if they fit (which is rare because I have a really hard time finding trousers that fit), I always feel like I'm rocking a camel toe.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: Chicago
Yes! I feel like the camel toe thing happens to me too. Besides the cut (the inseam never seems right for me) dress pants always seem to be made out of the type of material that shows everything. I don't want to wear thongs. I want to wear my granny pantaloons and not have everyone see exactly where they are because of my clingy dress pants.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm 
Dead by dawn
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7432
Location: Seattle
I confess that I would live in jeans if I could. I hate all pants that aren't jeans from a comfort standpoint, and I've never really figured out how to make skirts or dresses work for me in a not-dressed-up kind of way.

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
mendelian wrote:
acr wrote:
i confess that i want to buy about a dozen of these onesie/pj/jumpsuit things and just give up on society and all of its terrible, restrictive, non-fleecy norms.


I confess that I want an all-weather onesie.

Image

I confess that I don't think I've ever wanted a garment quite as much as I want one of these.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
bathsheba wrote:
Yes! I feel like the camel toe thing happens to me too. Besides the cut (the inseam never seems right for me) dress pants always seem to be made out of the type of material that shows everything. I don't want to wear thongs. I want to wear my granny pantaloons and not have everyone see exactly where they are because of my clingy dress pants.


Haha, seriously, no thongs for me either! I have been having a serious problem finding skirts these days, unfortunately. I have plenty of dresses, but most of them are summery. And I got a couple pairs of boots and I just want to wear skirts + tights + boots every day. But no dice, since no skirts exist that I like. Also, what do you wear with skirts? I want to just wear my plain old vneck tshirts with them, since that's what I wear with jeans, but I feel like that's no good either.

Maybe my confession is that I am mostly fashion inept?

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
I usually do t-shirts and cardigans with skirts, occasionally a pullover sweater.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: WV
kilgore trout wrote:
I usually do t-shirts and cardigans with skirts, occasionally a pullover sweater.


I like this look, but I feel like maybe the boots I got are a teensy bit too dressy for tshirts. I guess I just need to go find some skirts and then also find some tops.

Oh, but first I need to find some money.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:55 pm
Posts: 2999
Location: The land of maple syrup and beavers.
Dudes, how do you handle tucked in shirts? I look like the hugest dork with a tucked in shirt, even dress shirts. Other people look so neat and professional and I look ridiculous.


I'm so in for an all weather onesie!

_________________
"I'm so scared of eventually succumbing to saggy butt that I'm going to sacrifice my dog this evening. Anyone for some German Shepherd Pie?" - daisychain

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Posts: 2739
I never tuck anything in except my uniform shirt, and I look goofy in that anyways so I just roll with it

_________________
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
no tucking ever. ever.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:23 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 6754
Location: Portland, OR
Yeah I think it's just a body shape thing. Some people look awesome with a tucked-in shirt (*bats eyes*), and look really bad with an un-tucked shirt! (It seems weird to me actually, I can't quite figure it out, but yeah, untucked looks kinda bad on me!)

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
my partner has a "stocky" build (ie shortish and wide chested, and let's face it, a little chunky around the middle as he gets closer to 40) and he looks silly with a tucked in shirt. it's a shame, since i like dress shirts on guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3506
Location: Toronto
It depends what you're tucking, too. Something tucked into a high-waisted skirt looks awesome on me because I have an hourglass figure. Something tucked into a normal or low rise waist looks frumpy and awful.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
monkeytoes wrote:
AlwaysHungry wrote:
I just ate natchos for breakfast.

I have been doing that way too much lately. It started with a Christmas morning indulgence and became a semi-regular occurence.



oh man, not nachos, but my house is deep in this... we started drinking booze in our coffee and having chocolate cake in a mug around christmas for fun holiday treat times, and now... it's like a few times a week. not good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm
Posts: 1324
Location: Montreal
j-dub wrote:
It depends what you're tucking, too. Something tucked into a high-waisted skirt looks awesome on me because I have an hourglass figure. Something tucked into a normal or low rise waist looks frumpy and awful.


oh yeah, that too. i have no waist (and no boobs), hence most tucked in things make me look like a telephone pole instead of my normally willowly and awesome self.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Posts: 2855
Location: The Bene
That's funny. I've got a waist and lots of boobs but I still look like crepe with stuff tucked in because I'm so short waisted that it looks like I have no abdomen between boobs and hips if I do. I think not-tucking in is more forgiving on a lot of different body types than tucking in is.

_________________
Ain't no guarantees in life, and nothing that comes out of my vagina can change that. - Erika Soyf*cker

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:23 am 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:49 am
Posts: 511
Moon wrote:
vijita wrote:
Invictus wrote:
The only downside is that people always ask why I'm so dressed up. A skirt and a tank top and flip flops is not fancy!

I know! I almost always wear dresses with tights or leggies because they are the most comfortable, and people think I'm always dressing up. I ALWAYS buy dresses that give me room in the belly (for eating!), and jeans just don't offer that option. But a bonus is that I don't really have to wear make-up or do my hair to look appropriate for work, because I am so "dressed-up" all the time. Ha. If they only knew that I spend about 8 minutes getting ready in the morning.


In the summer I wear dresses almost exclusively. I just can't seem to make them work in the winter.

I wear short cotton dresses over old second-hand jeans. All. The. Time. If my husband ever leaves me, it will be over this wardrobe choice.

_________________
Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
j-dub wrote:
It depends what you're tucking, too. Something tucked into a high-waisted skirt looks awesome on me because I have an hourglass figure. Something tucked into a normal or low rise waist looks frumpy and awful.

Yeah, this, except I lack hips/a butt, so tucked in things with low waistlines is really unflattering. High-waisted, a-line skirt? Tucking in looks pretty good. Pants or pretty much anything with a waistline below my navel? Hell no.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3024
Location: BKLN
AlwaysHungry wrote:
Moon wrote:
vijita wrote:
I know! I almost always wear dresses with tights or leggies because they are the most comfortable, and people think I'm always dressing up. I ALWAYS buy dresses that give me room in the belly (for eating!), and jeans just don't offer that option. But a bonus is that I don't really have to wear make-up or do my hair to look appropriate for work, because I am so "dressed-up" all the time. Ha. If they only knew that I spend about 8 minutes getting ready in the morning.


In the summer I wear dresses almost exclusively. I just can't seem to make them work in the winter.

I wear short cotton dresses over old second-hand jeans. All. The. Time. If my husband ever leaves me, it will be over this wardrobe choice.

i'll take you in if that happens, because that's been my uniform for years. i finally bought some leggings this winter, so i'm getting it together a little, but dresses over jeans just feels so right.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:35 am 
And you never will.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 3968
Location: Meh-phis
I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who wears dresses over jeans. Whew.

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 am 
Not NOT A Furry
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm
Posts: 466
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Another one here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The confessional
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5311
Location: BRLA
I have a confession. My mom went out of town last night and I slept in her bed. With both dogs. Those dogs aren't even allowed in her room, if she knew they slept in her bed she would shiitake bricks.

I thought about posting that as a reason I don't ever want to have kids.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fisticuffs, Gulliver and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer