| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 590  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the best thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Had an awesome, awesome weekend with the mr. After our chat last weekend, he has been so much better about communicating and being there for me. We went out Fri and Sat and had an awesome Vietnamese lunch on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

linanil wrote:
I think I found a form of exercise that I can really love in addition to my weight training. I got a trampoline yesterday! (small one).

Do they make a lot noise on the floor? I hate running and so does my bod, so I'm always looking for things to do that can replace that...and also stay in my apartment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Since I dumped on the “worst thing about your day” thread I figured I would balance things out over here. since we are having a kid in May my husband and I thought maybe we should be all responsible and shiitake and finally get life insurance. So far just my husband is doing it since they make you do a physical type health exam and your height and weight is taken into consideration and right now im pregnant soooo…….yeah.
So anywho when we were going through applying the agent told my husband very few people make it into the super top best rate category. We just found out this morning my husband made it into the the esteemed “best rate” category! Woo-hoo! He is all super healthy and shiitake! He’s 6’5 and weighs 160 lbs sopping wet and is the most laidback person on the face of the planet (ie no high blood pressure or stress here). he also eats predominately vegan or lacto-ovo veg (though he still eats chicken at lunch during the work day I think). Woo-hoo! Yay for life insurance! I told him he cant die now though
:-(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

LisaPunk wrote:
Since I dumped on the “worst thing about your day” thread I figured I would balance things out over here. since we are having a kid in May my husband and I thought maybe we should be all responsible and shiitake and finally get life insurance. So far just my husband is doing it since they make you do a physical type health exam and your height and weight is taken into consideration and right now im pregnant soooo…….yeah.
So anywho when we were going through applying the agent told my husband very few people make it into the super top best rate category. We just found out this morning my husband made it into the the esteemed “best rate” category! Woo-hoo! He is all super healthy and shiitake! He’s 6’5 and weighs 160 lbs sopping wet and is the most laidback person on the face of the planet (ie no high blood pressure or stress here). he also eats predominately vegan or lacto-ovo veg (though he still eats chicken at lunch during the work day I think). Woo-hoo! Yay for life insurance! I told him he cant die now though

They...did his exam while he was sopping wet?? :)
Yay, glad he is so healthy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm 
Nailed to the V

Best thing: borrowing cd's from the library. Decemberists, get on my computer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

choirqueer wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:

They...did his exam while he was sopping wet?? :)
Yay, glad he is so healthy!

ahhhahahahahahahaaa

touche ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Wet tshirt pic to prove it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm home in San Diego staying with my sister and hanging out with my favorite cats in the world, eating a lot of food and practicing piano, which I only get to do a few times a year when I visit. If my husband was here everything would be perfect, but this is pretty darn good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I called out of work and didn't go to class today because I have a tendency to just try to power through it when I'm sick, which is what I'd been doing for about a week and a half. But then I had a fever last night and my mom told me I was being stupid (only using mom-words, so a little nicer). I've spent most of the day in bed and, woah, like magic, I feel human again! Hooray!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:25 pm 

Got a rando call from my guy tonight. He always texts & hates to talk on the phone, so it was such a nice surprise. Totally made my night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 pm 

Texting the girl I've been seeing who is currently out of town about how one of my cats is going to be a country star and the other will be her manager.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

strawberryrock wrote:
Texting the girl I've been seeing who is currently out of town about how one of my cats is going to be a country star and the other will be her manager.

If/when that happens, seeing a video of your country star cat would be the best thing about my day.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

She's got a lot of heart, and the face of an angel! America's sure to fall in love.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:40 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Okay folks. After a lot of confusion and panic--and a realization that the landlady is pretty scattered--the place is mine! She will have the boiler dealt with before I move in. Hurray, thank god, only a week and a half left in this tense, tense house.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Work hired me as a regualar non-contracting employee and today I found out that they gave me a very crazy big raise. plus profit sharing and benefits. wow....

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 am 
Seagull of the PPK

this is the best thing about my day, my week and potentially the entire most recent papal potentate.

rhelune wrote:
Tim Minchin - The Pope Song

Spoiler: show

NSFW or delicate ears

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

That music video is hilarious! Thanks for reposting!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yesterday: reassuring pre-race briefing with my coach. Let the carbo-loading begin!

Today: last work day before vacation. I suspect the best thing about my day will be 5:00. And carbo-loading. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I made the first money for my business today. I am floating, I am so happy.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:51 pm 

kfad wrote:
I made the first money for my business today. I am floating, I am so happy.

YAY!!! I told you it would be awesome :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Just replaced the keyboard on my laptop without help! this one came with happy maraca keys!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 pm 

electric_claire wrote:
strawberryrock wrote:

If/when that happens, seeing a video of your country star cat would be the best thing about my day.

I just really want to see a picture of a cat in a curly blonde Dolly Parton wig. With a cowboy hat and a guitar. Lots of rhinestones.

SoS--that's SUCH a great feeling--you should celebrate!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:28 pm 
ugh

My coworker made some vegan cookies for herself but didn't like them (being pregnant has made some things taste weird to her). So she gave me all the cookies! AND I have a cold, which sucks, but it means none of my other coworkers want to share in the cookie bounty and risk getting sick. I ate every last one myself.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 pm 
Impressive boner

Mr8 and I took a coach to London to see Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. The show was great, she was adorable and everyone enjoyed it. I got a tour tshirt, stickers and badges and we ate at Veg Bhelpoor on Chapel Market. Pootling our way home on National Express now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:33 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

8ball wrote:
Mr8 and I took a coach to London to see Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. The show was great, she was adorable and everyone enjoyed it. I got a tour tshirt, stickers and badges and we ate at Veg Bhelpoor on Chapel Market. Pootling our way home on National Express now.

if i told my daughter this she would squeal so loud that my eardrums would likely rupture, so i know this is a Big Deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 590  Next