| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306 ... 1843  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

mollyjade wrote:
"The shipment you were invoiced for will arrive on February 22. Happy Valentine's Day!"

It just seems so funny to tack Happy Valentine's Day onto standard work emails.

my production manager e-mailed me an article at 4:00 this afternoon that i need to have edited by tomorrow and included "HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY" in bold letters in the subject line of the e-mail. if i'd had valentine's day plans, i'd have been ripshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just went over to my partner to give him a kiss and as I leaned in, our cat Bailey, who was on his lap, let out a protesting "Meow!". I'm thinking that meow meant, "Get gone bisque! He's MY valentine!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My valentines day was spent defying the snow to pick up a bunch of stuff I had forgotten at school earlier this week, leaving me with no time to eat before derby practice, so I had cornflakes for dinner. Then at derby practice, I kicked myself in the shin with my skate and it's a bump the size of a pigeon egg.

This screams romance, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

PSA: Look up when walking in unfamiliar places. I was in a building where both restrooms and stairs are down hallways to the left. I turn to go to stairs, end up in ladies' bathroom. IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

My sister's boyfriend lives out of town and hasn't been in town for a year. After a whole year of "I'm coming in today to see you....oh wait no I'm not" he came in today to break up with her on Valentine's :( She's being quiet and I have to go to bed but I wish I could do something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I got a series of disturbing texts from a very good friend. I think her daughter is in an abusive relationship. Still waiting for some answers.
But this sucks.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 am 
Not NOT A Furry

i dyed my hair brown because i thought it would make me look mysterious!! we shall see...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 am 
WELFARIST!

I hate to add to the sad party but I got solid confirmation that the guy I really liked and who has been strongly flirting with me and asking me to do things with him and have been developing something with is still dating his girlfriend. He's been lying straight to me this whole time, lied to me today and is continuing to flirt with me and try to do things with me. I can't even begin to describe how I feel inside right now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:51 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Yuck. I'm sorry Mr Shankly. It may not feel like it right now, but you are so much better off knowing this. What a crasshole.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I had physical therapy yesterday and my therapist was constantly blabbing about Valentine's day and I just wanted to slap him. It's just a day like any other, dude.

rachell37 wrote:
I'm not feeling great about a lot of things right now. I just did a search of mental health services in Scotland, and most of what came up was how to improve rather than actual mental health services. It made me realise that, while the NHS is far superior than healthcare provision in the US (at least in my experience) in general, accessing mental health services is about the same. Also, it's a little ridiculous that you have to get a GP referral for mental health services, since I'm a better judge of the status of my mental health than someone who sees me for 10 minutes once every few months (especially since I feel like my GP blew me off the last time I mentioned an issue).

I'm sorry. I hope you get a referral!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 am 
Ninja Master

Shy Mox wrote:
My sister's boyfriend lives out of town and hasn't been in town for a year. After a whole year of "I'm coming in today to see you....oh wait no I'm not" he came in today to break up with her on Valentine's :( She's being quiet and I have to go to bed but I wish I could do something.

ugh what a douche!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:13 am 
Chard Martyr

rachell37 wrote:
I'm not feeling great about a lot of things right now. I just did a search of mental health services in Scotland, and most of what came up was how to improve rather than actual mental health services. It made me realise that, while the NHS is far superior than healthcare provision in the US (at least in my experience) in general, accessing mental health services is about the same. Also, it's a little ridiculous that you have to get a GP referral for mental health services, since I'm a better judge of the status of my mental health than someone who sees me for 10 minutes once every few months (especially since I feel like my GP blew me off the last time I mentioned an issue).
Agreed. Sorry you're having a rough time, Rachell. In my experience, if you can pay for mental health services out of pocket (!!expensive!!) you'll get care nearly immediately. However, if you need to wait on a referral for a clinic, even with a "hey, this person needs to get in NOW" referral from your GP, it still takes an inordinate amount of time. I think there is a time frame they need to do it by, legally, but it's still weeks or something.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:16 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Thanks for the happy folks! After so many years in an abusive relationship I'm not quite sure what to do with myself with this lovely one! I'm making the most of every moment. My health is pretty bad atm and this lovely man is being so unbelievably kind and selfless, he really is a star <3

Heeeeeee monkeytoes, it's great to see bikerboy's family know he's onto a good thing with you! <3!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We put in a bid on the house we want! It's a closed bid system, and they take the highest one, unless they're all too low. The house is significantly underpriced, and we bid over the list price. It's a foreclosure, and apparently sometimes they don't send people out to take new photos and stuff, so they ended up listing the house as almost half the amount of square footage it actually is, because they didn't count the basement (it's heated and over half of it is finished). Can't wait to get away from roommate! We had a frustrating situation last night that I'm still feeling grumpy about this morning. We should find out on Monday. Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Good luck creep! Shy Mox, that majorly blows. Mr. Shankly, that also majorly blows.

On my end, I'm wishing I could unsend an email that I sent last night. WHY is not an 'unsend' button (for emails AND texts!) for the moment after you hit 'send' and then realize maybe you shouldn't have? Oh, right, real life consequences, but still. Just occasionally, I would like a do-over.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks for the support, folks. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'm not feeling super terrible but I'd like to do something about it sooner rather than later.

We had pizza for dinner last night. It was great. But I ordered medium instead of small pies and we both ate a whole pie. Probably not the best move.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've just had a second "I don't have time for your nonsense" moment with someone. I've been trying to meet up with someone who I used to be friends with, but gave up on for his relentless buttoholery. He just doesn't understand that to maintain a friendship, you sometimes need to be nice to people.

Some people are just born to be buttholes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

I was absolutely shocked to read that Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius has been charged in his girlfriend's murder. What?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 pm 
WELFARIST!

Super exciting creep! Fingers crossed for you! Hugs to everyone else having rough times. <3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

allularpunk wrote:
Good luck creep! Shy Mox, that majorly blows. Mr. Shankly, that also majorly blows.

On my end, I'm wishing I could unsend an email that I sent last night. WHY is not an 'unsend' button (for emails AND texts!) for the moment after you hit 'send' and then realize maybe you shouldn't have? Oh, right, real life consequences, but still. Just occasionally, I would like a do-over.

Back when I had really crappy cell phone service all the time I used to be able to delete texts while they were still sending, since it took like 30 seconds most of the time. I took advantage of that more times than I would like to admit.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

seitanicverses wrote:
I was absolutely shocked to read that Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius has been charged in his girlfriend's murder. What?

There's been a bit of discussion about this in the feminism thread. It's a shitty situation made shittier by other people being dicks.

I'm so hungry. I need to get off my asparagus and start dinner before I eat all the caramels.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kilgore trout wrote:

Once upon a time, gmail labs let you install that feature (by artificially delaying the sending? not sure). If you have gmail, you might see if you can still use it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lutin wrote:
kilgore trout wrote:

Once upon a time, gmail labs let you install that feature (by artificially delaying the sending? not sure). If you have gmail, you might see if you can still use it.

It's still available in google labs! I set it up for my work email, just in case!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm 
WELFARIST!

rachell37 wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

There's been a bit of discussion about this in the feminism thread. It's a shitty situation made shittier by other people being dicks.

The story is so upsetting. And I read that there have been previous domestic type police calls to their home in previous months.

In other news, Kizzy is meowling mad because I don't have time to snuggle with him today. He actually gets cranky and yowls at me for not snugglin'. And he won't stop. Arggggh! I'm trying to work here! I'm remiss! Snuggle points not taken!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm 
Chard Martyr

I can't hang curtains and I forked my wall up trying to. forking stupid ughhhhhhh so annoyed. Going for a run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46069 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1300, 1301, 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1306 ... 1843  Next