| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Mom won't let me use food stamps
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Well, things are almost back to normal here. Unfortunately my ride never showed up- we were supposed to go to the SNAP office- and I got a call back from a worker I called. She says I cannot get my own food stamps because I live at home and am under 22. So while things are okay for now with mom, it could change. I would still like to ask someone in person. The woman who called me was kind of rude and short with me and I am hearing lots of conflicting things.

daisy- I never thought of something like that. It would probably be a lot better just to find some way to get out before things blow up again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

That's good that things are nearly back to normal.

It's always good to have a "just incase" plan because if something does ever happen then it won't be as hard to deal with if you know you have options.

I had to leave home one day after things really blew up. Because I had it rehearsed in my head so many times exactly what I needed to do, who to call and where to go that I didn't have to think while it was all happening. I just locked myself in my room, called the cops, threw some clothes, meds and passport in a bag, called a friend to meet me with her car around the corner and then boy did I run! The cops were taking too long to show for me to safely stay where I was. Then once I was out I was straight on the phone to put my emergency accommodation plans into action.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Wow, daisy, that sounds really intense! I do really need a plan, and I've been weighing some options lately. Right now, everything's like nothing ever happened. It's weird. So I feel super relieved right now but I have to keep reminding myself that that's no reason not to think about a just in case plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

It was but I needed them to do something extreme for me to actually get the balls to get out of there. If they hadn't I would have eventually left but had to stay in contact with them. For me it worked out best because I got to leave and never have anything to do with them again.