| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 70  Next
 Post subject: Re: bisque about your period
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

My anatomy must be such that tampons work SO much better than cups, even though I really want to use the diva cup because pre-IUD I loved it. Post-IUD forget it.

So my period this month is light and making me very suspicious. I'm waiting for the floodgates. I am extremely bloated and moody so there must be something nasty up my uterus' um...sleeve?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:10 am 
Impressive boner

My period had been weird this time. I had a migraine aura last Sunday, felt terrible all day on Monday, had edema to the knees on Thursday, and my menses smelled like rotten meat this morning. My Mooncup has been washed and boiled twice today but still smells off. I started to feel quite ill so called NHS Direct who sent a paramedic out to assess me for septic shock, but I'm ok it seems. I still feel very woozy, nauseous, weak and disoriented.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:35 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

8ball wrote:
My period had been weird this time. I had a migraine aura last Sunday, felt terrible all day on Monday, had edema to the knees on Thursday, and my menses smelled like rotten meat this morning. My Mooncup has been washed and boiled twice today but still smells off. I started to feel quite ill so called NHS Direct who sent a paramedic out to assess me for septic shock, but I'm ok it seems. I still feel very woozy, nauseous, weak and disoriented.

Oh wow, that sucks balls. I hope everything is ok and you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

8ball I hope things get better soon!!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

8ball, hope everything's ok and that you're feeling better soon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm 
Impressive boner

Thank! I feel fine today and am at a loss to explain yesterday. Oh well, if it happens again next month I'll be prepared.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm 
Chard Martyr

I'm glad you're okay, 8ball!

I'm back on the chocolate and I'm angry. Want this to come and go already.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So the beginning of last month I finally went off hormonal BC, because it was making me feel horrible most of the time and I was just so done feeling constantly on edge. I know it can take a while for your cycle to go back to normal when you stop, but I'm currently on day 35 and have been feeling crampy and moody for a few days with no period in site. I also have a fever, which I use to always get around my period (my PMS symptoms resemble the flu... it's awesome...), but I'm 90% sure that is because I'm starting to get sick. My boobs also aren't swollen and tender, which always happened 3-5 days before the start, so I'm pretty sure my fever is just from being sick. But feeling crampy all the time is getting on my nerves. Basically body, either give me my period or stop making me feel so shitty, ugh.

(I'm sure once I get my period and feel like something is trying to claw it's way out of my body I will be regretting say that.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Apparently my period is just going leak out of me as slowly as possible this month.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:17 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My period is about five days late. I finally have some "warning" cramps tonight. And some really bad stomach pain that may or may not be related. My back kind of hurts, too. Let's go, period. You should have started and finished by now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:35 am 
WELFARIST!

I don't have mine right now but I've noticed that for the last 2-3 months, during my period, I've been super tired and emotional. Years ago, before I went on birth control, I used have such horrible cramps and fatigue and I would faint and puke and all sorts of horrible stuff would happen. Then I went on birth control and it was awesome. I used the Ring, then Yaz. Because of an unethical and uncaring OBGYN, he wouldn't prescribe me my birth control anymore so now I've been without it for at least 3 years. I wasn't having as awful a time before but lately it just seems like I've been feeling so tired and emotional. Like my body feels defeated and my mind is all over the place. I don't like how it's been influencing me at work or in my personal life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:24 pm 

Okay, I definitely expected to wake up with my period today. Nope! Nothing. My body is being weird- usually I get my period within 25 days. This has been 32. Or 31. But still.

Maybe I've immaculately conceived?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

That's happened to me a few times. Usually my cycle is pretty regular (27-29 days) but once in a while it will come a few days late, or even more annoying, a few days early. This month it was 4 days early! Arrrrgh!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:16 pm 
WELFARIST!

I hate the anxiety of waiting for it to come, especially when your work uniform is khakis.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I know this is the thread for bisqueing about your period, but I am feeling kind of bisque-y that mine isn't here. Skipped a whole month. 2 negative tests, but still getting worried that they're false negatives. I just want a definitive answer to WTH is going on with my reproductive system, dammit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Nicole, do you have health insurance or can you get to a PP so they can run a blood test? I've never just skipped one so I would definitely want to check for sure that I wasn't pregnant.

My period is the same 95% of the time, and then every now and then i'll get one with no cramps, or mind blowing cramps, or it's a week late. My flow has been consistent for pretty much my whole life (there was a period [pun intended] where it would seemingly stop for a day and then i'd get another day or two of really light flow), it's cramps, unleash the monsoon for a day, a normal day, a light day, and then an even lighter day. So this light day, light day, medium day, who knows what today will bring, is weirding me out.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:25 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Mr. Shankly wrote:
I hate the anxiety of waiting for it to come, especially when your work uniform is khakis.

Last cycle mine was about 30 hours late (I'm on the pill, so it always come on Mondays). By the time it was 24 hours late, I was crying in panic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:29 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mrsbadmouth wrote:
My flow has been consistent for pretty much my whole life (there was a period [pun intended] where it would seemingly stop for a day and then i'd get another day or two of really light flow), it's cramps, unleash the monsoon for a day, a normal day, a light day, and then an even lighter day. So this light day, light day, medium day, who knows what today will bring, is weirding me out.

The whole stop and restart thing sounds like what usually happens to me: First day medium, second day SO HEAVY, third day nothing, fourth and fifth (and maybe sixth, sigh) super-light. But for the last couple months it's been more consistent and moderate throughout. I have no idea why, but it doesn't really matter because I still get awful cramps.

One thing I will say: My cycle is different now than before I went on birth control pills. To be fair I was 18-ish when I went on them, so had only been having my period for a few years, but they were heavy and regular with no gaps in the middle. On bc I had a very light period (3 days of minimal flow). After going off in my early 20s, what I described above. It's been several years now since I ditched the pill, and somehow my flow has lightened up somewhat overall but the cramps are worse. I'm not too worried about it, because my cycle is pretty regular and it happens every single month, but I do wonder what causes these changes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 pm 

Uh, I had some serious cramps this morning- like "Okay, here comes your period at long last" cramps. Then they disappeared. And I still have no period! What gives? And it's kind of cheap to not have a period and still have the mood swings. Just sayin', body.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm 

Guess what finally decided to show up today! With extra cramps...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm 
WRETCHED

Worst headache ever, for 2 days.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

My period finally showed up Friday, and today is cramp city. Amazingly though, my cramps aren't nearly as bad as they have been the past few months on birth control. Now I'm really kicking myself in the asparagus for staying on it for so long, since apparently all it was doing was killing my sex drive and making me overly emotional.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My period came early. I've had severe cramps yesterday and today. Also, my depression got a lot worse. I hate being a woman.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Terrible cramps for nine days + a week long stretch of RAGE (probably partially induced by hormones and partially induced by the irritating feeling of being about to start gushing blood at any moment) and my period is finally here. I've only overflowed my cup once today! Maybe this isn't going to be a hell period like the last several! And maybe I can stop feeling angry about everything!

At this rate, I should have my period still for my birthday. Isn't that just the best?

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Overflowed my cup four times since 10 am today. It's 4:30 now. Is this what my period is going to be like forever now? Oy.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 70  Next