| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Do y'all ever have crazy hard Braxton Hicks contractions? I had a ton of BHs with my other pregnancies, but the ones I'm having this time around are much less frequent, but much more hardcore. They don't hurt, but damn! It feels like the baby is gonna come any minute when I am in the middle of them!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:12 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

congrats annarobbie! My regular Dr. office made everyone wear a face mask that had flu like symptoms when visiting the office a few weeks ago as a precaution, but during labor? that sounds awful.

TCC, I'm at 30 weeks now, so I assume I should be having Braxton Hicks contractions by now, but if I am, they apparently aren't strong enough for me to realize what they are.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm 
Inflexitarian

She tells me she was swabbed and does NOT have the flu, but yes it sounds like they treated her like she did have the flu because she said her nurse wore a mask too. The area is pretty hard hit with flu right now so maybe they are making everybody wear them, I'm not sure. I just recall feeling like I could never get quite enough oxygen there near the end of labor and would NEVER have wanted something on my face!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:38 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh yeah the flu. that sucks but it kinda makes sense. a hospital is like a big germ incubator :-/
our childbirth class instructor said the hospital where im giving birth has been on "lockdown" recently and no kids were allowed in the hospital AT ALL (as visitors) and the number of visitors people could have was limited. not sure if they made you wear masks or what.

at the same token we've been in the hospital a bunch of times for class and no one has said boo to us so i dunno how enforced it was. maybe when you go to see someone they are more strict.

that really sucks she had to wear one during labor especially after they determined she didnt have the flu. i cant imagine how distracting and annoying that mask must have been.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Man, they could have put a bag over my head during labour ore one of those black cloth things they put over your head if you are being kidnapped on a TV show and I could have cared less (I might have preferred it, actually, because when I am feeling vulnerable, I am all, "don't look at me! Go away!"), although I can totally understand why most ladies in labour would rather not have shiitake covering their face.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh man, yup, this is the 3rd trimester.
ive always been a late bloomer but i think some of those "3rd trimester things" are starting to happen to me.

first off baby is crazy moving around alot. not all the time but alot of the time. i dont know if i would call it kicking per se but it feels like she's doing flips ;-)

my stomach all of a sudden got bigger. im still not huge by any means since i havent bought any maternity clothes yet but for me i FEEL huge. after i eat anything my stomach gets huge. must be a spacial issue of where everything can go.

i ate two bowls of lentil soup for dinner then ate some chocolate chips and now i feel like i could be rolled down the hallway.
my stomach is so SOLID. i noticed randomly that i no longer have a waist. lol. i was overweight when i got pregnant so i didnt have any sort of amazing body but i did have a waist and i just noticed it's gone!! hahaha.

ive started to feel bleh again in terms of eating food. usually in the morning at work i feel just really bleh after i eat anything. i think part of it is i started drinking small amounts of coffee in the morning again (I LOVE COFFEE!!) but i think it's killing my stomach.

just starting today my ankles and feet have started to hurt for no good reason. i have been off my feet a lot since i have a desk job but my feet/ankles throb. they dont appears swollen yet but i think that's where im headed. i havent been walking a lot cause ive been so tired so my husband walks the dogs by himself in the morning. i know it would be really good for me to get out and do it but im so tired and im afraid of all the ice and snow and slipping and falling so usually i dont go.

my dr appts are on the 2 week sched now so i go back next week. trying to finish my birth plan so my dr can go over it before SHE leaves on maternity leave.

other than that all i have to say is pregnancy farts are inhuman. FOR REAL.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:06 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ooo...two week visits! Exciting LisaPunk! I start them after my next visit.

I had my follow up ultrasound yesterday so that they could see the spine. The baby was in a position where the tech still couldn't get the bottom of the spine. She literally moved the table so that I was almost upside down trying to move the baby. Then she did a transvaginal ultrasound to see if that would work. It didn't. Then more of me turning to one side, then the other, jiggling around my belly, moving me back all the way back again. Finalllllly the baby moved. Phew.

I'm starting to get really anxious about leaving Ada during labor. We still haven't left her with anyone (besides when's she's sleeping and that was only once) and I don't even know who is going to watch her. I think I'm more nervous about this than actually giving birth! My oldest brother would be a first choice but he lives 45min to an hour away and has three kids of his own. So logistically it might not work out where he or his wife could come over last minute and stay. Plus Ada doesn't see them that often so I'm not sure how she would react. My mom lives in the area but has never watched her. She always has some sort of health issue and I just don't know if she'll even be able to do it. But she seems like the best option right now (Ada is used to seeing her) so I think I need to start letting her watch Ada for small amounts of time pretty soon. But other than that...i have two friends with kids the same age in the neighborhood that I would trust to watch her. But one is due two weeks before me so that wouldn't work. The other mentioned once that she could always come over and watch her until someone else got here but who knows what time or day of the week we'll need someone to come over. As you can see, I am very stressed about this!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh my god, sashi. I can't believe you are already reaching the two week visit point! It seems like yesterday you were just announcing your pregnancy.

I think it sounds like a great idea to have a few trial visits with your mom and Ada alone to see how it goes. My mom is in poor health, too, and I worried about leaving babynut with her when we were visiting (and when she stayed with us so we could go to a wedding). Worse thing that happened: when we came back from the wedding my mom was sitting on the couch with babynut asleep on her lap. She had been sitting there for hours like that because she couldn't stand up from that position without using her arms to push her up. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that no harm was done even though it certainly wasn't perfect. Giving her a few times to work out those kinds of details may help.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:08 am 
Naked Under Apron

I need to get a photo of how huge I am because I would not have believed it myself if I hadn't seen my gigantic belly in the mirror before taking a shower last night. OMG, I am huge. And only 5.5 months! I swear, I was this big at 39 weeks when I had Raygold -- it's strange how different you can look depending on how low or high you are carrying.
I've had to go up a size in underwear because I'm carrying so low. Last time I was carrying really high (Raygold was like a third boob) -- but I still had to size up in underwear because I had a big fat asparagus! ;D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i swear BabyPunk is sitting right on top of my pubic bone. i feel movement really REALLY low. people keep saying "oh wait til you get an elbow in your ribcage!!" and im not sure that will be humanly possible, though my husband is really tall with really long limbs so i guess there's a possibility BabyPunk could have long enough limbs to jam a hand into my rib cage but from where i can feel movement she is no where near my ribs. an elbow to the bladder is more like it!
i know they say the baby "drops" at some point before you give birth but i dont know where she will drop too!!

although at my last u/s i had an anterior placenta so if that's still true (does it move around?) maybe that's why i can only feel stuff down super low. i dunno. it's all new to me!
i noticed today my jeans dont fit quite so well and when i bend over my asparagus comes out. time to upgrade. not sure if it's fat asparagus, big belly, or a combo :-O

TCC we need a photo update! :-D

Sashi! i dont have any advice for you but i can only imagine how stressed you are! im nervous about my dogs when we go to the hospital but we can obviously leave them alone for 8-9 hours at a time so not quite the same thing as a small child! i hope you find a good solution!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:09 am 
Naked Under Apron

LisaPunk wrote:
TCC we need a photo update! :-D

Okay, here I am this afternoon @25w2d -- much less bloated than the preggo photo I took yesterday, I don't know if it was just bloat or because I hadn't pooped or what, but I swear, I was loads bigger 24 hours ago. We went out on a day trip and I just felt like telling my husband to roll me down the sidewalk. Also, a recap of yesterday (my husband was, for the most part, unusually sympathetic and accommodating and didn't even get cranky when I was desperate enough to pay 30p to use the toilets at Central Station...twice) is pretty much this:
-- I'm going to the bathroom, I have to pee!
-- (5 minutes later) I have to pee again, be right back!
-- (10 minutes later) Oh, my god, I am so thirsty, give me that flask of green tea we were supposed to share, watch me drink it all, except for one sip that I'm saving for you.
-- (5, 10, and 15 minutes later) I HAVE TO PEE!!!

For reference, here I am pregnant with Raygold, also at about 25 weeks and wearing the same shirt. I weighed more when I was pregnant with Reggie (check out my fabulous booty!), but looked less pregnant because I carried SO much higher! If I look crabby in this photo, it's either because I was squinting from the sun or because I was about to hurl.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:20 am 
Semen Strong

You look gorgeous! And hahaha at the pee schedule!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

You look awesome! And I hear you on the peeing. Especially before bed. I must pee like ten times. Then I get up and try to go to the bedroom and then have to pee again. I think part of it is mental because I want to get it all out so that I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee (which I'd have to do regardless of how many times I go before bed. ha).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Cute bellyà 3rd trimester, here you come!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:05 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

AHHHH!!! i think you look great TCC!!!
i hear you on the "different size everyday" thing. somedays i feel like a huge bloated whale and the next day i dont look pregnant at all. who knows what's going on!

the pee thing cracked me up. i copied and pasted it in an email and sent to to my husband and i was like "ITS NOT JUST ME!"

if we are leaving to go somewhere i will pee like 5 mins before we leave adn then i get all anxious and right before we leave im like AHH LET ME PEE ONE MORE TIME!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

OH, THE PEEING. I'm so looking forward not having to emergency pee 1/2 an ounce at a time.

My due date was yesterday and I'm still pregnant, and now I understand why, at the end of pregnancy, women think they're going to be pregnant forever. seriously. Mamas who have been pregnant and then... NOT pregnant, please assure me that it will end eventually!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ha ha ha annamal... Hang in there. The thing I kept telling myself at the end of both my pregnancies (around due date time) was "no one stays pregnant forever." Even if it's another 2 weeks from now, and even though that seems like forever, it is SUCH a short amount of time in the long run.

I hope you get a chance to do something relaxing and fun in these last few days!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 pm 
Naked Under Apron

annamal wrote:
OH, THE PEEING. I'm so looking forward not having to emergency pee 1/2 an ounce at a time.

My due date was yesterday and I'm still pregnant, and now I understand why, at the end of pregnancy, women think they're going to be pregnant forever. seriously. Mamas who have been pregnant and then... NOT pregnant, please assure me that it will end eventually!

My first post-partum pee was unbelievable. I just kept peeing and peeing. My bladder held so much!

Stock up on mattress-sized post-partum pads (I'm going to try to use newborn prefolds while I'm at home) and make sure every meal you eat is a good one because if you have a shiitakey one and go into labour, you will be tasting it in your mouth and thinking about it the whole time, I swear to god, and it will not distract you from labour pains, it will only make them shiitakier. Someone warned me and I didn't listen. "I'll make a scrappy, gnarly curry with this slightly out-of-date hummous. What could possibly go wrong?" Oh, right, I'll spend 13 hours of labour burping up bad scrappy, gnarly out-of-date hummous curry.*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

* A meal that should never have existed under any circumstances.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:45 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

annamal wrote:

So true! But on the day I became convinced that I would be the only woman in history to be pregnant forever and never actually have a baby, my water broke that night. Hang in there!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Someone warned me and I didn't listen. "I'll make a scrappy, gnarly curry with this slightly out-of-date hummous. What could possibly go wrong?" Oh, right, I'll spend 13 hours of labour burping up bad scrappy, gnarly out-of-date hummous curry.

DYING. That's hilarious! Also, very good advice that I hadn't heard yet.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Our hypnobirth instructor HATES the concept of due dates. She gets really worked up about it. she prefers the “birth month” concept since I guess anytime 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after is pretty normal. I think it’s mainly because a lot of medical professionals start wanting to induce you after your due date. She’s very much about letting the baby come when it wants.
That being said the medical community seems OBSESSED with precise due dates. After my first u/s they moved my due date from the end of april to the beginning of may and ive never been questioned by so many suspicious people!!! They were like “so you DON’T know the date of your last period” and I was like “I totally do it was this date but I don’t have fancy u/s machines like you so im gonna go with your date people!”
My “official” due date is 5/2 and it seems like a lot of first babies come late. I read the other day that 5/5-5/11 is “be kind to animals week” so I gave the baby permission to be 3 days late and be born on 5/5 so she can be born during “be kind to animals week”
Plus CINCO DE MAYO!!!!! Burritos!!!
Cause babies totally come when you tell them! ;-)
Hang in there. I don’t have any words of advice but I know plenty of people who thought they were going to be pregnant forever and then of course the baby came in its own sweet time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

all you waitin' ladies have my sympathy! I'm kinda having flashbacks to D's birth - she was 16 days "late" and my blood pressure got high, so the midwives induced me. Then, with Sierra, I obsessed over due dates because I was trying to plan when would be "the perfect time" for my sis-in-law to fly in from California to take care of Dahlia while we were at the hospital. I figured "oh I'll totally be late AGAIN" and was all dreading an induction, but of course Sierra arrived a week EARLY and we were damn lucky that our back-up person for Dahlia was around that day!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

aw annamal..you'll meet your little sprout soon! I went into labor 12 days past due by my dates (19 by the scan dates). I'd really started to believe that she was just happy in there and I would just explode at some point. :D During labor I was getting really exhausted and frustrated at one point and the kindly midwife reminded me that she'd been doing this 18 years (or whatever) and not once had the baby stayed inside. :)

I was weary and ready for her to come out at the end but we had a bit of fun trying all the old wives' tales to make her appear. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

annamal wrote:

I was pregnant for 12 1/2 out of the fifteen months preceding my daughter's birth, and while I loved being pregnant, it was really hard for my brain to understand that there would ever be a time that I wouldn't be gestating. It really just felt like my new 'normal' state. Yet, within days of having her on the outside, I couldn't imagine that she hadn't been with us forever, so I guess I'm saying yes it will end, and it will also seem like a really short time once you're out of it!

Lisa, I hated the 'due date' thing as well, I think I mentioned my date out loud about twice during my pregnancy, usually just deferring the question by saying 'around Christmas'. One of my least favourite parts of late pregnancy was having to switch to focussing more on that date once due date+7 became the magic number for going to the birthing centre - I don't think watching those days slip by and the associated anxiety I felt was good for me, and I hate that I felt that way, because I don't believe there's anything out of the ordinary with babies being born at 42 weeks, but I was clinging on to my hope for an out-of-hospital birth. In hindsight, I'd try to relax more and just enjoy the last days of pregnancy, however long it took!

eta: Crabby, you look awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i hated the due date concept for ever, but then i went into labour on my due date so now i'm inexplicably attached to them.

Reply to topic  [ 7474 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237 ... 299  Next