| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Have you tried the high protein extra firm? That works really well for me. Its as firm as I could get with my tofu express

I just buy other brands that dont fall apart when sliced.

Yes, that is why I buy that one.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I bought one of those and it's nice. ButI only go to TJ very rarely so I am annoyed that I stocked up on crappy cheap tofu that isn't good for basic baked tofu. I have to use it all in scrambles. Regular supermarket extra firm, or even firm, works just fine so I didnt expect TJ tofu to just disintegrate when gently pressed and sliced. Now I've got 7 packs of the stuff which means all I can eat for the next two months is scrambles. Annoyed!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:27 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

That's funny, I love TJ's extra firm and use it for everything. except I don't usually press it. I just drain it, give it a squeeze and slice it. I find that it bakes up just great that way. If you already tried that and still don't like the texture you get, you can freeze a couple of blocks use some for ricotta or any recipe where tofu is crumbled (Mama Mayhem's Tofu Extravaganza from La Dolce Vegan comes to mind) so you don't have to do the same stuff over and over.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Maybe they had a bad batch with lots of air pockets. I won't be eager to try it again though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just ate all my hummus. Now I have none left for work tonight. :-(

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:03 pm 
WRETCHED

I decided on TJs but wow they were emptied out. I was able to get everything I needed though except for my enchiladas and particular type of bread. I got a different bread though.

I do love their high protein tofu though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:22 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I got my right thigh and my left arm tattooed & I can't find a comfortable way to sleep.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

jojo wrote:
I got my right thigh and my left arm tattooed & I can't find a comfortable way to sleep.

But if its a "tribal" tattoo, is it still just a first world problem?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

^ similarly, I got my left ear pierced a month ago and I haven't had a good night's sleep since. Apparently I underestimated how much time I spend on my left side. Life is tragic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 pm 
WRETCHED

I didn't have any problem sleeping on my side when I got my ears pierced or when I stretched them out. (1 night I had a problem because I was clearly wearing the wrong type of earring for sleeping after I stretched it)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Pretty sure my problem is that one of them is a CBR which hasn't quite healed yet for reasons mysterious to both me and my piercer (nickel allergy?) and it keeps getting angry about being bumped.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm 
WRETCHED

Awww. I have a nickel allergy but I had a stainless steel captive bead ring when I first got mine done. I'll admit that I didn't follow the piercers instructions on soaking either. Maybe I was lucky. I remember in high school hating earrings because they always got infected/irritated. It took me nearly 20 years to try it again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've never had issues with surgical steel jewellery before and have never had nickel problems with it (fencing lamés and belt buckles are another story) so it's all very mysterious. The other hole got pierced with a glass plug and that's completely healed so it's either the steel or the geometry. In high school I did a couple of really dumb stretches and those were fine too, although the holes were many years old at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

lycophyte wrote:
jojo wrote:

But if its a "tribal" tattoo, is it still just a first world problem?

It is some sweet asparagus tribal*!

*it isn't.

zwingtip wrote:
Pretty sure my problem is that one of them is a CBR which hasn't quite healed yet for reasons mysterious to both me and my piercer (nickel allergy?) and it keeps getting angry about being bumped.

If you've never had a problem before a nickel allergy is very very unlikely. If the piercing's anywhere other than the lobe I would expect it to still be sore to sleep on (and definitely when bumped) after a month. Cartelidge piercings take between 4 & 6 months to heal properly & do take a little longer with a ring than with a barbell. Are you cleaning with saline solution twice a day & otherwise leaving it the hell alone?

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:00 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

jojo wrote:
zwingtip wrote:

If you've never had a problem before a nickel allergy is very very unlikely. If the piercing's anywhere other than the lobe I would expect it to still be sore to sleep on (and definitely when bumped) after a month. Cartelidge piercings take between 4 & 6 months to heal properly & do take a little longer with a ring than with a barbell. Are you cleaning with saline solution twice a day & otherwise leaving it the hell alone?

Yeah, piercer and I agreed that the nickel sensitivity (super awesome rashes) is mild enough that a steel CBR is going to have probable zero affect, but I've also never had steel in a fresh piercing before so he said it was difficult to say. It is a secondary lobe piercing, though, not cartilage. And yes, the good old fashioned saline and not touching it ever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Yesterday I went to this delicious vegan restaurant, the best in the city, and the mousse au chocolat was soooo huge, I couldn't finish it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pandacookie's package is taking foreverrrrrrrr to arrive. Come on PostNL, work faster!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

lavawitch wrote:
I bought one of those and it's nice. ButI only go to TJ very rarely so I am annoyed that I stocked up on crappy cheap tofu that isn't good for basic baked tofu. I have to use it all in scrambles. Regular supermarket extra firm, or even firm, works just fine so I didnt expect TJ tofu to just disintegrate when gently pressed and sliced. Now I've got 7 packs of the stuff which means all I can eat for the next two months is scrambles. Annoyed!

You could try freezing it - once defrosted it might be easier to press w/out disintegrating. I always freeze tofu before using as it makes it so much easier to get all the water out and gives it a firmer texture.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

The forking dentist, you guys. Polishing my teeth. I feel disgusting for the rest of the day, thinking about the sound and the taste and the feeling of the grit. Eugh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 pm 
Chip Strong

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
The forking dentist, you guys. Polishing my teeth. I feel disgusting for the rest of the day, thinking about the sound and the taste and the feeling of the grit. Eugh.

The mere thought of that gritty brown dentist toothpaste makes me want to hurl.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Ugh more dentist things! I had an appointment for today but they called me yesterday to confirm and told me that the coupon they said I could use 3 months ago when I made the appointment would not be accepted anymore, because the dentist was bought out. So, I'd have to pay full price.

I didn't really have time to decide if their full price was a standard full price so I cancelled. Well, I found a groupon for $140 for 2 appts over a year, so I snagged that, but who knows how long I'll be waiting for an appointment now!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I kinda like teeth polishings, gritty toothpaste or no.

I wanted curry with chocolate chip cookies today, so I made both. And then was so excited I ate all of it. Twice. (As in, I had to make a second curry and also a second batch of cookies.) (They were small batches, but still.) It was so good! And yet, definitely too much. Poor stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ha! Had my dentist appointment today. Had fillings done now my mouth is all numb and I'm dribbling tea everywhere!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I got this free tube of accidentally vegan cinnamon scone dough, made them, ate them all in a day (8!), and now will be addicted to buying tubes of dough stuffs when I really shouldn't be spending my money on frivolous stuff.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
Dead by dawn

Last night I picked out an outfit for today for work, but I like it so much that I want to wear it out tomorrow evening with biker boy. So now I have to do laundry tonight.

Reply to topic  [ 3624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 145  Next