| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:04 pm 
Inflexitarian

alaska should have been up for elimination for not dressing in drag. i imagine ru plans to milk the sharon/alaska angle at a later point so that saved here.

beverly hillz, vivenne, layisha (?) and coco were all terrible.

i didn't realize coco dressing like a little girl and singing that pussycat song was so thought out until i read tomandlorenzo. it was a clever move.

detox was ok but i think jinkx was better and should have won.

i'm tired of the alyssa / coco issue and the secrecy and half stories.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:39 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm not caught up yet but am excited for this season. I finally broke down and bought the damn season pass last week. Logo doesn't work on my iPad.

I so love Ru. I have a box full of old 12" singles somewhere. I was playing a few songs between classes yesterday and my students were giving me the "what the fizzle are you listening to" looks.

I'm not sure who I like yet. Alaska and Detox maybe. Nobody is standing out for me yet.

MBM, what are the makeup tutorials? I thought maybe Dustin Hunter, but he isn't a drag queen, is he?

Anybody else enjoy the recaps from Tom & Lorenzo?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Which makeup tutorials?

I watch the Throwin' Shade recaps...well, I listen to them while I fold laundry, clean my desk, etc. because they're really long. But I love those girls.

I hated Coco's runway look. The literal little girl look may be worse than a slutty schoolgirl. I feel like Alaska's miscalculated risk was still better than Coco's fail and her runway.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You mentioned somewhere that you watch a YouTube makeup artist that might have been a contestant.

Sorry, that may have been an old post I saw while getting caught up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:15 am 
Nailed to the V

Oh, LOVE the tomandlorenzo posts. I've been looking for a good RPDR blog with screen grabs and witty commentary!

I'm really glad Jinkx is turning it out. And Alaska's runway look was probably my favorite this week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 am 
A Bad Person

OH shiitake! You know, we noticed that neither of them were really giving it in the lip sync. We joked that they should both go home. And they did! Also, clearly this episode ran a little long. When do we get the director's cut?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:04 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That was a surprise, but I totally agree with Ru's assessment. They were both really flat and didn't seem like they really wanted to be there. Also, I'm glad that Vivienne is gone because I was tired of her complaining about everyone else like they were the ones holding her back.

Also, how shitty is Alyssa saying that Jade should go home because she doesn't like her personality (which is what that boiled down to to me)? I hope that gets back to her.

Spoiler: show
Someone mentioned upthread (in a spoiler, which is why this is in a spoiler) that there might be a romance this season. I think it might be Coco and Jade.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:55 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

What the ever loving is up with the half-arsed lipsyncs?

I am so glad they both went home. Vivienne should have been playing to her vintage vibe all season and she didn't. And how many kaftans does a person need?

Now let's see some big time turning out!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm 

That was crazy but deserved. I have never seen two people give so little shiitakes about their lip-synch. One person not really into it, okay. I know that 'Oops' isn't a super high energy song, but I told Brian that there are points in that song that you can still like, hit. Like 'I'm not (pose) that (pose) innocent (pose)'. Milan would've been swiffering the floor with her taint in circles around them both. I was like, "What the hell is Ru going to do, make them re-do it? A spelling bee? Kick them both off?"

Next week is SNATCH GAME!

Based on last week's Untucked, I think it's Roxxy and Detox. I don't know about Coco, but Jade has a boyfriend.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm 

Also, about Vivienne's endless bisqueing: I cannot stand it when people come with the attitude of 'I should win because everyone else sucks', and not 'I should win because I am amazing'. Plenty of past queens have exuded large amounts of confidence* without shitting on the other girls. Brian didn't understand how I felt about Delta and Phoenix until he watched Untucked (and Phoenix has said in an interview that she thinks she wasn't ready for the show). Vivienne didn't fail because Roxxxy is loud and 'annoying' (a loud drag queen why I never), she failed because she didn't show anything. Even her outfit wasn't good this week! To quote JuJu in the first All Stars episode, she looked like she worked at the mall (or maybe on the corner of the mall). She didn't deliver humor, boldness, or even a crazy good fashion sense like Tyra did.

*Like Willam always saying 'when I win', she never said 'when I win because you're all boogers', she was comically over-confident without putting anyone else down. She even said that Kenya was prettier than her so she was going to have to be the funny one.

And now that those two are gone, I have no idea who's going to go home next week! I feel like all of the really weak people are gone now. But it's Snatch Game so anyone could flop. Did they say Alyssa has immunity? If not, i'm worried about her.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:44 pm 
Inflexitarian

santino checked out mid-lip synch and so did i. it was pathetic. i'm glad ru said what everyone was thinking and sent them both home.

i wish they would make the show longer or do two part episodes as i would've liked to see the ballet AND runway.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
Inflexitarian

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Did they say Alyssa has immunity? If not, i'm worried about her.

alyssa has immunity.

there is still one super weak queen left...lineysha. once she's gone, they'll vote off the middle-tier like ivy and jade.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:01 pm 
Nailed to the V

I don't know, Ivy's been kind of a hit lately. I'm not all that interested in her, but the judges and other queens seem to like her.

I LOVED the double elimination and couldn't have chosen a more deserving pair of queens to leave. I was getting so bored of both of them and didn't want to wait around for the other to get eliminated later.

I was thinking the same thing, Lineysha has to go soon. I honestly keep forgetting about her. And unfortunately I can't see her performing well in the Snatch Game. But if I could choose the next queen to leave, it would be Roxxxy. Not a big fan of her style and even less so of her attitude. But she has to stick around for the lovefest I suppose.

I do not like all this Jade-is-checked-out talk. She does seem discouraged by always being picked last and never really standing out, but I need more of that old snippity-snap perky Jade and less of this beat down Jade. I liked the tender moment between her and Jinkx in the "Untucked exclusive" where Jinkx explained to Jade why she didn't pick her earlier. But as long as she can get her shiitake together for the Snatch Game she'll do great. Although I think Jinkx has this one in the bag.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Based on last week's Untucked, I think it's Roxxy and Detox. I don't know about Coco, but Jade has a boyfriend.

Ah! I don't have access to Untucked (different country = no Logo), so I didn't know any of this stuff.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm 

Oh and uh, did I mention that Peanut Butter is now my alarm?

Also LW, this is the person I thought might be on this season:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Um, so, best music video EVER

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Logo just ran a preview for next week. Spoilering just in case

Jinx is going to be Little Edie from Grey Gardens. I am thrilled.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 am 
Inflexitarian

i went to a big freedia show in nyc and it was life changing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:24 am 

kfad wrote:
Logo just ran a preview for next week. Spoilering just in case

Jinx is going to be Little Edie from Grey Gardens. I am thrilled.

That was in the supertrailer at the beginning of the first episode, so it's not really a spoiler.

But I did think it was hilarious that the other queens were like "Oh, we've never heard of that, she's forked." I've never seen Grey Gardens but it seems like everyone else I know has, so I know who Little Edie is and Ru probably does too. Also, last year Sharon dressed like Little Edie for her magazine shoot!

From watching the preview, i'm a little worried about a few of their choices for characters. I don't think it was said who Jade is doing but as long as she chooses wisely (NO ONE DO GAGA THIS YEAR PLEASE), I think she'll do well.

I think Lineysha and Ivy are probably done soon, Lineysha is very pretty and has great style and nailed that lip-synching challenge, but I don't think she's very funny and even though the judges tend to come down hard on campy queens, you still need to have some sort of skillz in the funny/acting department to get through. I think all of the circus stuff that Ivy does is super cool and I would love to see her perform, but she's not really getting a chance to use those talents here so the only strong thing she gets to show off is her sewing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have been worried about Ivy since she walked out on stilts. Her look is great, she pulls together for runway, but I feel like she needs a longer showcase. On a selfish note I will be sad when I can't watch Ivyboy.

I am actually pretty worried that Jade will be in the bottom two this coming week. I can't imagine how she will make her celebrity funny.

Also, I am saddened by the way a number of queens the last couple of seasons don't seem to know icons. Or the LGBTQ history. Little Edie isn't so much, but really... Diana Ross? Or not knowing about Stonewall? But that may be a discussion for another place.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

Not sure if this is true...my source is a comment on a youtube video referencing a preview I can't seem to find...They said it shows a flash of the Snatch Game setup with the placards in front of the queens...and Jade Jolie is apparently doing
Taylor Swift
which seems pretty perfect to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:26 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

That is what I saw too. I just don't see it being "funny" in the way Ru always seems to want. I also don't know if I want Jade to prove me wrong or not.
And that might be my problem. At the beginning of the season I really wanted Jade to wow. I wanted her to be amazing. But now I think she is just wearing on me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kfad wrote:
I have been worried about Ivy since she walked out on stilts. Her look is great, she pulls together for runway, but I feel like she needs a longer showcase. On a selfish note I will be sad when I can't watch Ivyboy.

They seemed to be happier with Ivy overall for the past couple of episodes. But at the same time, she seems to be right in the middle - not terrible, but not one of the best. She killed on the runway in this one, but she needs more (positive) exposure.

kfad wrote:
Also, I am saddened by the way a number of queens the last couple of seasons don't seem to know icons. Or the LGBTQ history. Little Edie isn't so much, but really... Diana Ross? Or not knowing about Stonewall? But that may be a discussion for another place.

Yeah, that's kinda depressing. So many of them are so young, and it's not like they get taught about LGBTQ icons in school, but you'd think there would be some kind of passing down of cultural knowledge within the scene.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Little Edie was all sorts of perfection! I was thrilled.

I think I love Jinkx so much because she is doing the drag I see around here all the time. But she is doing it turned up to 11. The look on the run way was perfection.

I am so tired of the stupid Alyssa/Coco bull. They both need to sit in a counseling session and hash it out. Or, as Alyssa says, "It's drag, get over it."

Roxxy was actually surprising as the other Braxton.

But Detox, I am getting worried about that girl. I started the season thinking she was going to win it. I just don't know any more. It didn't feel like she even really tried with the main challenge.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm 
Nailed to the V

Little Edie WAS perfect. I think Jinkx needs to get out of her own head and own the fact that what she does is great. She seems bogged by criticism but she just needs to do her thing and let Roxxxy and Michelle think what they want.

Jade looked GREAT as T-Swift but you could tell there wasn't much she could do there. And I didn't like that she went after Alyssa for her body in Untucked but I've written it off as being uncreative on the spot in the face of criticism vs. actual fat hate. But who knows.

I was surprised to see Detox in the bottom, but it was nice to see her perform. I didn't like her dress at all until the big spin.

Oh, and I don't like Roxxxy and I've only seen a youtube clip of Tamar Braxton, but I thought she was pretty great in the snatch game. Still so happy that Jinkx won a main challenge!

Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next