| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miss Rachel's Pantry
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Uh, you guys. Today Miss Rachel opened her cute lil' vegan cafe on Passyunk Ave (1732 W Passyunk, to be exact). I got a sticky bun and a meatloaf sandwich. The sticky bun was delightful...tender and perfectly sweet! The meatball sandwich was simple, savory, and flavorful. They also had an egg 'n' cheese type breakfast sandwich, but I was looking for lunch. Hopefully they'll have it again tomorrow...because I'm totally going again...

It sounds like they will be offering a daily sandwich and salad, in addition to baked goods and a full coffee menu. Their regular hours will be Monday-Saturday 8-3 (except they'll be closed this coming Saturday June 9th) and they'll also be open for reservation-only weekend farmhouse table dinners. I am really excited about having a new vegan lunch spot in South Philly! Maybe one day I'll splurge on a weekend dinner, too!

http://missrachelspantry.com/

Post subject: Re: Miss Rachel's Pantry
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I went again today! Her crabby sandwich is so good! It appears to be made with hearts of palm. Genius! It was served on a roll with beautiful, thick slices of tomato and a lovely creamy sauce.

The location is a little weird...my friend had some trouble finding it. There isn't much around there, and a lot of people don't seem to be familiar with W. Passyunk. It's between 17th and 18th St. If you're taking the subway, I'd get off at the Snyder station, walk a couple blocks west on Snyder Ave, keep left in a couple blocks to get on Passyunk Ave (it's actually easier than trying to stay on Snyder..) and it'll be on the left with a cute yellow and white striped awning. There is also the 79 bus that runs along Snyder. It looks like you can probably find parking in the area, but I had to lock my bike up over a block away. Accessibility-wise, there is one very small step to get inside, but it's all one level once you're in.

I can't wait for a hot summer day so I can go there and get a mint chocolate chip milkshake. They carry Klein's ice cream, which is the best! They also have cookies and cream, and they'll be getting a few more flavors soon too!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

oh. with those hours, i think i would probably only be able to get there on saturdays. i'm excited. she's such a sweetheart, and i am so happy fo her that she was able to get this off the ground. <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Oh good to hear, that crabby sandwich sounds delicious! She posted a picture of their pastry case on Facebook, and everything looked so good. I was kind of hoping the cafe was on the east side of Broad for easy pre-work breakfast stops, but what can you do! I'll have to make it down there soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think I might be ordering my holiday meals from her from now on. Normally I order from Whole Foods, but they don't have any gluten free options.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 pm 
Hip Goiter

I'm SO happy for her! I love her. I can't wait to come back to visit so I can go there. Milkshakes there too? God Philly is the best.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

They changed their hours! Much more work-friendly now. They're open Wednesday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm, and Saturday and Sunday, from 8 am to 4 pm. Has anyone been yet? I stopped by the other day for a Crabbie sandwich. I'm addicted. It came with a few sliced strawberries and a couple crunchy chip-things...a nice touch!

PS- if you add them on facebook, you can find out their daily specials. One of these days the stars will align and I'll be able to make it on lasagna day!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

No, I wish she was in Rittenhouse! I have to get my office to order lunch one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:07 pm 

I stopped by a couple weekss ago and thought the place was adorable, the food was good and the iced coffee was really most excellent. The day I went they had waffle battered seitan over mashed potatoes and a side of fruit. Deeelicious. I also got one of those savory cheese tarts and a brownie. Really forkin good. But I gotta say, I was really impressed with the cold brew - its an art and not every place does it right.

Mmm...coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

When I visit my friends in South Philly I've have to go! So excited

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

This woman knows how to make pancakes. Light, fluffy, and just the right size. Three pancakes with earth balance and real maple syrup. Worth all seven dollars.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Ahhh! Now you can get a side of tempeh bacon with your pancakes! And she has a breakfast burrito!! And maple walnut french toast. And later hours. I can't handle all this information, check out her website if you need to know these things.

Has anyone tried her Farmhouse Dinner yet?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:00 pm 

I stopped in this weekend while I was running errands and picked up the $4 breakfast biscuit sandwich. I usually hate most peoples scrambles, so I was a little reluctant, but jeez, that was a supremely tasty biscuit, with scramble, cheese and I added coconut bacon. Cheap and filling. Stoked to return for a proper sit down brunch using my $10 for $5 coupon! I think I'll try the French toast jawn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Miss Rachel's is now only open on weekends, just so you all know. I found out the hard way a few weeks ago. Darn. I loved stopping there before work on Wednesdays. It is so much harder for me to find time during the weekend because I'm working or out of town. The next free Saturday I have will surely be dedicated to Miss Rachel and a stack of pancakes!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh no why? Is it doing ok? I haven't been yet but as soon as I go home next I want to!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I think I decided to order my Christmas meals from her this year. But I emailed with a question about gluten free options and haven't heard back from anyone yet. I really hope there isn't an issue with them doing orders this year. I guess I should call and follow-up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:52 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Good news, Miss Rachel got back to me and I will be eating a glorious meal for Christmas!! Super excited.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 am 
Tofu Pup

I am meatless for the first time in ages and vegan for the first time ever, and I'm so glad to have found this spot! I can't wait to try their food and hopefully get large deliveries. (I'm lazy about cooking ;)