| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 1846  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

that's incredibly rude, vijita! holy moly. That's mindblowing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:36 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

fork them, you should totally send me their food just to show em....yeah, that would really stick it to them good!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am 
And you never will.

Holy shiitake, vijita, that is so rude. I told my husband that and he was like "because you only go to a wedding reception for the food...?"

How many of us have attended wedding receptions where there was nothing for us to eat, because you know, when you care about people it's what you do?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

vijita wrote:
I am so annoyed. My aunt RSVP'd to my wedding saying that she and her (jerky) husband would come only for the ceremony, because the food at the dinner will be all vegan. I just think that's so selfish. I mean, we are paying for everything ourselves, and the food is going to be forking awesome! Plus she's one of the only guests invited (out of a mere 32) who actually lives in town, so there's really no excuse. I guess I should just be happy that it's two less people to feed, but ugh. It's all naturally vegan food: dal, garlic naan, celeriac kofta, two salads, a bunch of accompaniments and chutneys. Nothing terrifying.
That is a bit twatty, but I still think you should respond with kindness and say "Oh, that's a shame, it would be really lovely to have you there with everyone. Do let me know if you change your minds" and then walk away knowing you have the better hand and your life is filled with rainbows and theirs is filled with poo on toast. Maybe throw some glitter in the air to show how sparkly and lovely your are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am 
WRETCHED

For the past couple weeks, we've found little black bugs in our kitchen, I looked them up and they look to be weevils. I checked all my grain containers, didn't find anything. I've just been flushing them down the sink since there weren't many and most were found dead. Today, I found a bag of rice that had a weevil colony. I cleaned things up so hopefully the weevils will be gone but I think weevils really hit the jackpot coming into our house.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 am 
WELFARIST!

Wow vijita, that was really rude of them!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:42 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I've chosen to respond very diplomatically, because they are very reactionary and I do not want a dramatic wedding.

Did I mention there is a free bar filled with organic cider that my fiance made himself from picking apples in the orchard on site to pressing/fermenting/bottling? And organic wine and beer? And handmade truffles? They are missing out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Spending my day writing by-laws and mission statements and watching Angel.

Really what this means is that I will be totally procrastinating and looking to be amused by others.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:53 am 
ugh

That would make me sooo angry vijita, I admire you for responding politely. I hope your NICE non-vegan relatives tell your aunt how awesome everything was after so she'll realize she was being a whiny baby for no reason.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

vijita, I'll take their spot at the wedding, that sounds great! Sucks for them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Efcliz is awesome. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:22 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

paprikapapaya wrote:
vijita, I'll take their spot at the wedding, that sounds great! Sucks for them.

I'll go with paprikapapaya! Your wedding sounds awesome! It's totally their loss. (But hey! At least you won't have to deal with their condescending comments about vegan noms on your otherwise amazing day.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm 
Semen Strong

Vijita, your wedding sounds beautiful, personal and intimate. There is so much love and care going into every detail, and its a real reflection of all the love you and Jay have for each other. Its going to be amazing.

I really love what you said about not wanting a dramatic wedding, and I think it truly is their loss. There is so much generosity in not fighting their decision.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ok, now I totally want to gatecrash your wedding. It sounds amazing.

Getting peeved. I seem to be having stomach issues again. Every evening I have been feeling sick. It starts late afternoon and progressively gets worse as the evening goes on to the point where I have no option but to go asleep because it will be gone then. The days I remember to take some over the counter ppi's I am fine. Last time I had stomach problems it cost me an absolute fortune to deal with because the meds are so expensive here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

vijita wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I've chosen to respond very diplomatically, because they are very reactionary and I do not want a dramatic wedding.

Did I mention there is a free bar filled with organic cider that my fiance made himself from picking apples in the orchard on site to pressing/fermenting/bottling? And organic wine and beer? And handmade truffles? They are missing out.

Honestly, I would tell them to not bother coming to the ceremony at all. But I have an admittedly unconventional attitude toward family (i.e. if they don't treat me at least as respectfully as I would expect friends to then fork them) that doesn't work for everyone.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

j-dub wrote:
But I have an admittedly unconventional attitude toward family (i.e. if they don't treat me at least as respectfully as I would expect friends to then fork them)

+1 yummy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:24 pm 
WELFARIST!

Aww...vijita that sucks. And you know what, I bet they have no idea that they're being rude at all which is kind of the saddest thing in the whole deal. I like Gulliver's response. <3

I always think of freaky things to post here that will BLOW ALL YOURZ MINDZ but then it's, like 2 ayem, and I don't have my puter on and I should be in bed and figure I'll remember whatever it was tomorrow because it was so mind-blowing that how could I forget? But I forget. Every time. And you guys, the brain fartz you're missing. You don't know. I mean, I don't even know, but whatever it was did blow through my mind once and left a big hole, never to be heard from again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm 
Impressive boner

Mr8 and I were on the bus home when suddenly two teenage girls kept singing "Here come the men in black" over and over and dissolved into laughter when it was our stop. Yes, we wear black coats and hats, but what the fizzle?
Then as we were walking from the bus stop to our house another teen with an Akita made out that the dog was trying to get off the chain to bite one of us, when the pup was doing nothing more than walking.

I have no idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

vijita wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
ack. my husbands birthday party is on saturday, but i'm juggling all this stuff i have to do to get ready to start my new job. I can't go too crazy with cooking (like i want to) so does this sound good? I think this will be manageable.

sanctuary ranch dip with potato chips, carrots and celery
hummus and pita
mini phyllo cups with spinach/tofu ricotta/cream cheese mixture inside
fruit salad
carrot cake cupcakes

I think he invited 20 people, but hopefully not that many people will come at once because our apartment is pretty small!

YUM! Except for the celery.

I am so annoyed. My aunt RSVP'd to my wedding saying that she and her (jerky) husband would come only for the ceremony, because the food at the dinner will be all vegan. I just think that's so selfish. I mean, we are paying for everything ourselves, and the food is going to be forking awesome! Plus she's one of the only guests invited (out of a mere 32) who actually lives in town, so there's really no excuse. I guess I should just be happy that it's two less people to feed, but ugh. It's all naturally vegan food: dal, garlic naan, celeriac kofta, two salads, a bunch of accompaniments and chutneys. Nothing terrifying.

I will come with my jerky husband and eat their food!!!!! :)

J/K I'm really sorry. How shitty. Can't they just suck it up and celebrate with a loving heart for one day/one meal?? They could load up on extra meaties for breakfast JUST IN CASE.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

seitanicverses wrote:
I always think of freaky things to post here that will BLOW ALL YOURZ MINDZ but then it's, like 2 ayem, and I don't have my puter on and I should be in bed and figure I'll remember whatever it was tomorrow because it was so mind-blowing that how could I forget? But I forget. Every time. And you guys, the brain fartz you're missing. You don't know. I mean, I don't even know, but whatever it was did blow through my mind once and left a big hole, never to be heard from again.

I just love this post.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I ended up emailing the prof asking what she wanted from the paper because I needed to get back to her on something else anyway. And she responded to me like a real adult with real research interests and suggested this be a topic for ongoing work in the future? I am SO CONFUSED.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Gulliver wrote:
vijita wrote:
That is a bit twatty, but I still think you should respond with kindness and say "Oh, that's a shame, it would be really lovely to have you there with everyone. Do let me know if you change your minds" and then walk away knowing you have the better hand and your life is filled with rainbows and theirs is filled with poo on toast. Maybe throw some glitter in the air to show how sparkly and lovely your are.

A+ response. They're being rude as heck but your wedding is going to be amazing and that menu sounds delicious.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pandacookie wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

I just love this post.

Bahahaha, me too. Once my best friend was convinced he'd discovered the theory of everything and he didn't write it down because he was sure he'd remember in the morning. All he did remember was a feeling of utter elation, followed by a feeling of utter loss when he realized he didn't remember anything. (He's sure it wasn't really a feasible theory of everything... but we'll never know.)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think Molly is trying to crawl into my eyeball.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

8ball wrote:
Mr8 and I were on the bus home when suddenly two teenage girls kept singing "Here come the men in black" over and over and dissolved into laughter when it was our stop. Yes, we wear black coats and hats, but what the fizzle?
Then as we were walking from the bus stop to our house another teen with an Akita made out that the dog was trying to get off the chain to bite one of us, when the pup was doing nothing more than walking.

I have no idea.

AHAHAHAHA so...maybe you know this but in the US, "making out" is an expression equivalent to what I think is "snogging" in the UK? So I read that sentence and I was picturing a teenager trying to get kissy-face with an angry Akita and I was super super confused for a minute!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 1846  Next