| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

not remembering his name at the moment, but i can't believe what's his name won for that dress with all that chain stuff hanging off. i did not like that dress at all. i thought ben (although i wasn't crazy about the weird jeweled stuff hanging off the boob/armpit area) or his partner (gosh i'm bad with names now) who made the blue fringe dress should of won.

also, forget her name too, but i didn't think the leather outfit with the leather fridge necklace was all that bad. at least she kept her chin high, defended her look, and didn't let the judge's comments get her down.

oh and mustache man's dress, so super tacky!

"But...that's the most vegetably vegetable there is!!!" -Chicki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We saw Amanda at Whole Foods like an hour ago. She checked out at the register next to us. cool d00d

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
We saw Amanda at Whole Foods like an hour ago. She checked out at the register next to us. cool d00d

cool! did you say hi or did you play it cool and aloof?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

creep wrote:

What did she buy?! I kinda know Joe who got kicked off last week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

bookwormbethie wrote:
not remembering his name at the moment, but i can't believe what's his name won for that dress with all that chain stuff hanging off. i did not like that dress at all. i thought ben (although i wasn't crazy about the weird jeweled stuff hanging off the boob/armpit area) or his partner (gosh i'm bad with names now) who made the blue fringe dress should of won.

also, forget her name too, but i didn't think the leather outfit with the leather fridge necklace was all that bad. at least she kept her chin high, defended her look, and didn't let the judge's comments get her down.

Richard's chain dress-I love how he really expected the lining to materialize at the last moment. As if one of the other designers were going to suddenly say, "oh here, I made this extra lining, maybe you could use it." And how he thought the dress would be sufficiently covered up, with that huge open mesh and nothing underneath...!

I'm not sure why the judges were harping on Michelle's dress so much. It did look better without the necklace, and once someone said linguine I couldn't stop seeing that (or craving pasta), but overall it was better than some of the middle of the road looks.

I hope everyone gets over their leather obsession. It is really starting to annoy me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I didn't say anything. I barely talk to people I know, and I hate to be that annoying fan when someone's just trying to live their life or whatever. But now that you ask, I do wish I'd noticed what she was buying!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

creep wrote:
I didn't say anything. I barely talk to people I know, and I hate to be that annoying fan when someone's just trying to live their life or whatever. But now that you ask, I do wish I'd noticed what she was buying!

makes sense. back in college at UGA, i saw michael stipe from REM a couple of times, and i played it cool and didn't say a peep..... even when he was in front of me in line at jittery joe's buying a rice krispie treat! don't recall if he bought a drink or not.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Beanitarian wrote:
bookwormbethie wrote:

Richard's chain dress-I love how he really expected the lining to materialize at the last moment. As if one of the other designers were going to suddenly say, "oh here, I made this extra lining, maybe you could use it." And how he thought the dress would be sufficiently covered up, with that huge open mesh and nothing underneath...!

I'm not sure why the judges were harping on Michelle's dress so much. It did look better without the necklace, and once someone said linguine I couldn't stop seeing that (or craving pasta), but overall it was better than some of the middle of the road looks.

I hope everyone gets over their leather obsession. It is really starting to annoy me.

agreed. i would love project runway to do some kind of animal friendly/earth friendly season where no leather is allowed, etc... they are such a popular show and they have so much potential to use their show (or at least a challenge or two) as a platform to raise awareness for important issues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Holy crepe, Patricia's dress was forking hideous. Definitely worse then Michelle's! I can't believe she was safe with that monstrosity. what the fizzle?

I also think Amanda should have won, but I'm not unhappy with Richard winning.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 am 

lepelaar wrote:
Holy crepe, Patricia's dress was forking hideous. Definitely worse then Michelle's! I can't believe she was safe with that monstrosity. what the fizzle?

Oh, I definitely agree! It was just bizarre, the crazy fringe over a super conservative brocade dress? I think her partner's score must have saved her.

Also, was anyone else surprised that they used their usual models in this one? I was certain it was going to be plus size models. It seems like a missed opportunity to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Beanitarian wrote:
Also, was anyone else surprised that they used their usual models in this one? I was certain it was going to be plus size models. It seems like a missed opportunity to me.

But Miranda Lambert is a size 8, not a model size 0 but not a plus size either. I would like more sizes on the runway...I just cringe when they bring out 'real model' challenges on PR.

Every time I see mustache dude I think of a Portlandia character...His bottom did look cheap/like a denim table cloth...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am 

missmuffcake wrote:
Beanitarian wrote:

But Miranda Lambert is a size 8, not a model size 0 but not a plus size either. I would like more sizes on the runway...I just cringe when they bring out 'real model' challenges on PR.

Every time I see mustache dude I think of a Portlandia character...His bottom did look cheap/like a denim table cloth...

I think a size 8 would be in the range of plus size models (strangely), although not actually a plus size. Maybe plus size models are closer to 10 or 12, but models are usually pretty tall so I would think their proportions might be similar (not sure how tall Ms. Lambert is -- I have to admit, I hadn't heard of her before this episode).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A size 8, really? I'm a 6ish and have been up to a 14, and I would guess that she was closer to a 12 or so. I thought the same thing about using plus sized models.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I think the clothing she chooses to wear is not flattering...Like her boobs in the top she wore to judge....mm...no.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I also thought the woman with the long blonde hair (Amanda?) should have won.

Is Miranda Lambert really "the Lady Gaga" of country music? I had never heard of her before, but that's not surprising as I don't listen to country music. I was just curious if she really was all that famous. I remember a few seasons ago when I used to watch America's Next Top Model they had an R&B singer or something that everyone acted super excited to meet, but when I googled it turned out he wasn't very well known at all and not very famous. I found that kind of funny.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

besides Patricia's freaky bug eyes I do not understand all the hate...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:24 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

yes, her eyes are freaky... maybe that's why some of the peeps are hating on her :(

i actually thought amanda and ben (look at me remembering names!) were both going to get voted off. i was sad to see ben go, not sure i liked his point of view, but i did like his personality.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm not really in love with anyone's stuff this season. I'm finding myself rooting for Amanda just because she's from my hometown, and Daniel because he's a rad dude.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:47 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i liked tu - he was sassy in a 90s sort of way!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:05 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

yes tu was funny, i'm sad to see him go, but his partner was a bit dominating so don't think his voice got to shine through. i don't recall which episode it was, but i did like that black/white outfit he made.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:18 am 

I thought Tu was pretty sweet. He might have done better in a non-team format, but then again his sewing skills seemed pretty poor. Regardless, I was sad to see him go without a fair shake.

I was glad to see Kate go. Too much ego, not enough innovation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:07 am 
Bathes in Braggs

What was with all the hate for the gold dress? I thought it was awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I didn't hate the gold dress either. I am really happy that the houndstooth dress won though. If I was a teenager I'd totally wear something like that to prom. I also thought that Leyana and Stanley(?) should have been 2nd, and that weird "jiffy pop" mullet dress should have been in the bottom with the boring blue dress.

It was great that they got a second unconventional challenge. They should do an All-Stars All-Unconventional season. I would love that so much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:44 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Leyana really is starting to bother me, her ego is really rude...

I did not think the gold dress was bad, or the long dress. The student's pick was not something that I would see as a winner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Is it just me, or does anyone else kind of want Patricia to make it to the final just to see what she'd come up with given the time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 29  Next