| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 170  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 am 
Naked Under Apron

poopiebitch wrote:
The only thing that doesn't get cleaned is "his" bathroom, because I feel like I shouldn't have to clean it if I don't use it, and it is so forking disgusting now you just have no idea. I always think if I leave it long enough he will clean it, but it never happens and then eventually it gets so bad I just can't stand it anymore and I put on gloves and a face mask (not joking) and I clean it.

We had that problem for a while! But I'd end up cleaning the bathroom (after begging/demanding/nagging my husband to do it) because we have quarterly inspections in our flat and the one time I didn't clean everything beautifully (I'd just had Raygold and was exhausted from hemorrhaging and dying of hemorrhoids), the sent this crabby guy who gave us a bad review. Anyway, at some point in the last year, my husband swtiched (except for shaving for some reason) to the bathroom everybody else uses, but before I cleaned his man-cave bathroom, I took a photo and captioned it 'Hall of Pubes.' I'm just sayin'.

ETA, he defrosted the freezer! He announced last night, an hour or two before bed, that he needed to start it and that after an hour or so, we'd have enough melted to be 'okay' and I was all, "no way, kitty cat, I totally prepared for this and reminded you all today and yesterday -- we are defrosting it entirely." He agreed to defrost it all night, but then announced that since I am pregnant and probably have to pee in the middle of the night, that I should go into the kitchen and chip off some ice once it had loosened. No! Anyway, I can hold my bladder all night if I get up and pee when he goes to bed. Well, I heard him chipping at ice in the middle of the night, so I think I'll give him some extra cranberry oat bars this morning (I made some last night). :D

OT: Beetroot just saw all the defrosting freezer frost/ice and asked if I'd make him lemonade. XD

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 am 
Semen Strong

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
['Hall of Pubes.' I'm just sayin'.

Bahahaha!

I thought you weren't supposed to chip at ice because of the danger to the coils that keep the fridge cold? I'm too lazy to google it though :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 am 
Naked Under Apron

Tofulish wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
['Hall of Pubes.' I'm just sayin'.

Bahahaha!

I thought you weren't supposed to chip at ice because of the danger to the coils that keep the fridge cold? I'm too lazy to google it though :)

You're right -- you're probably not supposed to, but given the amount of ice on them (and all over the freezer -- it was pretty bad), I guess he figured a little chipping would help.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 am 
Semen Strong

Your cranberry oatbars sound yummy!

Also, your husband is hilarious suggesting that you chip ice because you're going to be up to pee anyway. There are so many chores you could do in the middle of the night, you know, if you didn't want to get back to your cozy warm bed......

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:57 am 
Naked Under Apron

Tofulish wrote:
Your cranberry oatbars sound yummy!

I am obsessed with oat bars at the moment and have been trying a ton of different recipes in the hopes that I find a really good (and healthy) one before I pop, so I have some oat bars stocked up.

Tofulish wrote:
Also, your husband is hilarious suggesting that you chip ice because you're going to be up to pee anyway. There are so many chores you could do in the middle of the night, you know, if you didn't want to get back to your cozy warm bed......

I guess my husband had to pee in the middle of the night and that's why I heard him chipping at the ice! I should give him a list of other chores to do when he gets up to pee! XD

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:01 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
I am, like, the least doormat person ever and I am still in a kind of door-matty position around my in-laws because of the family-thing.

yes! THIS. I don't take an ounce of crepe from my family or anyone else, because I don't expect me to. In this case, it's all a crapstorm, with nice stuff here and there, just enough to keep me from going off the deep end.

Also, there is a "free" house involved. Do not ever, ever, ever, ever, accept a free house from family.

(I shouldn't post this, but I'm at the point of thinking if anyone wants to search my posts on a forum and get mad at me, have at it.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Kelly wrote:
Also, there is a "free" house involved. Do not ever, ever, ever, ever, accept a free house from family.

Ahahahahahahaha! (Sorry, I shouldn't laugh.) Wise words!

Right before we had our big falling out, my parents went in halfsies on my sister's second house (she was trying to sell her first one and didn't want to wait to move...as far as I know, it still hasn't sold) and she said the first time she went there after getting the keys, she knew my mom had already been there because there was a plastic hotel cup with red wine residue in the bottom (that is, like, such a my-mom-thing and it's probably not funny to anyone else, but I giggle just thinking about it).

Mr Crabby's parents gave all his sisters some money to buy houses (not to buy entire houses, though!, just a little help) and said they would do the same for us, but then put so many stipulations on it for us (the house has to be in the UK, it should have a guest bedroom (for them, I assume), "we shouldn't give you the money anyway because you're irresponsible and don't have proper jobs..."), it was kind of crazy (we rent anyway, so it's not really even an issue).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:55 am 
Naked Under Apron

Beetroot, you are 4-3/4. Won't you feed yourself? Is that too much to ask? Apparently, yes.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 am 
Semen Strong

Argh! She woke up at 4 and was happily chatting away and wouldn't go back to sleep until 6. And now I can't go back to sleep. Silly limbic system not wanting to sleep when its light out!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Do babies have some sort of torture boot camp which they attend in secret? Seriously, stop scratching my elbow till it bleeds, poking one finger in my armpit, inserting your fingernails under mine, scratching ny stomach, and pulling on my collar bone (holy forking mother of god ow!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm 
Nooch of Earl

We're off Our Schedule, and I can't wait to be back on it. Otherwise I feel like half the time I'm trying to get a not-tired toddler to sleep, and the other half I'm waking her up because we have somewhere to be. Sigh. Wondering whether the FRG playgroup this afternoon is worth waking her up for, since she's not napping yet but probably will soon. (it's in <2 hrs)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:27 am 
***LIES!!!***

Annak, we are in the same world now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Another lovely visit with my partner's parents today. Did you guys know that if your baby doesn't sleep through the night by 3 months, you are doing something horribly wrong? Also, it's perverted to breastfeed an 8 month old. Actually, since I was told it was perverted when she was 6 months, by now the perversion must have progressed to some extreme level. And they go on and on about how miserable they are that we are planning on moving back across the country in a few months. Gee, I wonder why we wouldn't want to live close by!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 am 
Naked Under Apron

mooo wrote:
Another lovely visit with my partner's parents today. Did you guys know that if your baby doesn't sleep through the night by 3 months, you are doing something horribly wrong? Also, it's perverted to breastfeed an 8 month old. Actually, since I was told it was perverted when she was 6 months, by now the perversion must have progressed to some extreme level.

I did know that! The solution (according to my mom) is, apparently, to feed them cereal in a bottle, which all babies are totally ready for by 3 months! The other solution (MIL) is to just drop night feeds and ignore your child until they stop manipulating you.
If you breastfeed in front of anyone and don't cover up with a blanket or something, it's (according to my parents) obscene, offensive, and disgusting. Even in your own living room, you must cover if there are guests! It's just rude otherwise. And if you leave the room to breastfeed (MIL), it means you are purposefully avoiding everyone and trying to destroy your husband's relationship with his family.
And breastfeeding after 1 year is weird and unnecessary. Those WHO recommendations are for places with dirty water.

mooo wrote:
And they go on and on about how miserable they are that we are planning on moving back across the country in a few months. Gee, I wonder why we wouldn't want to live close by!

Are we related through parents or in-laws or did they all go to the same training camp?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:13 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Ugh, another one of those days where I have to get the house clean and go out and run a couple errands - not a huge deal, it's not a DISASTER here, and pre-child days I could get the living space nice in a couple hours, do all my laundry, and shop for snacks for company easily afterwards.

With a toddler, though, it's a planning operation that takes military precision, and of course it all goes to shiitake because certain people do not want to nap, at all. She begs for food. I give her a jammy sammy (i know, hardly health food but easy to grab out of the kitchen) and I just caught her feeding a bunch of it to the f'ing cat. So what should take like 2 hours is going to take until people are here at 6:30 tonight and be done half as well.

And it's book club, and since my sitter isn't available on Tuesday and my husband is out playing submarines, I can't even go to the meeting (and certainly haven't had time to read the book - bell hooks's "bone black," I'm sure it's great but I wouldn't know) so I have to clean up my house and get it ready for company and then be scarce because I have an interrupty toddler. You know, we have fun together, but I think the thing I miss most about pre-baby life is just the simplicity of it, the spontaneity.

ETA: Haven't even had a chance to take a shower and it's noon. Kid about to get thrown in the shower, but then I have to deal with that, and she'll pee all over the carpet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:20 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Also, I have a babysitter scheduled to come tomorrow afternoon. I've decided to just hire her every couple weeks to try to have a space for all the little things that come up that are easier/possible alone. But can anyone do anything during that window? Of f'ing course not. The hair dresser is all booked up until the day after. The dentist only has an opening at 11am. The other wives of people w/ my husbands job who want to get together for a lunch can only do earlier. Etc etc. It feels like a chicken-egg problem: I can't schedule a hair appointment wtihout having a babysitter lined up, but I can't just line up the babysitter hoping there's a hair appt available. How do people do this?? Just have their babysitters call their hairdressers and work something out?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Can your sitter give you a list of days/times that they're likely to be available and then you try and get appointments that will work? Waiting to make appointments until you've booked the sitter seems kind of destined to fail (unless you can plan way far out in advance).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:50 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Yeah, I suppose that's the route I should go. I'd also like to expand our pool of sitters, but after the last really meh experience with somebody new I got really burnt out on that.

Anyway, I was very grumpy this morning until V finally fell asleep. I feel about 100x better now (she'll probably wake up any second, but man it's been crazy lately).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Argh. 3 year olds.

So, Tzipi wanted to stay home today. We decided we wanted to go for a walk to the park, and it's mild enough, so as soon as Lydia woke up, we got everybody suited up and headed out. We get to the park, it's not too chilly, there are some big boys playing that Tzipi is fascinated by... it's all good. Yet SOMEHOW, despite having fun at the park, it not being too late, and having had a monster snack before going, it was forking meltdown central on our way home. She basically inched her way home, sobbing dramatically, except for the block I had to physically carry down because she'd stopped moving all together, while every well meaning busy-body stopped to tell me she looked tired.

We get home, finally, I shove lunch down her throat, and get ready for nap. Except, oh wait, we are not interested in nap time. Not one little bit. All through lunch she kept telling me emphatically that she had been crying because she was tired and needed a nap, but suddenly she's forgotten about that.

Anyway, I told her she had to stay in her room and play quietly by herself. I'm aiming for an hour, but I doubt that'll happen. Goddamn it. Why does EVERY SINGLE outing always have to end in disaster? Just once, I'd like to go to the park, play for an hour, turn around, walk home in a manner normal to human beings, and arrive at our front door without me having to cajole, threaten, yell or drag her down the street.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, my sympathies. I'm trying to gear myself up for three. Terrible twos, my asparagus. Give me a tantrumy toddler anyday. Those whiny, stubborn as hell three year olds? Whew.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Oh gosh, we had almost that exact same day last week!! *hugs*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:01 am 
Naked Under Apron

refinnej wrote:
Oh, my sympathies. I'm trying to gear myself up for three. Terrible twos, my asparagus. Give me a tantrumy toddler anyday. Those whiny, stubborn as hell three year olds? Whew.

4 has been the hardest for us by far! I wasn't even fazed by 2 and 3.

My vent: Raygold pooped 7 times yesterday!!! 7 times! This kid hardly seems to eat, but damn, that was a lot of poop. Twice it got on himself and the floor because of the dingleberry situation. Beetroot pooped twice, too. I feel like all I did yesterday was wipe poop. We're almost out of rags and I had to do an extra load of laundry. I don't mind doing laundry, actually, since I do a lot already, but I haven't done a load that was mostly poo-rags since Reggie potty trained!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

New house rule... If you are not the person doing the dishes, you do not get to complain about the dishes. Okay thanks bye.

(This fully applies to the 12 year old who stockpiled a sink full of dirty dishes in her room. But also everyone else in my house right now).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Urgh.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:08 am 
Seagull of the PPK

kfad wrote:
New house rule... If you are not the person doing the dishes, you do not get to complain about the dishes. Okay thanks bye.

(This fully applies to the 12 year old who stockpiled a sink full of dirty dishes in her room. But also everyone else in my house right now).

replace dishes with laundry, and you have my life right there.

Reply to topic  [ 4229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 170  Next