| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 139  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Congratulations, Inceptisol and MT!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:03 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Yay! Everyone is awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

Well done MT, You ran a marathon!!! Hope you're feeling okay today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:03 pm 
Chip Strong

Awesome job guys!

Hope your legs are feeling okay today MT!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm 
Saggy Butt

Super congratulations, monkeytoes! You finished! And with a great time. So awesome. When's the next?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 am 
Dead by dawn

Thanks everyone! Next up is triathlon season, but I'd like a second crack at the 4:15-4:20 range. Maybe the Seattle marathon in November.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Congrats monkeytoes! So awesome that you made your B goal!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

Training for the Lake Tahoe Relay in June.
Today I did 5.2 miles in an hour.
I'm happy since I haven't run a constant 5 miles in over a year. Whoop Whoop!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm 
Saggy Butt

Nice one AlmondMJ.
I did a half hour cliff top run in a howling gale. I wore my new trail shoes for the first time so the wind didn't seem so bad!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm 
Chip Strong

Trying to finally get back into running again after my stress fracture.. I've only run a handful of times since my half in November. Things just keep getting in the way, but this time I'm sticking to it god damn it.

Today was three slow miles. Plan is to do it again Wednesday and Friday. Maybe Sunday, too if my legs don't feel like death. I'm suppose to run a 7k with my sister in three weeks. Hopefully this will motivate me to keep it up this time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Back at it...again. Hamstrings still touchy, but I'm going to ease through it. I started a loooong (six-month) run/walk training plan...today's run/walk was just 3.4 miles and included a lot of walking intervals, but it makes me happy. The moon rose to the east over the mountains as I was (slowly) heading home...and close to home I heard a screech owl calling.

When I've kept it up for a month, I will treat myself with a new pair of running shoes.

Congrats Monkeytoes on your first marathon. Sooo cool and *such* a great time! Triathlon or bust, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:51 am 
Dead by dawn

Yup! Last week I was off, this week is easy, next Monday all my workout says so far is "Giddy up!" I think I'm in for it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm 
Saggy Butt

I had my first outdoor run before school today. It's finally light enough by 6am. It was a frosty morning & I nearly backed out but I'm so glad I went. It has just been a full moon so it was just starting to wane & was really low in the sky. 2 red deer stood watching me before running & leaping through the field & then as I ran round the corner towards the sea there was a stunning red sun emerging over the sea. Beautiful. I'm so glad I braved the minus 1 temperature. It was so spectacular I didn't really notice the cold!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I'm having a hard time getting into a running routine. I go to a gym a couple of times a weeks on various classes and weight lifting, and I don't want to give that up to much, however, I want to run as well. Let's see how it will go! I do like running but never seem to get into the groove.

I was out running yesterday, below freezing as always but the sun was shining so it was really lovely. I ran 4 K. First downhill, then uphill. 30 minutes, felt like I was crawling uphill. I plan on running a 10 K in late summer here in town.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

pannkakan wrote:
I'm having a hard time getting into a running routine. I go to a gym a couple of times a weeks on various classes and weight lifting, and I don't want to give that up to much, however, I want to run as well. Let's see how it will go! I do like running but never seem to get into the groove.

I was out running yesterday, below freezing as always but the sun was shining so it was really lovely. I ran 4 K. First downhill, then uphill. 30 minutes, felt like I was crawling uphill. I plan on running a 10 K in late summer here in town.

Where do you run? I'm just asking because if I'm not mistaken you live in Örebro too, right? Where do you find hills around here? Where I live it's just flat all around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 am 

Love Child wrote:
pannkakan wrote:

Where do you run? I'm just asking because if I'm not mistaken you live in Örebro too, right? Where do you find hills around here? Where I live it's just flat all around.

Brickebacken!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 am 

I let an IT band injury get the best of me this winter, and am just now trying to get back into running. 3 miles today with a short break at the 2-mile mark. I'm just worrying about doing too much, too fast. It's been a huge problem of mine in the past, so I want to get back into this the smart way.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

alice1drland wrote:
I let an IT band injury get the best of me this winter, and am just now trying to get back into running. 3 miles today with a short break at the 2-mile mark. I'm just worrying about doing too much, too fast. It's been a huge problem of mine in the past, so I want to get back into this the smart way.

I have the same trouble. I just throw myself into it and I go too fast too often. I've been trying to vaguely follow the guidelines I've seen for training for long races (a half marathon for me) by doing slightly increasingly long distance runs on either Saturday or sunday and then a run of somewhere between 2-5 miles a couple days later along with the regular training I do (hill running, stadium climbing). So far I've been achey and my foot has been complaining but over all it hasn't been too bad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am 

lillianp wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

I have the same trouble. I just throw myself into it and I go too fast too often. I've been trying to vaguely follow the guidelines I've seen for training for long races (a half marathon for me) by doing slightly increasingly long distance runs on either Saturday or sunday and then a run of somewhere between 2-5 miles a couple days later along with the regular training I do (hill running, stadium climbing). So far I've been achey and my foot has been complaining but over all it hasn't been too bad.

Yeah, that seems wise. My issue is that mentally and cardiovascular...ly... I can totally run 5 miles or more, but my legs are all, "Really? Really? I don't think so," and become injured in some way, setting me back even further and driving me to sadness. I'll have to incorporate yoga and strength training to help make up for what I'm not yet able to accomplish on the greenway, but it's likely for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

alice1drland wrote:
lillianp wrote:
alice1drland wrote:

Yeah, that seems wise. My issue is that mentally and cardiovascular...ly... I can totally run 5 miles or more, but my legs are all, "Really? Really? I don't think so," and become injured in some way, setting me back even further and driving me to sadness. I'll have to incorporate yoga and strength training to help make up for what I'm not yet able to accomplish on the greenway, but it's likely for the best.

This is why I am forcing myself to follow a run/walk training program this year and building up only very slowly. The mind, heart and lungs are fine and have plenty of capacity, but the tendons are less forgiving. I have doubts that I'll ever be able run non-stop for long distances...but better to be out there doing something than doing nothing!

Be gentle with yourselves and respect your bodies!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm 

I signed up for runkeepers free training plan 10 k sub 65 minutes. I need to get myself into running and I think this will be a good way to do it. I have a friend who is doing something similar so I will tell him to nag on me. I run 4 k in 30 minutes now so I'm not starting from the beginning but almost. Looking forward to the first run tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:31 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Ran a half marathon today in 2:06, which I was psyched about since the second half was uphill. C'mere under two hour half marathon time, I'm gonna get you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:34 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

luckyklutz wrote:
Ran a half marathon today in 2:06, which I was psyched about since the second half was uphill. C'mere under two hour half marathon time, I'm gonna get you!

Awesome job! That sub 2 hour half is my goal too. Maybe this year?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

rohai wrote:
luckyklutz wrote:

Awesome job! That sub 2 hour half is my goal too. Maybe this year?

Thanks! I'm signed up for a half in May, so maybe then!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:17 pm 

Dude, that is awesome! Well done!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3469 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 139  Next