| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Sam was sick 2 nights ago. We went out for dinner and then he started acting so unlike himself. Went to bed on time... woke up with a tummy ache a few mins later. Got him back to sleep and then I passed out around 8:30pm with Eli next to me. Around 9:45pm I get awoken by Sam sitting up in bed, a worried look on his face and then, he gets on all fours and you can imagine the rest... It was all the way down his pj pant leg. Eww... and hubby was at work til 1am. Eli woke up. I had to nurse him while dealing with Sam's poopage (eww!). But poor little guy. Whatever made him feel bad might've been something at dinner time, mixed in with the fact he was overly tired for the 2days prior. And yesterday morning he woke up totally fine. So I'm thinking it was food poisoning of some sort.

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am 
Semen Strong

Oh yikes stuck! That sounds horrible!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:11 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I am having so much anxiety today I can't even tell you. I showed up super late to work (and now I'm PPKing!) because I needed some calm space to just be first before I started taking care of other people. Now I keep checking my phone for a response over and over.

My mother is definitely the sort to ignore uncomfortable things, but I think she will have a hard time ignoring this because I was like, deal with this or your life is about to get really uncomfortable (like, I'm going to tell our extended family about it and the shiitake will totally hit the fan). Also, that I was really serious about non-negotiable things and the possibility that she might not be able to spend time with Malka. My husband really feels like she loves me in such a way that she wouldn't let our relationship fall apart and that she'll respond appropriately. I don't know. I've forwarded the final version to my sisters so they can back me up when she calls them first to complain about me, which seems likely given the history.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

aw hugs Ariann. I hope your mom really takes the things you said to heart, and I am very glad you have the support of your sisters too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm 
And you never will.

So sorry you're having wait anxiously, Ariann. I hope you get some resolution soon so things can move forward <3

My randomness: (Let me just preface by saying that poopiebaby pretty much stays naked from the waist down all day when we're at home.) Anyway, I am letting poopiebaby play a game on my phone, and just a minute ago I hear him giggling really hard so I look up and he's sitting on the chair, his legs like a frog out to the sides, the phone sitting directly in front of him, and he is using his penis to manipulate the phone screen. He thinks it is hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh my God. I didn't have to wait long. She responded in an incredible way. I have never heard her apologize so much, claim so much responsibility, admit regret, or admit her acting out of denial over the years. I am completely blown away. I don't know how I'm going to get any more work done today at all!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:22 pm 
Semen Strong

OMG Poopie, that is hilarious! Gives a new meaning to the word joystick....

Sending good thoughts Ariann. It is really brave of you to confront your mother, and be clear about your boundaries. I hope you get a good outcome.

I don't know if this is something that would work for you and Mr A, but could you have all emails from your mother forwarded to Mr A? That way you aren't sitting around expecting a response because it wouldn't be coming to you and your partner could triage it if its really terrible.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:34 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Ariann, that is wonderful. I'm glad you got such response from her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh yay Ariann! Your post hadn't loaded when I posted my thoughts, obvs :)

Glad you got the outcome you wanted!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:52 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I still don't know what happens after this! Do I just want an acknowledgment and openness and apology? Do I want something else? I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:13 pm 
Semen Strong

What did you ask for re your step-father and Malka? Did she say she'd adhere to your requests?

I would think you'd want some clear, enforceable boundaries around that issue, if you haven't made that clear already.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ariann, that sounds so positive! Good on you for getting it all out there!

pb, that is the most funny thing ever!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* It sounds like a good step, Ariann. And good luck focusing on work, I know that can be so hard when there are more pressing personal things on your mind!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm 
Naked Under Apron

poopiebitch wrote:
My randomness: (Let me just preface by saying that poopiebaby pretty much stays naked from the waist down all day when we're at home.) Anyway, I am letting poopiebaby play a game on my phone, and just a minute ago I hear him giggling really hard so I look up and he's sitting on the chair, his legs like a frog out to the sides, the phone sitting directly in front of him, and he is using his penis to manipulate the phone screen. He thinks it is hilarious.

I think Poopiebaby and Beet are in cahoots, that is totally something I could see Beety doing!! And the first thing my kids do in the morning is to shed their (under)pants. I have trouble keeping either of my kids in (under)pants for very long (I've recently started trying to enforce a pants-at-all-times rule), but, man, let my husband watch them and their pants are GONE. I have so many cute videos (I try to film them from the waist up or get underwear on, but it's usually a fail of some sort) I can never post because of the penises. ;p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Hahahaha! I can't post cute pictures of Leela nearly as often as I'd like because we also have a toddler-enforced no-pants rule, so all my pictures have a butt in them. She was bouncing up and down on the dog singing and I was laughing so hard, but you can't video it because its basically a little pink butt wiggling all over the place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
Hahahaha! I can't post cute pictures of Leela nearly as often as I'd like because we also have a toddler-enforced no-pants rule, so all my pictures have a butt in them. She was bouncing up and down on the dog singing and I was laughing so hard, but you can't video it because its basically a little pink butt wiggling all over the place.

AHAHAHA when did this start? I missed the no pants party?!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 am 
Naked Under Apron

I post a lot of butt photos! I just don't share the ones that have penises in them (I've had to do a lot of cropping). ;D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

How did I just discover coconut oil as baby butt balm?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Heh. We use olive oil on F's butt, but use coconut oil on her skin now. She is really fascinated by it herself actually..the whole liquid/solid thing. Science in a tub, baby!

My favorite bit lately? We're at the store..I'm pushing the pram, Freya's walking. I get what I need off the shelf and say "Okay baby, we need to turn around and go get the bread". Freya's sorta in her own world, so I say again "let's turn around and go this way". I then turn my head to see her "turning around" in circles, giggling. Good stuff.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:03 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

yep anything coconut scented prompts D to say: "It smells like Baby Sierra!"
I've started using it on D too now just as a lotion after bath because hey, it's all natural and its way cheaper than my fancy Lush lotion!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 pm 
Semen Strong

You have all been so nice while I was freaking out about L's stomach, so I wanted to thank you with this. Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

hehehe. i particularly like that there is a disclaimer at the top letting us know it's sarcasm :P although i suspect the last one might be true...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:55 pm 
And you never will.

The other night we went out to eat to celebrate Mr. poopie's birthday. We were getting a lot of strange looks from other patrons when poopiebaby ran in and jumped into the arms of the restaurant owner (it's our favorite restaurant, we go there a lot I guess!). Then we got a lot MORE strange looks when my food came out (that I was sharing with poopiebaby) and he suddenly shouted "idli and dosa! oh YAY!"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Hey folks!

One of my closest friends just told us she's pregnant! I'm super excited for her but it's still really early, only 2 months. I really want to do something nice for her (not necessarily baby related, just something to say congrats or something that will be helpful to her in the next few months) but I'm also hesitant that it's too soon. Should I wait until she's farther along? I would take her out to lunch or something but we live several hours away so that's not really feasible.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:32 pm 
Semen Strong

If she told you, then it sounds like she is eager to celebrate with you and she doesn't think its too soon! :) I am sure she would love any expression of care that you were to give her, whether its a phone call where you ask how she is feeling and let her be excited or sending her a card or a small gift.

Reply to topic  [ 2127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 86  Next