| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boulder
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:33 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I'm flying to Denver. I'm getting picked up by my host in Boulder.

So I'll be taking the bus from the Denver airport to Boulder.

I might have a few hours to kill.
I don't think there's a definite place I have to be, so I think there's several different bus stops I can hop out at.

I'll be on foot.
Bookstores, coffee shops, etc? What ya got? It might be in the 50s so I'm not opposed to being outside, but I'll have my travel bag and laptop case in hand.

We just might go out to dinner in Boulder when I am retrieved, so hit me with the restaurant suggestions too.

Post subject: Re: Boulder
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Native Foods cafe is a good restaurant in the 29th st mall. It also has lots of shops around. Sun Deli & Liquor has an awesome vegan buffalo chicken roll, but it's not particularly in walking distance of interesting shops. Tee & Cakes has a vegan cupcake every day if you're interested in sweets. Have fun!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:06 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Maybe get off at the 16th Street mall near Broadway and bum around there? I like the teahouse and the museum of contemporary art, and love Leaf so much for lunch or dinner. Here's a list of vegan friendly restaurants in Boulder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

This may be a little late, but I'll chime in about a few places. These places will be randomly scattered throughout the city, so use your judgment.

Restaurants: Sun Deli and Native Foods are great places to eat. There is also a new-ish brunch place called Julias Kitchen on the edge of town. The food at Leaf is good, but I almost never go there because it seems to be a lot of money for not very much food.

Bookstores: I love the Bookworm, but its in my neighborhood and sort of out of the way on the NE side. But it has great turnover and I have found lots of stuff there. Red Letter Books on Pearl St is great, and has the feeling of a crowded in old bookstore where you think all the inventory might suddenly come crashing down in on you. Boulder Book Store is a large independent mainstream bookstore here, but is not without its charm. Trident is an excellent place to stop, because on one side there is used books, and on the other a great selection of coffee and tea.

If you aren't afraid of a little walking, what I would do would be to get off downtown and stay on Pearl. Along that street you would be able to hit Trident on one end, with Sun Deli on the other, and BBS, Red Letter in the middle, along with tons of cafes/stores/etc.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:03 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Might be late too, but if you're on Pearl Street, Falafel King rules, but for the true Boulder experience I'd hit up Mountain Sun. Except for Wednesdays their frier is only used for fries (Wednesday is Fish Fry, after which they drain the oil) and they have a tempeh reuben with vegan 1000 island dressing. It's super good, and the beer is legit!