| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 103  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I love reading all these updates. Miles is finally letting me get some computer time to see what's going on on here.

Miles is now 21 months old. He's a beast. He's super sweet and funny but can be super fresh and bad. He was so excited talking on the phone with his dad that he bit me the other day! He loves watching older boys at stores or parks and especially if they are being mischievous. He's the kid who's parent have to drag him out of the store when the tantrum is just too insane. This kid is going to be trouble! He is very athletic, loves trucks and buses, is doing really well with speaking/learning english and italian and he loves his sister so much.

Reno is still 5. Her ability to sound out words is wonderful. Her frustration with it at the beginning of Kindergarten was a bit heartbreaking but she is thriving now. She's very artistic and still loves to dance and do gymnastics. She's getting to the age where she doesn't want her brother around her when she's playing in the house. As a big sister I completely understand. I feel a bit sad for Miles because none of us in the house were/are a younger sibling so we don't know what that's like but I think we are handling it well. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm 
Semen Strong

Your kids are SO beautiful! And so tall! Its always amazing to see how much siblings look alike too, and you can definitely see the resemblance here!

Great update <3!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ask Reno when she wants a playdate with Malka again! Are you up for after-school playdates or is that too much craziness?

Malka is going to be 18 months tomorrow. I will save my update till then!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:23 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Reno would be so happy to see Malka again. After school is great. Just not on Tuesdays (dance) or Friday's (gymnastics). We should go to a park when it warms up or something. Leela too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Miles looks like trouble even in the photo ;). They both sound like amazing kids.

And eek! 18 month Malka!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I love that picture Jenna!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

annak wrote:
Look at Little Miss Head Control there! Cute onesie, too!

haha sometimes I wish it was as easy to be impressive as an adult - 'whoa, you're holding your head straight, congratulations!!'

Miles and Reno look so alike [and both completely beautiful!]

Good luck containing your rolling boy, stuck!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Diaper changes are getting very uhm, challenging? This baby wants to be on the move. So unlike his big brother who was content happily being in our arms or swaddled or laying down. This kid? Not so much. He wants to already be walking. Geez louise! I have a 4yr old to run after... slow down baby boy, you have time! Or more like, mama needs more time lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

As promised, Malka is 18 months today, so here's an update! So far she won't let me take a good picture of her today, so we'll have to wait on that.

Size: She's between 22 and 23 pounds, up from her distressing weight loss escapades a few months back. I think she's 31"

Movement: This kid runs, climbs everything, can jump and catch air on her bed and the sofa, has incredible hand-eye coordination and great control of her fingers. She hardly ever stops moving. She likes to dance, but is also shy about it. She seems to have good balance, which is lucky for her, what with the climbing and all. On the other hand, she has passed the point where she refuses to lie down for any reason. She will now not only allow me to change her diaper lying down (thank God), but will get her own diaper and lie down for me without my asking.

Speech: We've lost count of her words, but there are a lot of them. She understands Hebrew, but won't say any words in it (except "booba" for her doll). She also knows and uses half a dozen signs. Several months back she experimented with putting a couple words together to make a sentence, but she's not into that trick anymore. She knows and can say the "names" of her grandparents and the frequently-seen aunts and uncles (in person or by skype). She does a lot of talking that we don't understand at all, but it's so clear she's trying to have real conversations now. Her newest (clear) words are: bounce, jump (you can tell what skills we're working on here), and (Uncle) George.

Sleep: She sleeps in her own bed in her own room! Generally it takes half an hour to get her down and she wakes up once during the night and either comes into bed with us or one of us goes to sleep with her. It's awesome and I highly recommend sleeping children. Even though I'm dealing with some wicked insomnia now, I feel better not having to worry about her sleep as much.

Toileting: She now communicates when she's about to fart or poop with the toilet sign and the word poop. She says "bish" for diaper, which I think is "peas/pish." She requests diaper changes frequently, usually unnecessarily.

Food: Still picky, but branching out a bit. She is eating much greater quantities. When she wakes up from her nap we're going to take a trip to the store and find this kid some plant milk to start drinking! I'm eager to say goodbye to formula!

General temperament and other fun stuff:
Malka continues to be one of the happiest kids who ever was. She smiles all the time - especially when saying "no!" She is very excited about her newfound ability to climb onto high surfaces like the kitchen table and the armchair in our living room as well as all that bouncing and jumping she's been doing. In the past month, she went on her first plane trips (mixed success), put her feet in the Pacific Ocean, met her maternal grandfather and another of her aunts, was fussed over by a gaggle of vegan ladyfriends of mine in LA, and celebrated her second Purim. Her favorite playmates these days are our downstairs neighborkids, especially the 3-year-old boy who puts trains together with her. She is now very good at putting together her IKEA train set.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 pm 

Ah, she sounds just awesome! Congrats on the getting sleeping and eating sorted out some. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

aww Malka! great update

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

that is a good update :)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:47 pm 
Chip Strong

Malka's such a cool kid! Requesting unnecessary diaper changes makes me laugh so much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor asked us today if he could get a hair cut. I'm feeling a little emo about it!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 pm 

Malka sounds like she would be a cool kid to hang out with. Glad to hear she is doing so well!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:40 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i love three. it's tough, but so fun. tzipi is like, i dunno, this PERSON. with, like, memories and opinions and stuff. highlights from this weekend (visiting family) include going dress shopping with nana and auntie sophie and convincing auntie to buy her a ruffly pink tutu, ADDING correctly when playing cards with papa, dance parties with auntie sophie to which the rest of us were not invited, long stories about her cats and daycare and also understanding and remembering plans for the weekend, and only having one potty accident in a whole 4 day long visit with a whole lot of stress and busyness.

lydia is a charmer. she is still fully in blob mode, no interest in rolling or tummy-time or anything but examining her hands and giggling, cooing and smiling at anyone who will hold her. also, she might be teething. she has those little white spots on her bottom gums that i remember from tzipi, but 3.5 months seems way way too early for teeth. ugh.

i really got to appreciate what a blessing children are this weekend. my grandma died last week, and while it was easier to carry on while at home, being with my parents in our hometown and going to all the places where we'd normally see her, just made my heart break all over again. my grandpa is 92 and not in great health and is just absolutely devastated, as are my aunts and uncles and my dad... they were really all quite close to their mom. anyway, my sister is overseas, and my other cousins are all still unpartnered and childless, and so my kids were the only little ones at the funeral. and i really could see how much comfort they brought to everyone there. my grandma has been telling all her friends at church about them since they were born, and so all these older people that i barely know knew all about my kids and wanted to see them and hold them and talk to them. and my grandpa spent a lot of time watching tzipi run around in her "funeral tutu" (she has a black sparkly tutu and it was literally the ONLY thing i could convince her to wear that wasn't obnoxiously pink) and it was probably the only time he smiled all day.

sorry for going on. just didn't know where else to put that little bit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 am 
Bathes in Braggs

zahara's new trick is dancing on the living room window sill. i have a small heart attack every time i bust her doing it :/

and wow, tzipi is adding? that's amazing. lij is four and he can count, but no adding!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:37 am 
Semen Strong

Oh Littlebird, I am so very sorry for your loss. Your family sounds very close and loving, and it sounds like everyone adores Tzipi and Lydia. I love that your grandmother told everyone about them - they must have been such a joy and comfort to her.

I love hearing about Tzipi's progress, three sounds like such a fun age!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Tzipi sounds like she had a good time. But I'm sorry it was all under sad circumstances going there...

I wish we'd had more time together on Friday. I think Samuel was finally opening up to wanting to play with her. Now he keeps asking when we'll see "my friend zip" again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:38 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Haha that's so cute! We will definitely have to meet up again soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Yes! Just lemme know :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am 
Nooch of Earl

So sorry to hear about you grandmother, LB. But I'm glad that Tzipi was able to raise everyone's spirits a little.

Sounds like Malka is doing fantastically!

Violet's been learning animal sounds lately. (Pay no attention to the cat humping my slanket in the background)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

annak wrote:
So sorry to hear about you grandmother, LB. But I'm glad that Tzipi was able to raise everyone's spirits a little.

Sounds like Malka is doing fantastically!

Violet's been learning animal sounds lately. (Pay no attention to the cat humping my slanket in the background)

So sweet and so smart! And I love that haircut!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:00 pm 
Semen Strong

That is so great! Vi is getting so big! I can't believe its been a year since our get together at Soy and Sake! Also, I had to watch the video twice to spot the slanket humping :)

Love reading all the updates! I would totally be emo if Leela asked to cut her hair! Glad Malka is doing so well!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aw LB. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. But that's so sweet that Tzipi could bring a little light to the situation.

(And I hear you about 3. 3 is the best so far!)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 103  Next