| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm 
Nailed to the V

Oh! And I liked the part of Lineysha's message on the mirror: "Latino shade"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That was one of the weakest Snatch Games of the entire series. It seemed like most of them just chose someone pretty and hoped they could get away with it. It was like they'd never seen the Snatch Game episodes. Like Jinkx and Michelle said, they should know when they get chosen to be on the show that they have to prepare for it, so it's a little ridiculous that so many of them had no clue what they were doing. It almost makes me a little mad thinking about it - it just seems to get worse every year when it really should be getting better.

I kinda go back and forth with how I feel about Jinkx, but I was really glad she won this. I think Alaska and Roxxxy were the only other girls who knew what they were doing. And that was pretty shitty of Coco to try to insinuate that no one knew who Little Edie was to try to make Jinkx look bad.

I have no problem with Lineysha going home. I'm a little surprised she made it this far, tbh. And I reeeaaalllyyy don't like Alyssa. I don't like her look and I don't like her attitude. I really hope she corks up again next week and gets sent home (though I'm sure someone I actually like will go home next week).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

At least this time around the Snatch Game was not embarrassing to watch (Jiggly, I am looking at you).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

kfad wrote:
At least this time around the Snatch Game was not embarrassing to watch (Jiggly, I am looking at you).

I don't know gurl, that Marylin thing was pretty embarrassing to me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, Marilyn and Katy Perry. If you're gonna impersonate someone, you need to know their cultural references.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:58 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

detox totally deserved to be in the bottom but i enjoyed watching lineysha lip sync more than detox...i just can't take her lips and the quiver thing.
admittedly i counted jinks out in the beginning, what with that whole narcolepsy schtick, but it looks like she's in it to win it.
jade is so tired and so are roxxy's runway looks. michelle is going to start calling her out on the boobs and asparagus hanging out outfits soon.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:55 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I agree that Snatch game is actually getting WORSE. Let's review:

Season 2 suckage: Morgan, Sonique, and Tyra were all boring and brought no life to their characters, Juju did okay, everyone else did well. There was no season 1 Snatch Game, so they did not know when they auditioned that it was coming so really, this should've been the worst.
Season 3 suckage: Carmen was boring, Delta's Cher was kind of flat, Yara's Amy Winehouse was so bad it was hilarious (which I think actually saved her), and Mariah's Joan Crawford was...well, at least she tried.
Season 4 suckage: Kenya and Milan both went with the crackhead version of their character and flopped, Phi Phi and Jiggly were crassholes but at least they tried to be interesting, Latrice was boring, and we didn't get to see much of Dida's Wendy Williams because she was dead in the middle, but her voice was spot on.
Season 5 suckage: Alyssa, Ivy, Detox, Coco, and Lineysha were all dead in the water. Flat. Jade was the only one truly in the middle, they didn't show much of her, but she was definitely doing that Taylor Swift gaping mouth of shock aplenty.

Also, you guys, I love Ke$ha. She is actually pretty funny and if I were Detox, I would've had a whiskey bottle tucked in my bra and some toilet paper and cigarettes butts in my hair, and at least eight more pounds of glitter. She could've spoken in a fake autotuned voice. The peeing stunt was out-of-place and was just interrupted things.

That seemed to be everyone's problem really. Ivy was just Ivy in a blonde wig. Coco was doing the voice but she could've busted out some Rhythm Nation moves/quotes. And that wardrobe change did NOT work. Just because Chad did it with the wigs last year didn't mean it was going to work for you no matter what! I don't know who Lineysha was doing, but I know it wasn't funny. I've never seen that Braxton reality show, but I still could tell that Roxxxy was really in her character and I thought it was funny even if I didn't get the catch phrases. It's a look, a voice, and references to the person you're playing. It's also parody, so you should be BIGGER and EXAGGERATED. Which is why you shouldn't just pick someone on looks. I don't think Ivy could've won with Marilyn Monroe no matter what, because no one would be laughing if she was like, tossing back bottles of pills and shiitake. But she could've done so much better.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

One thing that really bugged me about the critique...
I am a PNW girl. I am at drag shows more than I should admit. There is a whole lot of Jinkx's drag that is very regional. The glamor thing... that look she had on the runway. That is here, that is what we see all the time. That really is real PNW glamor. Now... should she turn it up and do a pageant look? She really must. I just feel like some of the judges are not as aware of the regional differences in drag.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:25 pm 

Yeah, I think they should've been more specific and said 'put on giant hair and a sequined gown' if that's what they meant by glamorous.

They finally put up the bonus scenes, Alaska, Jinkx, and Roxxxy shine even more and everyone else flops ever harder (Jade gets to say something, omg!):

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/883810 ... id=1702734

Although they show Detox with a toothbrush and a bottle of whiskey so I guess she did have a few props. And Downtown Julie Brown was on Drag U, so that joke was even more correct to do.

Speaking of Jinkx, has anyone posted the mini-documentary about her?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm 
Nailed to the V

I don't think I posted that video before, but that's what made me fall in love with Jinkx pre-season. She has such a nice...way about her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm 

I want to make Jinkx posters out of magazine clippings and glitter and hang them up in my bedroom.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:32 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Garrick wrote:
She has such a nice...way about her.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I want to make Jinkx posters out of magazine clippings and glitter and hang them up in my bedroom.

omg. squeak.

I'm in love even more now. *quivvers*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 am 
WRETCHED

I haven't seen this show but I saw Netflix has it and well RuPaul is awesome.

I just watched that video and it illustrates perfectly why I could never be glamourous. The makeup application alone made me tired and putting on multiple pairs of stockings? I can barely convince myself to wear 1 pair when the occasion arises. Pretty cool though, I think the only documentary-like thing on drag queens I've seen before was something RuPaul did many, many years ago. (and I think it was just a pretty expansive interview talking about the process and tools of the trade)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Okay, I am really done.

Roxxxy keeps coming out in stuff that is the exact same cut. At least 4 times. And Alyssa's look was just the same as Jinkx's last week. Where was the read? What is going on. I am so irritated at the inconstancy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kfad wrote:
Okay, I am really done.

Roxxxy keeps coming out in stuff that is the exact same cut. At least 4 times. And Alyssa's look was just the same as Jinkx's last week. Where was the read? What is going on. I am so irritated at the inconstancy.

Yeah, it kinda feels like Michelle just doesn't want to like Jinkx. I agree, Roxxxy's looks are really same-y.

I'm also starting to think they want to keep Coco on for the drama. I'm over her and Alyssa, and I'm tired of her getting another chance after she totally drops the ball. So she can turn it out in the lip sync - BFD. But she's been average at best for a while, and it sucks that she's now been given a third chance when that was the first time Jade was in the bottom two. And frankly, I preferred Jade's performance. Coco was a little all over the map - if she'd actually been singing (which I recognise isn't really the point), she would've sounded like shiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:37 pm 
Nailed to the V

I get the impression that they're trying to set Jinkx up as the underdog who goes on to win. She's really talented but the editing doesn't give her a TON of credit. They haven't had an underdog win yet, but this year I can't really see a clear frontrunner.

I watched an hour-long elimination lunch video where Michelle and Jade skype and have people ask questions and whatnot. Michelle called Jade out on her reading Alyssa last week, and it was a good segment because Michelle LOVES Jade. Definitely wishful thinking, but
Spoiler: show
at the end Michelle said something like "All I can say is this is not the end of Jade Jolie, this is the beginning of Jade Jolie, you're going to see plenty of Jade Jolie" etc. and Jade shook her head and smiled maybe like 'are you sure you can say that' SOOOO banking on her making a return. Plus, this episode sort of set that up with the whole coming out story/crying sequence (now more people will want her back!) and the Untucked "I wish I'd done this differently" line. And now RPDR can have its cake and eat it too, stretch out the Coco/Alyssa feud a little more AND have a worthy contestant return! Anyway. Not trying to get my hopes up, but please. Josh theorized that MBH will be the one to come back since both the other two who came back were trans as well. And maybe nobody will come back! Who knows!

I didn't think of that kfad, but Alyssa's outfit was SO similar (and not as good) as Jinkx's from last week. None of the Judges like to say anything bad to Alyssa and I don't get it.

Also, sorry to keep talking about Jade but she looked SO CUTE this WHOLE EPISODE.

I wanted Jinkx to win the challenge instead of Ivy.

This episode was hard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm glad Ivy won - she was starting to fade into obscurity and I was worried that she'd be the next to go. Jinkx was a little off in the singing, her outfit wasn't great, and it looked like the top half of her face was darker than the bottom half.

Also, Roxxxy's boobs are starting to reach Shannel levels of fake-ness, and this particular outfit didn't help. I kinda liked her at the beginning, but now she's starting to work my nerves.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:06 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I didn't get to watch much of the lunch today. But I totally see what you are saying. It makes a lot of sense.

And I really hope you are right about setting up Jinkx as the underdog. Because I love her and I won't hide that.

Jade is adorable. I just don't think she is ready for the bigs, ya know. Give her two years of steady work... and really I think she has massive potential.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:24 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

i knew jade was going home the moment the main challenge started. she was drab the whole way through.
coco vs jade, they both have iffy attitudes and the lip synch performance was equal but coco has the alyssa drama and the producer will want to milk that a little longer. speaking of which, i'm TIRED of the coco and alyssa drama.

sick of roxxxy. said it last week but i'm saying it again.
it was super shitty of detox to pick on alyssa for having back fat when detox admittedly had so much worked done (seriously..silicone shoulder, biceps, 6-pack, lips, eyebrows, cheekbones..etc). it once again proves that those who pick on other people's looks are just broadcasting their on insecurities.
love that michelle called out the whole rolaskatox clique thing.

i like jinks but she needs to work on her runway looks. i just don't buy into the whole it's a PNW look.

i got teary eyed twice during the untuck episode. alaska has no chance of winning..maybe she'll be in the top 5 at best. having auditioned all 5 times for the show and being picked after sharon won season 4, come on. such a shitty thing to do but she'll be constantly compared to sharon no matter what unless she does something drastic that defines her as alaska instead of sharon needle's partner.

alyssa dad's message was touching too.

michelle will always find things to nitpick. judging on pass seasons, she loves to call queens out for not being glamorous and makeup shading. she'll have her favorite but it's not michelle's drag race. neither michelle or ru are consistent by any means.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:04 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I keep feeling like I need to double check that my friend John is out drilling oil wells. Roxxy looks, sounds so much like him, and has the same vocabulary that's it's really unnerving.

This season is kind of boring compared to prior seasons. I don't think it's the show; I'm just not wowed by many of these queens. Maybe Jinkx.

I'm not seeing any Pandoras, JuJus, Ninas (<3), Sharons, or Rajas here.

Jade seems sweet, and she is certainly pretty, but she always seemed so sad and uncertain that I found her kind of painful to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
This season is kind of boring compared to prior seasons. I don't think it's the show; I'm just not wowed by many of these queens. Maybe Jinkx.

I'm not seeing any Pandoras, JuJus, Ninas (<3), Sharons, or Rajas here.

That's how I feel. Even now I still couldn't guess who might be in the top 3 because no one really stands out to me. They (generally) don't have the kind of personality that really made some of the earlier queens pop. All they have is drama, and I'm over it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:45 pm 

So Jade and Detox have both done porn. More than anything, i'm shocked that this is the first season where i've heard about it. Maybe it's all of the VH1 shows i've seen, but I always assume at least one cast memeber on any reality show has done porn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This is one of the more boring seasons, at least to me, maybe that's why they keep giving us this coco and alyssa drama. I hope Jinx sticks around longer. I feel bad about how she's being treated by the others. Also, I totally do not mean this in a bad way, but one time when she was talking to camera and she had her hat on and hair in her face it totally made me think of what it would look like if Duckie and Andie had a baby.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:12 pm 

For reference, Gloria was on Willam's show on The Stylish a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh that was a train wreck.

But I loved that Alaska finally broke out and showed what she is made of. Jinkx looked fabulous. And I hate hate hate that Coco was funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next