| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

annasrobbie wrote:
Can I just lament that as soon as I started in earnest trying to lose weight Avocados (probably one of my favorite foods in the universe) went on sale at 10 for $5. I have never seen them that cheap before. I bought them with the plan to feed them to my baby - I have now in the past 3 days consumed 3 avocados myself. This will probably reflect poorly on my weekly weigh-in :( Darn the creamy deliciousness.

It's good fat! I wouldn't sweat it too much. As long as you're not eating 2-3 a day ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm 
Impressive boner

Weight loss plans are on hold at the moment. We're moving house in just over a week so money is tight, therefore we're just trying to make meals out of what is in the cupboards already rather than buying in more stuff. The plan will begin again in earnest at the start of April.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:11 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Fork. Since Friday, I'm not one pound over where I started 2 months ago. I don't understand how it's possible to gain back 8lbs in a few days. I did go off plan a bit, but nothing totally crazy. Im positive Id still have been well within the extra weekly points. Not only am I up on the scale, my measurement losses are gone too.

I really don't understand at all. I'm really crushed today, so I blew it further by erring tortilla chips.

My motivation is totally gone now and Im not sure how to get it back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

lavawitch wrote:
Fork. Since Friday, I'm not one pound over where I started 2 months ago. I don't understand how it's possible to gain back 8lbs in a few days. I did go off plan a bit, but nothing totally crazy. Im positive Id still have been well within the extra weekly points. Not only am I up on the scale, my measurement losses are gone too.

I really don't understand at all. I'm really crushed today, so I blew it further by erring tortilla chips.

LW, I've had that experience, it sucks. Bodies are weird and it could just be doing something for a couple days. Just keep following plan and ignore the scale/measurements for a couple days. For me, it usually comes back off. It could just be your body and bloating & water weight or something. But in any case, try not to worry about it too much! (and can you say the same thing to me when it likely happens to me??)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I will agree that weight I gain fast will usually come off fast too. Not that it isn't "easier" (ie more fun) to put it on! It's definitely discouraging. A lot of water could help, especially if it's bloating related.

My own efforts are pretty meh at the moment. I'm not gaining or losing, and honestly should just feel lucky I'm able to maintain considering I hurt my back and can't exercise and PMS is fueling some raging choco-cravings. One thing I am really proud of is in the last week I've had two successes as far as deciding I was full and not finishing what was on my plate. Perhaps that doesn't sound like a big deal but I am a total clean-my-plate kinda gal, and even if I recognize I'm full sometimes I stop eating just long enough to get some more room in my belly and finish those last bites. Couple days ago I threw away 1/4 of a Chipotle burrito, and last night I had a few chips and hummus and called it quits. Yay me!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 pm 
Semen Strong

My husband made me oven roasted potatoes as a treat for lunch - 3 white potatoes roasted in about 1/3 cup of olive oil with rosemary. I ate it because it was a nice gesture, but it was 900 cals of fat and oil that I really didn't need. We had been having a rough few days, so it was a peace offering. I do feel sick, because I've now eaten too much oil.

I have gotten better about throwing out L's leftovers rather than eating them, because I hate seeing food go to waste, but I need to get better at saying "Oh thank you, but no thank you." to my partner.

I am not making myself wrong for eating what I did, but more for not clearly communicating that something didn't work for me, and just eating it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

The scale is not budging this week. Do I think that's because I have my period and feel unbelievably bloated? Yes, yes I do. Speaking of which, OW.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

lillianp wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

LW, I've had that experience, it sucks. Bodies are weird and it could just be doing something for a couple days. Just keep following plan and ignore the scale/measurements for a couple days. For me, it usually comes back off. It could just be your body and bloating & water weight or something. But in any case, try not to worry about it too much! (and can you say the same thing to me when it likely happens to me??)

Thanks. I know you are right. I say the same thing to people, and I even believe it when I say it! But when it's me in the situation, I stop thinking rationally.

I was up all night with stomach pain and probably am super bloated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:21 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending good thoughts, LW! I definitely have those moments. Most women's cycle plays havoc with water retention an resulting weight gain. I like that Sparkpeople has you do measurements every month, because if you did them more often, you'd drive yourself nuts. And if you're on any medication or have health stuff going on, it just throws a further wrench in.

Don't let the tortilla chips get you :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm 
WRETCHED

Tofulish - I had a similar problem with my husband when I would ask him to pick up some General Tso's from WF and then I realized how many calories were in them so then I stopped asking but he knew I liked them so he'd surprise me every so often. Eventually I had to tell him not to buy it unless I specifically asked for it. I know he was trying to do something nice but ugh.

And whatever I've been doing has not been working so time to switch things up again which means... going back to calorie counting. UGH. I hate it but without it, I seem to snack all day long. And I need to exercise more. I thought I was getting sick, even had a coughing fit last night but I seem ok today so I took a long walk and started on a strength training program.

And I talked to my mom last night in which she wanted to talk about who gained weight, how she gained weight, how she needs to lose weight, how her legs are so fat... I just can't. Last time I had talked to her, she had went to a family party a few days prior and talked about everyone and their weight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Aww, I love general tso's. I assumed it wasn't to bad since Gardein works out pretty nicely on WW because of the protein.

I really want to make something similar at hoe, but always fail miserably.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
WRETCHED

I think each piece is 70 calories which is quite a bit (for the size). It is just a bit high in fat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Oh well. At least I don't have the opportunity to eat it anymore. The Springfield WF has the most pathetic assortment of vegan deli items possible. I wish I could go to the Alex one. That one is only 2-3 miles from my work, but coming home from there adds a solid hour to my commute; it's nuts. They have pizza though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Down 2.2lbs this week! This is great! Eating more calories than I normally would too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Probably like a lot of people, I get bored in the evening and want to eat after dinner, even though I'm not really hungry. I've turned into an evening tv person for the first time in, like 20 years (no kidding) and holy shiitake am I susceptible to what people in tv land are eating! The detectives order subs? I wanna go rustle around in the kitchen and make a sandwhich. The romantic date is set at a chinese place? All of a sudden, potstickers sound delish. I have actually lost 3 pounds in the last two weeks, which kind of amazes me because my willpower seems to disappear the minute I turn the tube on. I know, I know... I should quit turning the tube on, but my life is in kind of in a flux right now and tv is comforting.

What do you all do to fight the late-evening snacking? More water won't work in the PM; I already get up once a night to pee.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:32 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Also, I made the cauliflower/spin lasagna from AFR...sooo filling! Score!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Your post made me laugh; I am so susceptible also.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:21 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Tenacious LD wrote:
What do you all do to fight the late-evening snacking? More water won't work in the PM; I already get up once a night to pee.

I try to pre-plan all of my food logs and include either (a) a snack or (b) 200 free calories or so to be used on a snack TBD.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:25 am 
Semen Strong

If I'm eating a snack or a splurge, I try and be really conscious of enjoying it and chewing each bite. If I'm feeling guilty about eating something then I tend to eat really fast, like I'm mostly swallowing a donut without chewing it more than about 10x. So I've been trying to remember to chew - when I worked with a holistic health counselor (1've done 2 diff individual programs) that was a helpful little trick. It means that I'm giving my tummy time to realize its full and my tastebuds time to enjoy it. I love bagels but if I eat one slowly, I am satisfied, otherwise I eat 2.

I feel like my eating has been so out of whack for a few years, so if I want something, I still eat it, I just track it and try and learn from it. So yesterday I had a glass of almond milk with 4Tbsps of chocolate chips for about 300 cals. Prob not the best choice, but I can look at why I wanted it (sugar slump at 3, period, having a very salty lunch, being tired) and figure out if I can get the boost from a bit less - like maybe 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips melting into a bit of quinoa instead.

I'm losing weight, because I have so much to lose and that is gratifying. But I'm trying to find joy in the process and learning, bc I know at some point the scale stops budging for me :) and I want to keep staying with it and not just throw in the towel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ugh. I am totally off track. I had been using my cousin's wedding as motivation so I could wear the dress I already had, and it was great. But that was in December and after that work picked up and I just had no 'reason' to keep track of what I was putting into my body....and now I have gained back about 5 pounds that it took me about six months to lose...and my mom keeps going on about her food and weight and my sister's and just ugh. Really, telling me that no one wants to be the fat sister is not helpful. But I know she means well so I don't ask her to stop. This past week I have been watching what I eat more and I have found I don't eat enough during the day and then at night I stuff myself even after I'm full.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Tofulish, my husband has always told me to slow down when I eat.. (like many of us on here, I can be crazy gassy- he's out for self-preservation with that comment) so it's interesting to hear that this works for you. And also that a health counselor told you to try this. I know I often wolf down my meals, which is ridiculous after I spend so much time preparing them.

I have been noticing my craving for olives after I've had a bunch of sugar...thinking about WHY I have might be having cravings is enlightening, for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Limone wrote:
Tenacious LD wrote:

I try to pre-plan all of my food logs and include either (a) a snack or (b) 200 free calories or so to be used on a snack TBD.

I really should just work room in for a snack then. Because it's tempting to just say "fork it" and eat waay too much at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:46 pm 
Semen Strong

TD, the worst thing is that I feel guilty and bolt high calorie "treats" and then I eat twice as much as I would if I just ate slowly and enjoyed it.

linanil wrote:
I think each piece is 70 calories which is quite a bit (for the size). It is just a bit high in fat.

This is where I get the most unpleasant surprises - I get prepared food that seems like it should be healthy and then I enter it into SP and it turns out to be higher in fat than anticipated. WF had sesame tofu that did that to me - I don't know why, but it seemed healthy when I looked at it and then I found out "DERP! its fried tofu sprinkled with sesame seeds that are basically just oil."

With the snack thing, I used to keep a bowl of cut veggies in the fridge for my toddler to chew on over the summer and it was easy to go for those when I was hungry. I snack out of boredom not hunger, so keeping healthy alternatives close is the winner for me. And when I am tired, I often confuse feeling like I need sugar for being tired and the sugar is just a way to keep my body up later by giving it an extra shot of energy. I'd be better off going to bed. And putting things like chips somewhere that I can't reach them or not buying them at all. We keep a lot of the junky food in the cellar, so I have to really really really want it to go get it. The worst is when my husband goes on a junk food binge and keeps snacks in his bedroom - I can consume 1000 cal easy in cookies and cake and barely even enjoy it.

Last edited by Tofulish on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:48 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tomorrow I will NOT go to lunch with the other people at work. And I will still leave the office. And eat my oatmeal. I can do it *crosses fingers*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

My parents have so much junk food around the house and it's a big reason why I was ok maintaining my weight when I lived alone, but it's harder now.

Potato chips are my big downfall. My mom always has so many around, and once I get started, then I get hooked and buy my own.

I've asked them to only get nonvegan food, like sour cream and onion, or Doritos, and that's been helping, I guess.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 145  Next