| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 304  Next
 Post subject: Re: What nail polish are you wearing?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Zoya posted the summer 2013 PixieDust colors: http://zoyanailpolish.blogspot.com/2013/03/zoya-pixiedust-nail-polish-summer.html

Have any of you gotten anything from the spring collection? If so, what do you think of them? I have a couple on my wish list, but I'm not sure if I'll like them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I've decided that I need Dior Lime. I passed on it because I didn't want bright, Spring colors back in November, especially for $23 that I could splurge elsewhere.

But, whaa whaa whaa, now I want. And everybody is, of course, long sold out.

I am waffling on the Chanel Hong Kong colors, Western Light and Eastern Light. I can afford them if they are my only splurge for this month. But I sort of want bright, happy stuff now abe those are do,IRS I would wear and love in the fall. Too bad dropping lattes from my life has only made me break even from the payroll tax increase.

I'm wearing Suspicious still. I've had so many compliments, it's nuts. My students, other teachers, everybody at the hospital from the nurses to the anesthesiologist. People must really like deep magenta fuchshia colors. It is a nice color, but I wouldn't have thought it the most comment worthy color I've ever worn. Of course, anything named after a Hitchcock movie has to be great, right?

I'm going to wear my favorite fuzzy soft grey sweater next work day (it fits again! It was a teensy bit snug on arms and a teensy short; amazing how much nicer it fits after losing only 6-7lbs), so I'll do Riva (pale blue gray with a plasticy milky finish--the only polish I've broken my "no backup bottles" rule for). Riva reminds me of snow flakes and icicles.

I've realized that my nails have suffered since I got addicted to those quick dry drops. Now, I don't take the time to do a proper job on my nails, which sort of defeats the purpose of doing my nails in the first place (it's always. Even relaxing and kind of therapeutic).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm not a fan of that pixie dust finish. It looks like a cross. Between sandpaper and the marks you get from bed sheets on not completely set nails. Ick. But, I am pretty traditional (read: boring) when it comes to different polish finishes.

Their promo shots look very heavily photoshopped. The swatches Scrangie did werent as appealing.

That pale lilac color is gorgeous though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

LW! This made me think of you!!

http://basecoat-topcoat.tumblr.com/post/44637204385/what-a-druzy-get-stoned-part-4-if-you-cant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

ndpittman wrote:

That is some serious talent!

Although, I hate the layout of that blog (edit: tumblr). Why would someone do that?

Last edited by Nicole on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:15 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Holy cow! Awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

That's amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:17 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

zelavie wrote:
Zoya posted the summer 2013 PixieDust colors: http://zoyanailpolish.blogspot.com/2013/03/zoya-pixiedust-nail-polish-summer.html

Have any of you gotten anything from the spring collection? If so, what do you think of them? I have a couple on my wish list, but I'm not sure if I'll like them.

I just don't think I get this look, they look ok with top coat on, but without top coat it's just not something I'd consider wearing.

Book Luster wrote:
Kitteh-I used to read voraciously but it's been a casualty of my anxiety :-( Trying to find my way back to books. I do enjoy some YA and I might (???) have signed up on Goodreads. But I didn't fill out a proper page and now it's been completely neglected anyway.

I hope you can get back into reading :)

Nicole wrote:
Although, I hate the layout of that blog (edit: tumblr). Why would someone do that?

I'm not a fan of tumblr to begin and I feel like my eyes are trying to take all of those photos in at one time. But her nail art is amazing, she's so talented!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Kitteh wrote:
zelavie wrote:

I just don't think I get this look, they look ok with top coat on, but without top coat it's just not something I'd consider wearing.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I prefer my polish to be high-gloss. They're gorgeous with top coat, which is how I'd wear them. But I do really like the one that looks like beach sand - that's the only one I'd consider wearing as intended.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:07 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I just got an Ulta flyer in the mail. They're having a big sale and on 3/15 Butter London polishes will be $9!

http://www.ulta.com/21days/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:52 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

yay! i have been wanting a few BL polishes and the 15th is a Friday when I am over by Ulta to run errands! thanks for the tip, i have not gotten my flier yet!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:32 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I haven't bought any polishes this year besides my A England order - I just haven't been interested in a lot of the new ones that come out. Pastels really aren't my thing, and China Glaze's gimmicky 'transition' polishes...eh. I went to Sally's the day after V-Day to see if there were any of those collections on clearance, but they didn't have any. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a lot of CF polish collections being reviewed on the nail sites I usually check...

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm wearing It's Wine O'Clock! which is an OPI for Sephora color (one of my favorites! Seriously, check it out) with Deborah Lippmann's Let's Go Crazy on my ring fingers. I love it and need to take pictures before it gets messed up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have a bottle of Zoya Storm I've used once and it's just not me. Is anyone interested in swapping? I'd be up for a surprise in return, as long as it's not glitter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

YES! that's one of the only zoyas i want right now!

i'd have to think about a swap though, i would hate for you to be equally disappointed with whatever i send you. <3

...i'd definitely be willing to part with zoya dove (because i bought a different grey in the meantime, carey, that i prefer), but other than that i'd have to look at my stash and ponder. that's the only one i know of off the top of my head.

do you prefer darks? lights? certain shades?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:44 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Cool! I already have Carey and Dove (you're right, nobody really needs both)... I am well set on grays and blacks. I like pretty much everything color-wise, with the exception of browns/nudes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

zelavie wrote:
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I prefer my polish to be high-gloss. They're gorgeous with top coat, which is how I'd wear them. But I do really like the one that looks like beach sand - that's the only one I'd consider wearing as intended.

The sandy one would look good for a beachy mani!

So, I have bought a fair few bottles in the last couple of weeks! I emailed Ulta3 which is a low cost brand here ($2 a bottle) and they are cruelty free/vegan! I got: Pacific Fever, Mojito, Hollywood, Watermelon, Silver Grey

This is 2 coats of Pacific Fever - it has a faint glimmer to it

And today I bought Australis Space Jam, Kick the Bucket, Milky Way (looks a bit like DL Glitter in the Air) and Nail It! Love Potion (KtB and LP were on sale)

And, my A England order finally arrived! I got St George and She Walks in Beauty

And this is 2 coats of Sinful Colors Forget Now, I did the daisies with a dotting tool, Orly Lemonade & Barry M Matt White. I used a big dotting tool and they ended up too close together but I figure it looks like a patch of daisies rather than individual ones

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Okay, I immediately lied because I went to Meijer and they had some Color Club displays, so I bought this one:

http://www.didmynails.com/2013/02/color ... aphic.html

Because it was the most interesting color to me in case the holo effect isn't that strong. And then they had some striping polishes marked down to .74 cents, so I got a handful of those and they wouldn't scan at the self checkout, so the dude took all of the polishes to his little stand to enter manually. Then I got home and looked at my receipt and noticed he rang up the holo as .74 cents too. SCORE.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Nice, MBM! I don't own any CC, but I do like that pinkish holo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Is anyone getting the Illamasqua speckled polishes! This are cf/vegan, right?

They look really gorgeous. I'm tempted to try one.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Okay, I immediately lied because I went to Meijer and they had some Color Club displays, so I bought this one:

http://www.didmynails.com/2013/02/color ... aphic.html

Because it was the most interesting color to me in case the holo effect isn't that strong. And then they had some striping polishes marked down to .74 cents, so I got a handful of those and they wouldn't scan at the self checkout, so the dude took all of the polishes to his little stand to enter manually. Then I got home and looked at my receipt and noticed he rang up the holo as .74 cents too. SCORE.

So pretty! I have only found boring color club colors here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:57 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

So, I somehow stumbled upon this YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/elleandish? ... g-high-rec

These are great tutorials! They're so well produced, and fun to watch, and I think they show that you can end up with nice looking nail art even if you aren't perfect, which I always think I need to be when I see pictures. I have wanted to do a lightning bolt mani for a while, but i think I'll actually try it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:00 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

(I am avoiding doing any real work today)

Zoya Storm (currently touring the Great Lakes on its way to BlueDawg!)
BL Diamond Geezer
BL Chimney Sweep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Gorgeous!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:50 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Your nails look fantastic, Nicole!

Nicole wrote:
So, I somehow stumbled upon this YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/elleandish? ... g-high-rec

Her nails look awesome, will watch her tutes - thanks for sharing the link

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 304  Next