| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: the ANXIETY thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Urgh. I think my fears are right. I stupidly took a few online self tests for OCD because of my thoughts and things that I do. My next appointment with the doctor is in 4 weeks but I am off in 2 weeks time for a couple of days. I think I will try get my appointment brought forward.

I don't care what people say, sometimes insight really, really sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:19 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I managed to go into a coffee shop and sit today. Ok, there was only one woman and her two children, I had a support worker with me and I still got anxious. But I did it!

I've been getting daily acupuncture to help relaxation and I know the AP drug I am on helps with anxiety but I am gonna claim this as my own.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 pm 

Well done Sarah-Jane! You definitely need to claim it as your own. AP's will only do a bit of the work but it was you that got out and actually done the task. Well done again xxxx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

so i finally asked somebody to call around to doctors for me. gaaaaaaaaah. i don't know if i should find a sliding-scale psych right off the bat or if i should try a general practitioner first. what have you guys had a better experience with?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:43 pm 

Here the routine is you go to a general practitioner first and they attempt to treat you unless it is something that doesn't react to initial treatment or is something beyond their scope, then they would refer you on to a psych. I think it is worth going to see a GP first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

daisychain wrote:
Here the routine is you go to a general practitioner first and they attempt to treat you unless it is something that doesn't react to initial treatment or is something beyond their scope, then they would refer you on to a psych. I think it is worth going to see a GP first.

thanks for the advice. i found out the low-cost center doesn't even have anyone available prescribe meds right now, so to the gp i go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I went to counseling services first. I didn't even think of going to a GP until my therapist suggested medication.

My anxiety flared up again tonight. It's odd, normally cooking is a release, but tonight I had to stop half way through a recipe because of the anxiety.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:40 pm 

My head is driving me bananas. I can't concentrate and the slightest thing is pushing me into a panic. I can't even think properly right now. Going to call the secretary tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment for early next week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:31 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

My brain has been going a mile a damn second for the last couple weeks, and I'm so stressed from work and this damn dreary winter, that all of my muscles are clenched all the time. I tried googling muscle tension, and almost all of the links it showed were anxiety-related. I've tried everything I can think of to relax: long, warm showers, drinking extra water, cutting back on booze and coffee, focusing on my breathing, favorite music on the walk to work. Nothing works for more than a few minutes.

I did some yoga at home yesterday, but I can never focus as well when I'm not in a class setting. Tonight, I went to a class for the first time in months. I nearly started crying 10 minutes in because my body was releasing so much shiitake. It was an amazing class. I'm still trembling from the workout, and I noticed I'm still clenching my jaw a bit, but I definitely feel better.

I had a biometric screening for work last week and was told I was pre-hypertensive. Scary. Time for a change! I probably just need a good long recovery day where I don't have to leave the house. I don't work Wednesday, but I have a doctor's appointment, so Saturday's the next time I'm really free to lay about the house and avoid everyone. It's also pretty likely that my thyroid medication is off, but I'm experiencing symptoms of both hyper and hypothyroidism. Stupid body. I have no idea what's going on with it any more.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:24 pm 

Hi Kara, *massive hugs*
I get the same, things only work for a few minutes then back to square one. A serious pain when I am trying to get to sleep, any of the distraction techniques require me concentrating that stops me from falling asleep then if I don't do that my head is on 100mph and I can't fall asleep. Thank God for meds is all I can say!

I wasn't doing too great last night with anxiety stuff. My mood hasn't been affected too much yet at least. I called the secretary this morning to see if I can get an appointment for next week. Going to be seen next Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Last night I had a panic attack while working on a weekly assignment. It's the first panic attack I've had since December.

I talked in class which took a lot to overcome, but my one on one discussion with the professor after class left me feeling super anxious. She made some comments that are a bit unfair and this made my depression a bit worse. Also, I'm now super anxious and second guessing my decision to come to grad school. I was feeling so much better after therapy on Monday, and I am determined to go the full six weeks without asking my therapist for help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:35 pm 
Chard Martyr

It was a silly walk-in clinic doctor's idea to taper me off my meds due to side-effects such as insomnia, weight loss, and exhaustion, but now I'm wondering what kind of crazy person messes with someone meds while they are 1) mourning the death of a friend, 2) working crazy hours to fund a honeymoon, 3) planning and having a wedding, 4) considering and talking about a big career change, 5) submitting a thesis (yes I have been doing that forever, and it is the biggest cause of my anxiety), and oh crepe, more. I was on the lowest dosage of cipralex and he made me feel like a drug addict (not to mention he insinuated that the weight loss of a relapse of anorexia I spend YEARS working to rid myself of and succeeded), so I meekly agreed, but this was just such a stupid time to do it.

I have an eye exam in 30 minutes and am considering not showing because I don't know! The fear of everything. What if I don't find parking? What if my eyes are diseased (they feel like they are!)? What if I don't have enough money in my account? What if I don't have time to get gas? Which gas station should I go to? All stupid stuff!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Vijita- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Also, you scared me about getting off medication. I was going to ask about it at my next appointment (I'm on 20mg of Cipralex). However, maybe I'll wait until I finish my degree...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:08 pm 

vijita.... that doctor is fairly darn daft! You are going through enough stress at the minute without having to deal with coming off meds!

I want to grab anxiety and kick it in the asparagus so bad. I started panicking about the slightest thing today for example... writing client progress notes, parking my car, doing my shopping. Managed to even talk myself out have making dinner again tonight because I was worrying about messing it up. Plain pasta 2 nights in a row because I can't manage to do a simple dinner up!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm 
Chard Martyr

Thanks guys! I'm sorry for scaring you finnophile. I am really bummed that going off the meds isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped. I know I should probably just wait it out. The second week is always the worst!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Hugs to you, Vijita. I wish I could help from afar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:22 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

vijita- No worries. I was terrified before starting meds. Also, good luck on your thesis. Grad school is stressful.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:43 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

I had been getting a handle on mine - only the occasional mild panic attack while driving or feeling completely overwhelmed maybe once or twice a week but I was doing yoga, running, watching my sugar and caffeine intake, eating healthy, sleeping better, and trying to talk myself down out of my panics when they hit. It was working... Then I got bumped from working part-time evenings with people I like to starting full-time days with people who are catty, rude, and lazy (someone with more seniority applied for the temporary position I was in when it got re-posted so I got stuck either not having a job or applying for hers). I start Monday and have been in a constant panic for the past week and a half. I feel nauseous and like crying all the time. I can't stop worrying about how I'm going to handle full-time when I was barely managing to keep my life in order working 7 days every 2 weeks. Then it spirals into worrying that this is going to have a huge negative effect on my relationship which, while stable enough, has been having some rocky patches in part due to me never being able to calm down enough to feel like being intimate. Again, I'd been working on it and had felt desire -while fleeting - for the first time in years but I feel this is just going to ruin everything I'd worked for.

uuugh. I just needed to vent. The boyfriend has been away for work for the past two weeks as well so I haven't had anyone to offload to or to distract me from my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:28 pm 
WELFARIST!

I have all of a sudden been having massive panic attacks lately and have been in a depression. It's been really hard for me to get out of bed lately and I haven't been talking to my friends much. I keep crying on and off and I can't get rid of these panic attacks. My sleeping has been terrible. I haven't been able to fall asleep until around 5am and then I sleep until noon and then lay in bed all day until work and then come home and lay in bed again. We had two days of good whether and I managed to walk my dogs those days for a bit but I still can't get rid of this. I feel so bad. I feel like it's ruining me. And I'm afraid to reach out to people because I don't want them to think I'm a complete mess and leave me. And I know that if they're willing to do that then they're not really friends anyway but I hardly think I'm strong enough right now to deal with losing friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:54 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've been having some serious generalized anxiety in the last couple days. Usually I can identify the source but the last couple days I think it was a conglomerate of issues and then just anxiety on top of that for no reason. I was just a huge mess by the end of yesterday. I got to talk to my guy and he just said not to be anxious (!) because I have a stable job, family & roof over my head. I know he means well but that was annoying (and actually kind of helpful-getting perspective actually helps me rationalize & process how I'm feeling).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 am 
Not NOT A Furry

i go to see the doctor on friday. i'm nervous about scaring her off with all my stuff. i tried to write of list of my symptoms, not all mental health stuff, and it's ridiculously long.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:04 am 

Oh shoot. I posted my mostly anxiety stuff in the depression thread yesterday. So yeah, had a crepe yesterday and remained in a state of panic until I went to sleep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:30 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've gotten to a point that I can realize when I'm stressed/anxious based on physical symptoms. Right now I have all the physical symptoms of anxiety, minus the panic attack, yet there is no real reason to be anxious.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:25 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

My anxiety has been bad lately. Major meltdowns / panic attacks every week. Not sleeping. It's time I do something about it, but the thought of going on meds or finding a shrink is stressing me out (will I have side effects, how much will it cost, what if the shrink makes me worse). Ahh, can't win! My poor boyfriend has been bearing the brunt of things lately, and he has no idea what to do with me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My anxiety is getting worse. The insomnia is acting up, I can't focus. It's probably because of the school work that's due (4 papers in the next 2 weeks) and a meeting at provincial offenses involving a minor violation that happened in December.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next