| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can We Bring Back The Dream Interpretation Thread?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I had a great one recently. I was walking in this super crowded building that was like a cross between a mall and a sports stadium. I was looking for my mother and I was getting increasingly frantic that I couldn't find her. I was screaming "Mommy! Mommy!" like a small child. A woman stopped and asked me what was wrong and I told her I couldn't find my mother. She said, "I'll help you. What does she look like?" and I said, "Well, right now she looks like a baked potato." We walked down to the lower level, which had a bunch of swimming pools. I pointed and yelled, "There she is!" And there was my mother, who was indeed a baked potato. A baked potato with arms and legs and a face. She was sitting with her friend, who happened to be a mushroom. I walked over to them, and my mom said to me, "I was going to take a swim in the gravy, but it's freezing! Feel this gravy!" and pointed at a giant bowl of gravy. I felt it and it was cold. I called over an employee and shouted, "My mother was going to swim in this gravy, but it is freezing cold! And this sandwich is terrible! Taste this sandwich!" I shoved a sandwich into his face and he took it and took a bite and agreed with me that it was a terrible sandwich. And then I woke up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wow RC, that is one wacky dream. There was a lot of food in it. Were you hungry when you woke up?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'm always hungry!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I love your dream, RC. it could be a TV show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:19 am 
WELFARIST!

Ha, RC, what an awesome dream!

As for me, the nightmares continue. I think I worked myself up so much about the one I had the night before that I had more. In the first one, I was sexing with my guy, but it was also implied that he was my father. Shudder. Like, so so so so gross and cringeworthy.

The second one was much longer and somehow even more intense. In it, I was with my guy, but instead of it starting the way it really did and being totally awesome the way it really is, he had kidnapped me and was keeping me drugged so he could have sex with me. At first, I struggled, because duh, but then I started to get all stockholm sydrome-y and feeling for him and giving in to the whole situation. It was terrifying and disturbing. He is not at all a violent person and doesn't do drugs or anything, so I don't know what the fork is going on with my subconscious.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 am 
Memorized Veganomicon

I dream a lot of being naked when I'm not supposed to be, and I usually discover it after everone else has. Then I feel ashamed and try to hide behind something and after that I start (trying) to justify my nakedness. I never succeed with that.

I also dream a lot of wanting to have sex. I find myself so close to doing it with various other men (exes or complete strangers, never my partner) and I feel so guilty in the dream, and at the same time I just want to be forked hard (pardon the language) by them. I feel so bad for wanting that but as my sexlife IRL is pretty nonexistant right now I suppose it's not so strange to dream that. I'm scared of my feelings and of what I want right now.

I'm so frustrated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:55 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I have this recurring dream that I'm in my senior year of high school but didn't sign up for a science class or social studies class because I have a job, and I can't graduate. I wake up very panicky. It's so real at times it makes me really think I didn't take those classes, but IRL I did! Weird...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

Because I'm reading the Richard Burton Diaries, I dreamt that I was hanging out with Liz and Dick in my dreams last night! Damned if I remember the details though. Water was involved, I believe I was on their yacht and Liz had a scarf tied around her head and wore the heavyish make up of the late sixties/early seventies. I remember I woke up to go to the can some time during the night, pissed that my bladder interrupted our cruise.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:29 pm 
Saggy Butt

I had a dream the other night that I was swallowing plastic water bottle caps like pills. The first five went down fine, but the sixth one got stuck and I had trouble breathing. Then I actually woke up and felt a little queasy.

I'm thinking the numbers could mean something. But what kind of weird thing do bottle caps represent?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm 
WELFARIST!

Last night, I dreamt Nicole Richie told me she and her boyfriend had diarrhea and asked me what she could buy at the drugstore to cure it. Cat Stevens with also in this dream (I think it was him) with long hair and beard--post what I believe was his religious conversion--asking me what the panhandler on the corner was giving away to everyone today (the panhandler was giving away face masks made of steel/metal that just covered the eyes--like Phantom of the Opera but less coverage). It's weird when you're not even sure you recognize the celebrities in your own dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:55 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i had a dream last night where i was trying to tell a friend about a story john hodgman had told at some comedy show, but i was getting it all wrong. my version wasn't funny at all, and other people kept interrupting to correct me or remind me of things i had left out, and the person i was talking to eventually lost interest and wandered off. during the dream it felt like i was talking about a show i'd really seen, but after i woke up i realized that that comedy show had been an earlier part of the same dream. so my brain remembered all the details; i mean, the other people in the dream were just relating my memories, which were clear and accessible to them but not to dream me. basically, i had a dream about how i'm a shitty storyteller and no fun at parties. thanks, unconscious. wouldn't want to forget that. or miss out on a chance to prove it to people by telling this really boring story about an uneventful dream.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:04 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am back to dreaming about overflowing toilets again. we are having lots of family strife and that's usually connected to it (i have also been reading endless freud and jung lately, which doesn't help. poo everywhere.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Helix wrote:
I dream a lot of being naked when I'm not supposed to be, and I usually discover it after everone else has. Then I feel ashamed and try to hide behind something and after that I start (trying) to justify my nakedness. I never succeed with that.

I also dream a lot of wanting to have sex. I find myself so close to doing it with various other men (exes or complete strangers, never my partner) and I feel so guilty in the dream, and at the same time I just want to be forked hard (pardon the language) by them. I feel so bad for wanting that but as my sexlife IRL is pretty nonexistant right now I suppose it's not so strange to dream that. I'm scared of my feelings and of what I want right now.

I'm so frustrated.

I think your latter dreams are fairly self-explanatory, but I just wanted to give a little internt hug, and say I hope things have gotten better for both of you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:45 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh! I had (what I consider) a nightmare about these craters, outside, one FULL of spiders of all shapes and sizes, and one full of frogs, that were intended to be made into supper by someone for me to eat! Grosses. I specifically remember the spiders, think there might have been a scorpion in there too, because there were like clippers or pincers on some, cutting at green plants to like try to threaten me when I looked at them. The frogs are not all that clear because they were invented or added to the dream just before I woke up. I checked out quickly the meaning firspiders in dreams, apparently they may mean good fortune. And have two interviews for two food and cooking positions I really want and would be great experiences. So I guess I am testing the interpretation of what I thought was a nightmare, possibly meaning good change of fortune coming, to see how it pans out!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Gyaaaaaaaaaah! Last night's gem from my subconscious: I was hanging out with a friend on whom I've had a ridiculous crush (in real life) for a very long time. We were in a room that looked suspiciously like the lunch room at one of the elementary schools I went to -- I think in grade 5 -- but it was a much nicer looking room than the actual lunch room that I remember, just set up in the same configuration. My friend said to me, "I have something for you, lemme go get it." They went off for a minute, then came back with something wrapped in white napkins and handed it to me. I opened it up and it looked like a tasty veggie burger. I assumed they had gone to get me this veggie burger because they knew they meal wouldn't be vegan, which was awfully sweet of them, so I thanked them a lot and then I took a big bite of the burger. Then I noticed my friend was laughing way too much. I gave them a strange look and asked what was up. They told me, "HA HA IT'S A SQUIRREL BURGER!!" I freaked out, burst into tears, and ran to go puke in the sink. I puked so much that I wrecked my throat and couldn't sing in my concert (which is tonight in real life).

:(

I never understand why my crush is always mean to me in dreams! In real life, this person is like...the least mean person I've ever met, I can't even imagine them purposely being mean to another human being.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:37 am 
Semen Strong

Fear of rejection?

Food is often representative of love and nurturance.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:43 am 
WELFARIST!

I had a dream a couple nights ago that I was having to choose between being with two of my exes, and that I really wanted to choose N, but that I was dating G still. I felt really guilty through the entire dream, and ended up in bed with a woman instead. In real, waking life, I often had dreams while dating G about getting back together with N. Still, when I woke up I felt so relieved because there were no secrets and no lying. I hate secrets and lying.

And last night I had a dream that I was making out with my dude. Plain and simple. I hope we make out later, because the dream was rather nice.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:23 am 
WELFARIST!

I feel like I've been having dreams involving Ricky Nelson. For those of you who don't know who he is, he was a teen idol in the fifties/sixties, the son of Ozzie and Harriet and and fairly successful folksy singer of the 70s who died in a plane crash on a New Year's Eve in the mid nineteen eighties. My dreams of him are all very vague though, I just sort of wake up with a sense that he was in them but have no idea what happened. I don't think it's anything sexual, I just think he keeps appearing in them. I'm not even sure, actually, I just wake up and think "Rick Nelson".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:50 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

obviously, it means that in your dream you were roofied by Ricky Nelson.
or was it a dream???

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:55 am 
WELFARIST!

torque wrote:
obviously, it means that in your dream you were roofied by Ricky Nelson.
or was it a dream???

Perhaps by his ghost! I don't know what the dream is specifically, but whatever it is is recurring because I've woken up thinking of him a few mornings here and there over the last several months.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 am 
WRETCHED

I've had so many crazy wild dreams this weekend but most of them were influenced by external forces. Like my husband and I are watching a couple tv shows set in the 1800s, then I had dreams set in the 1800s. I was thinking about a spy movie (lead is a female) and dreamt I was the female spy.

Then I was reading the TCBY thread and thinking of frostys. I then made myself a shake yesterday that I thought tasted something like a frosty. Then last night, I had a dream I went to Wendy's for a frosty. Somehow I ended ordering a double bacon cheeseburger as well, lost the cheeseburger, ordered another, found the original one so then had 2. I then had a bite of the double bacon cheeseburger and in the dream, I thought it was cold and tasteless. I had no idea why I was buying a frosty let alone a cheeseburger in the dream but somehow I felt I had to? I don't know, I was like, I don't want a burger, why am I ordering one? The funny thing being that I never liked fast food hamburgers, never cared for bacon and I don't think I've ever had a burger at Wendy's. So it was such an odd dream. I don't even think I ate my frosty in my dream.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:02 am 
WELFARIST!

I've had some weird ones lately. 2 over the weekend about teaching. In one I was treading water (wow, super hard to interpret that one) and trying to teach adults who were lined up around the outside of the pool and no one would pay attention to me. The whole area was lined by the backs of apartment buildings, or maybe a hotel, but there were all these windows facing the pool, and a long straw popped out of one. Someone told me to be careful, because the people there hated Americans (apparently I was in a different country?) and would spit dangerous things out of the straws. Just then a girl swam by the straw and some sort of liquid that turned out to be acid squirted out and I turned away, but some hit my arm and it burned like hell and then the air became hard to breathe, like when mace is sprayed. I woke up then.

In another, I was teaching a camp and just everything was going wrong, and my boss told me to quit wearing so much cologne, but I didn't have any on. But we could definitely smell it. Don't know why I had two dreams in a row where smelling/breathing were so emphasized.

And then! I had a dream that I was walking around eating a SHEET of meat. That's the only way to describe it. It was a big rectangle that went from my face to about my waist, and stretched from arm to arm. I just kept taking bites out of it. I didn't hate it or love it, it was just...happening. Totally gross.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:53 am 
WRETCHED

I think I figured out my dream! Not that I think all dreams have messages but I think it was just my dream figuring out things. I forgot in my dream that I had fries which is actually somewhat of an important detail but not really.

So I figured, what would omni me had at wendy's? A frosty is reasonable. If somehow I wanted a meal, maybe a hamburger (or cheeseburger) with fries but no frosty.

What is the most excessive food item I could think of at a place like Wendy's? A double bacon cheeseburger.

What would be the most excessive meal I could think of at a place like Wendy's? The above burger, fries and a frosty (or other dessert item)

What was the result of my meal in my dream? Unsatisfying

I think I find myself being a bit excessive sometimes in life and that includes things I purchase and it generally isn't a satisfying experience. So I think I found myself in my dream at Wendy's for a frosty but decided to go over the top and have what I'd consider a somewhat excessive meal and the end result was unsatisfying. So whether or not it is a message or my dream state extrapolating itself, it is interesting to see itself work through.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:08 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I dreamed that I was still lactating (a lot, like you do at first) and really pissed off about it. I actually told my friend in the dream "It's two years since I quit nursing, why is this still happening?!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I had a dream I was with my ex and his dad, we were in South Carolina where his parents live, and it was so very awkward and horrible because we were not together. Then I was on a boat by myself and it got swept out into the ocean (there were some pretty big waves) and I had no idea what to do. It was actually pretty scary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next