| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1337, 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1342, 1343 ... 1769  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

This girl who works at my bank that I talk to when I'm in there (twice a month) got my number for photo-taking stuff (like, she would pay me to take some shots of her) and she is abusing it! She started texting me this morning about non-photo related stuff, basically SMALL TALK, which is my worst nightmare, but at least via text I can roll my eyes and be a grump about it without hurting anyone's feelings. Anyway, she is trying to hang out with me. I mean, friends, yay, whatever, but I'm really standoffish and am a person who only has a very few very close friends that it took me a looooong time to get close with, and I barely even see them because I'm such a hermit and how do I convey this to this person who obviously wants to be friends (she just invited herself to my next bar-hopping adventure with my manfriend...?), but she doesn't...know me? Why would you want to hang out with someone you don't know at all? Is this how people make friends in the real world? I'm so inept.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

^I feel like she's the inept one in this circumstance, allular, not you. I don't know much about text etiquette though but if someone I gave my phone number to for a specific reason like taking pictures started calling me in a friends-making way without mentioning the picture taking and then started inviting themselves along on unrelated outings with people they don't know...I'd think that's kinda awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yeah, I'd think the protocol for friend-making is to invite the person to do something, not invite yourself along to something they're already doing. She seems awkward, and I'd feel super uncomfortable in your position (because I'm similar to you in that I'm a bit of a hermit).

I'm so ready to go. In fact, I'm ready for my holiday, but I have another 2 days and one hour before I'm on holiday. I just keep thinking about all the cakes and fake meats and cookie sammiches I'm gonna jam in my face over the long weekend. This is gonna be the longest 2 days and one hour since, well, my last holiday.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thinking of you, fisticuffs!
I've been in similar situations, and all I can say is: Sometimes things seem to put up a lot of resistance - if it's worth going to all that trouble, it's probably the right thing for you. Best of luck! <3

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am 

Yeah, dudes, that's what I was maybe thinking, just wanted to be sure I wasn't just being a mega bisque. Anyway, she asked when I'm usually free and I told her in a vague kind of way, but then she never responded. Maybe she chickened out and I won't have to deal with it.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 am 

Spoke too soon. She texted me to hang out next week, to 'plan' the photo shoot. Dude, all we need to do is show up in the same place at the same time and I will take your picture. I already explained to her that I don't have any fancy equipment, because MONEY, so we just would have to do outdoor/natural light and that I would just give her a cd with the images for her to print. What else is there to plan? She is making me feel super awkward.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:06 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

She seems a bit of a head wreak to be honest. I would reply to her and say... look to be honest I don't have a lot of free time so we are best to just go with such and such a day for the shoot.

I did the modelling for a photographer one day and there was no great planning. He just kept his eye on the weather for a suitable day and told me to have about 4 or 5 outfits, one being a white dress.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm 

That's basically what I told her. She said that she didn't think evenings would produce the best results for photos and I replied that the hour before sunset is the best time to do it, that I was going out of town for a day or two next week, and that I would text her with a more definite day when I had my schedule ironed out. She replied with 'Sounds good!!' and I didn't reply to that because, that's the end, right? And five minutes later she sent another that said that 'Thanks, J_____!!' No problem, girl, quit blowing up my phone, though!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, never mind. Sounds like it's resolving itself allular. <3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I get to do my first official write-up of abusing behaviour tomorrow! I would have done it today, but I had a meeting I had to keep. I probably should have, but I got the key points of it down on paper.

I'm still finding my way a bit with this job, and behaviour that is just about tolerated of some students would get others written up. Lots of first times. I've had such a piss-taking week, I might start getting totalitarian with all of them, not just some.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

allularpunk wrote:
That's basically what I told her. She said that she didn't think evenings would produce the best results for photos and I replied that the hour before sunset is the best time to do it, that I was going out of town for a day or two next week, and that I would text her with a more definite day when I had my schedule ironed out. She replied with 'Sounds good!!' and I didn't reply to that because, that's the end, right? And five minutes later she sent another that said that 'Thanks, J_____!!' No problem, girl, quit blowing up my phone, though!

Yeah, she is officially too much. That type of person knowing my number would be enough to make me want to change my number.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:23 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

The festival I'm helping to organize will have *two* vegan funnel cake vendors. It's really a beautiful world we live in.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

aaaand what festival is that?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Texas VegFest in Austin. There's also a bajillion kinds of ice cream and baked goods. And you know, salad, for people who are into that sort of thing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm 

daisychain wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Yeah, she is officially too much. That type of person knowing my number would be enough to make me want to change my number.

Ha, yeah I'm really hoping that after we do these photos that I am able to kindly let her down if she wants to hang out further. I should have just given her my damned email address, that's what I usually do. Much easier to ignore that.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So since I felt pretty much fine after my ordeal, I didn't take any sick days from work. They have this annoying absence system and I'm pretty much at the point now where if I have another one I'll get fired. Yes, even for legit absences! But I really did feel pretty okay.

In the past couple days though I've been really learning a lot about my body's limits in it's current state. I'm surprised they didn't tell me much about this at the hospital, but apparently it takes quite a long time to recover from major blood loss. I lost three pints, and they replaced one, so my body is still down two. Apparently it can take 1-2 months it looks like from my internet searching to recover from blood loss like this. Interesting. I mean, I'm not worried, I'll be fine! But it sucks because I'm normally such an energetic and enthusiastic person and my body is just not letting me be that now.

Discovering the symptoms of this is actually kind of interesting. One of the weirdest ones is I can't project my voice at all, and when my body starts feeling tired I speak pretty quietly. Going up and down stairs or lifting/carrying things is pretty tiring. I pretty much have to have some kind of beverage around at all times or I start getting weak pretty fast. Oh an annoying one is laughing tires me out really fast, I start getting a headache pretty fast with that. When I start feeling my weak symptoms I also start feeling pretty mentally delayed, have trouble connecting/completing my thoughts. Luckily my mental state feels totally normal at some points though, I would be super frustrated if that was constant.

I have today and tomorrow off work thankfully. I really want to vacuum right now but am trying to will myself not to, I feel like that will take more energy than I should be putting out. But ugh my house is so dusty and dog hairy!

Last edited by Mars on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

mollyjade wrote:
The festival I'm helping to organize will have *two* vegan funnel cake vendors. It's really a beautiful world we live in.

Oh my. It sure is.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Mars wrote:
So since I felt pretty much fine after my ordeal, I didn't take any sick days from work. They have this annoying absence system and I'm pretty much at the point now where if I have another one I'll get fired. Yes, even for legit absences! But I really did feel pretty okay.

In the past couple days though I've been really learning a lot about my body's limits in it's current state. I'm surprised they didn't tell me much about this at the hospital, but apparently it takes quite a long time to recover from major blood loss. I lost three pints, and they replaced one, so my body is still down two. Apparently it can take 1-2 months it looks like from my internet searching to recover from blood loss like this. Interesting. I mean, I'm not worried, I'll be fine! But it sucks because I'm normally such an energetic and enthusiastic person and my body is just not letting me be that now.

Discovering the symptoms of this is actually kind of interesting. One of the weirdest ones is I can't project my voice at all, and when my body starts feeling tired I speak pretty quietly. Going up and down stairs or lifting/carrying things is pretty tiring. I pretty much have to have some kind of beverage around at all times or I start getting weak pretty fast. Oh an annoying one is laughing tires me out really fast, I start getting a headache pretty fast with that. When I start feeling my weak symptoms I also start feeling pretty mentally delayed, have trouble connecting/completing my thoughts. Luckily my mental state feels totally normal at some points though, I would be super frustrated if that was constant.

I have today and tomorrow off work thankfully. I really want to vacuum right now but am trying to will myself not to, I feel like that will take more energy than I should be putting out. But ugh my house is so dusty and dog hairy!

Seriously, take it easy. Not taking enough time after a bad flu/virus bout is what set my illness off and I had to give up my business and completely change my lifestyle because of it. Vacuuming can totally wait!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm 
Dead by dawn

Mars! Take it easy on yourself until you feel stronger. No vacuuming, no carrying heavy stuff. Get plenty to eat; your body needs fuel to rebuild those blood cells. I mean, when you donate blood you're only down a pint and they won't take it if you've skipped breakfast and they won't let you leave without having a snack, and they tell you to get extra calories for the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Everything magical monkeytoes just said.

So, thinking an almond milk White Russian is a good idea. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mars, dust and dog hair will still be there when you have more energy. You rest up and eat well. I think your crush owes it to you to come around and look after you for a bit. Lot's of lovely home cooking and do some of your house work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:13 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

mollyjade wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
And someone talking about a flaky croissant or creamy bisque can send me into fits of giggles. And don't even get me started on shiitake soup.

There's a vegetarian food cart in Texas called Shiitake Swerve, and the ppk has made that so problematic for me!

Hah!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Moon wrote:
So, thinking an almond milk White Russian is a good idea. Thoughts?

I make almond milk White Russians all the time! Well, not literally ALL the time, because then I'd be really sick. But periodically, yes. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had the best Russian at a pub in Glasgow a few weeks ago. It was just a regular white Russian but with gingerbread syrup in it. It was magical.

I decided that I couldn't be arsed to cook, so I just had a big chunk of rye bread (store-bought) with Vitalite. It was delicious. I might also have a bowl of cereal just because I can.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I was in the same boat Rachel. I woke up from a nap craving something that I shouldn't have so I decided it was the perfect time to make peanut butter waffles. I ate about 5 of them over the course of the evening. Tomorrow I will make a proper dinner. Honest.

Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1337, 1338, 1339, 1340, 1341, 1342, 1343 ... 1769  Next