| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coupon Codes!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I thought it would be cool to post coupon codes that we find for vegan stuff. I know that ELF has, like, one a week that I get in my email, but I'm also thinking things from magazines or wherever you find stuff on the internet.

Because discounts rule.

I'll start with one for The Green PolkaDot Box from my Mary Jane's Farm mag (don't ask, my mom got me a subscription and the pictures are pretty). If you go to http://www.greenpolkadotbox/maryjane you can select up to $15 worth of stuff and get it for free with free shipping! The whole site isn't vegan, but there is a filter to the left you can click on for vegan products and there are 5 pages with of all sorts of things from boxes of bars to nuts to all things snacky. I got 5 products for $14 (or, free!). Just when you go to checkout, you have to use the coupon code mjsentme. You don't have to sign up for anything like a membership, just go through the checkout process and it'll say your balance is $0.00 and you don't have to put in your credit card info. I guess if you balance is over $15, you would pay the remainder.

What else you guys got? Free stuff!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post subject: Re: Coupon Codes!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 am 
ugh

This isn't exactly a coupon, but Ethical Ocean will give $15 free to signups that were invited by another member, and the member who invited them will eventually earn some money, too. Doesn't matter if the original member has never made a purchase, so you could easily just sign up once with one email and invite yourself with a different email. Or you can use my referral link: http://www.ethicalocean.com/i/z23knr

They don't have a ton of vegan stuff, but there are a few things, like clothes, jewelery, bags and vegan makeup brushes. Each product page indicates if it wasn't tested on animals and/or doesn't include animal ingredients.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

(people are more than welcome to post coupon codes on the wall of vegan coupons, so here are the most recent that had been posted:)

Hip Apotheca Inc. added a vegan section to their site, they carry natural and organic hair, skin, and nail care! You can also save $5 off your order with code CFF. They ship to the US and Canada.

Vegan Native American skin care-rocking the canoe and making the news- FREEBIRD coupon(free shipping) http://www.nativetouch.us/

and this one was posted a while back, so i don't know if it's still valid
30% discount on TLC Naturals vegan organic handmade hair products. Use code VEGTLC228.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tlcnaturals

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I love your vegan coupon FB page, SC! I just thought it would be cool to have a resource for it here as well, for non Facebook-y peeps.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:50 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Normally I don't hors d'oeuvre myself out over referral links, but:

Vitacost is a website that sells discounted beauty items, some (but not a lot) vegan food items (and it's mostly healthy stuff, not like Go Max Go bars or Tings), and vitamins. Their prices are sometimes better than amazon, at the very least they're about the same.

The have a Leaping Bunny section:

http://www.vitacost.com/cruelty-free

They also have a vegan section:

http://www.vitacost.com/all-vegan-products

But I find it incomplete as in, something I know is vegan (beauty stuff) will be in the Leaping Bunny section but not marked as vegan.

ANYWAY, they do free shipping over $50, and they have a referral program where if you refer someone and they spend at least $30, you both get a $10 credit. I got referred by a non-PPKer, and if you live in a small town it's a really useful site. I ordered moisturizer, a couple of bottles of conditioner, deodorant, B-12, and a few other things. I only plan on using it occasionally so I can get the free shipping, so I don't need a billion referral credits (I assume I can only use one $10 off code per order) so if I get a couple i'll take my link down and someone else can put theirs up.

https://www.vitacostrewards.com/hr2Otk2

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks allularpunk! I got a bunch of free teas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:14 pm 

allularpunk wrote:
Yeah, I love your vegan coupon FB page, SC! I just thought it would be cool to have a resource for it here as well, for non Facebook-y peeps.

oh, that's not what i was implying. i was just explaining where i got the codes from. sorry if it sounded like i didn't think a thread here would be useful. on the contrary. because i don't post codes on the FB page (as the page), they won't go get sent around to the newsfeeds of anyone following the page (they would only see it if they visit the page directly.) so this is good because it's in our faces and stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Thanks allularpunk! I just ordered a bunch of free chocolate and hand lotion from the Green Polka Dot Box.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:52 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You're welcome, everybody! Since I'm hearing what you got, here's what I got:
dried porcini mushrooms
gomasio (I have no idea what this is, but I got it anyway)
2 types of lentil chips with flavors that sound dairy-laden, but aren't
theo chocolate toasted coconut bar

Excitement!

supercarrot wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

oh, that's not what i was implying. i was just explaining where i got the codes from. sorry if it sounded like i didn't think a thread here would be useful. on the contrary. because i don't post codes on the FB page (as the page), they won't go get sent around to the newsfeeds of anyone following the page (they would only see it if they visit the page directly.) so this is good because it's in our faces and stuff.

Yeah, in our faces! Because I totally forget to visit the page, even though it is awesome.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm 
ugh

allularpunk wrote:
gomasio (I have no idea what this is, but I got it anyway)

It's toasted sesame seeds + salt, plus other seasonings sometimes. I like it sprinkled on rice.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

thanks allularpunk! I got Zevia, an oatmeal cup, a brown rice cup, a quinoa cup, and some apple cider vinegar because I use a ton of it.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm 
ugh

Yes, thank you! I also got the coconut chocolate bar and lentil chips, plus smoked sea salt and some active dry yeast to bring it up to $15.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:46 pm 

i'm checking out the green polka dot box, and they're claiming that one 32 oz box of almond breeze retails at $5.30. oh REEEEEALLY? why they gotta lie?
::edit:: also, the coupon code is all used up now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:30 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

supercarrot wrote:
i'm checking out the green polka dot box, and they're claiming that one 32 oz box of almond breeze retails at $5.30. oh REEEEEALLY? why they gotta lie?
::edit:: also, the coupon code is all used up now.

Really? I wouldn't think it would have a limit, since she has tons and tons of subscribers and it's available in stores. I wonder if just too many people used it at once, so it shut down for a bit?

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:34 pm 

nope, down at the bottom, it says limit of 1000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:53 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, haha whoops, the PPK broke it! Glad some of you got to use it before that happened.

Everybody keep 'em coming, though!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

wag.com - 20% off companion animal stuff with code: catster20

They have a lot of natural brands of cat food that Mar digs on right now, I thought it would be cool to share!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Eyes Lips Face

Lucky Charm Collection for $18, usually $40. Use code lucky at checkout. Ends at 2pm EST, so hurry!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:15 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Not to be a pooper, but I think that brush isn't vegan, the only ELF things that aren't vegan are the basic line brushes (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh, bummer. Still a lot of other crepe in that, though. You could give the brushes away?

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

the studio brushes are vegan...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Coupon code alert! There was some discussion on the food & cooking board about FakeMeats.com, and with some googling I found a coupon code for 10% off your first order: VEGLISTINGS

They sell Soy Curls and Primal Strips and other goodies. Be forewarned that their selection isn't 100% vegan, but you can easily filter by vegan products. I haven't ordered from them yet but they were answering questions over on the other forum and seem like a friendly sort, so I plan on placing an order with them shortly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Another one...

Get a free 1/4 cup jar of Berbere Seasoning with any $3+ purchase at Penzeys.com. Coupon code: 12836C (expires 11 July 2013, limit one per address/person)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:50 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i am so glad to see this- i saw the revival of an american apparel sale thread here today and nearly fell over myself only to find it was old. i require an online shopping spree this spring and anybody spots any clothing stuff too, that would be most welcomed!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:01 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

torque, it looks like there are still a bunch of cheap tees/tanks available through the American Apparel link so it may be worth looking through it to see if you can find something in your size! Not sure if they'll ship to your location though.