| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mascara
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been using the BarryM 3-in-1 for a couple months now and I'm going to be replacing it very soon. Not with another tube of BarryM, though, I didn't like it at all. It makes my eyelids greasy, it's sticky and gloopy on my lashes and doesn't add any length for me. I'll be going back to Ecco Bella or something, probably, from the Health Food store.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

I do not like the BarryM one as well. I felt it was to thick and sticky. I thought it was the cause of my lid rash so I switched out after a few weeks of using it...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 am 
Ninja Master

paprikapapaya wrote:
I've been using the BarryM 3-in-1 for a couple months now and I'm going to be replacing it very soon. Not with another tube of BarryM, though, I didn't like it at all. It makes my eyelids greasy, it's sticky and gloopy on my lashes and doesn't add any length for me. I'll be going back to Ecco Bella or something, probably, from the Health Food store.

I don't really like the 3 in 1 either but the lash modelling one I like a lot.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 am 
Baking In The Flavor

omg...Blinc Mascara Amplified!!!! just ordered it, i will post after i've used it. the regular formula was way too natural for me, hopefully this will be awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I tried the GOSH length 'n build, as it is easy to find here. It's okay. I liked my UD mascara better but it's drying up and old and I need a replacement. The GOSH stuff makes my lashes look longer, but they are not thick and super dramatic looking. I'll keep using it until it runs out, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:15 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Just saying that Eyeko mascara is awesome, love it so much so far. Beats the UD one for sure, for me at least.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:29 am 
Baking In The Flavor

la vie sale wrote:
Just saying that Eyeko mascara is awesome, love it so much so far. Beats the UD one for sure, for me at least.

is it just the skinny brush one that's vegan? i can't find the ingredients for the fat brush & the curvy brush one has keratin...does the skinny brush mascara volumize at all?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I think I read upthreads that their beeswax is all synthetic. The skinny brush one I have, and it volumizes but you have to build it up. I really like it, just hope it doesn't dry out too quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 am 
So Totally Yiffy

la vie sale wrote:

I think that one's next on my list! One of my friends has been raving about it, but I figured it wasn't vegan. I love the little squeezy tube!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

the new blinc mascara contains beeswax:(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:33 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sharky wrote:

Like a new one, or they changed the formula on the one they used to sell? Because the Blinc that has been around is my go to mascara for my bottom lashes, and I can't take any more cosmetic related emotional pain this year.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:40 am 
Baking In The Flavor

jessilikewhoa wrote:
sharky wrote:

Like a new one, or they changed the formula on the one they used to sell? Because the Blinc that has been around is my go to mascara for my bottom lashes, and I can't take any more cosmetic related emotional pain this year.

just the new one!!! they have a new one called mascara amplified. i didn't bother to look at the ingredients before ordering since everything they have is vegan:( they do have it listed as vegan on their website but there are no ingredients lists, although that's not where i purchased it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I tried the Eyeko skinny brush formula (I'm wary of their claim about synthetic beeswax, but I went with it), and am not a fan. Even after wiping the wand off pretty well on a tissue, it's tarantula city on me.

People who like it- is there some trick to applying it well? Do I need a little eyelash comb?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sharky wrote:
jessilikewhoa wrote:
sharky wrote:

just the new one!!! they have a new one called mascara amplified. i didn't bother to look at the ingredients before ordering since everything they have is vegan:( they do have it listed as vegan on their website but there are no ingredients lists, although that's not where i purchased it.

Maybe contact them, it could be a misprint on the ingredient list and it's meant to say synthetic beeswax. This is my wishful thinking on your behalf.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I saw Barry M has a new "Lash Vegas" mascara out. Have any of you UK-ers tried this yet?

http://www.barrym.com/products/eyes/las ... scara.html

Also looks like there's a "Lash Modelling Extra Black" which I've never seen before. I like the regular Lash Modelling and should order some new mascaras soon.

http://www.barrym.com/products/eyes/las ... scara.html
(you have to click on the little mascara wands at the bottom right to see the different types on this page)

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:36 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Blinc mascara http://www.blincinc.com/#mascara
They list that they're vegan and not tested on animals on their website. Not cheap, but this is the only mascara that doesn't smudge all over my face by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

my tube of barry m 3-in-1 is on its last legs, so when i ordered some new face atelier foundation from white rabbit, i decided to throw some BWC mascara in my cart as well. i picked the "full volume" version, in cocoa. we shall see. while i was at it, i also got a little sample of some BWC lipstick in a scandalous red i would never usually pick. i'm so wild.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Amy wrote:
I tried the Eyeko skinny brush formula (I'm wary of their claim about synthetic beeswax, but I went with it), and am not a fan. Even after wiping the wand off pretty well on a tissue, it's tarantula city on me.

People who like it- is there some trick to applying it well? Do I need a little eyelash comb?

I'm curious about this, too. I picked some up because my old UD Lush Lash finally gave up the ghost. The Eyeko is SO WET. I scrape every last bit of extra off the brush and it's still a mess. I've been using the brush from the Lush Lash tube to kind of comb it out, but I'm not impressed. I also grabbed some blinc for days I need waterproof and it's fine but way too subtle and unbuildable to be my go to. Ugh. Problems.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Cimanim wrote:
Blinc mascara http://www.blincinc.com/#mascara
They list that they're vegan and not tested on animals on their website. Not cheap, but this is the only mascara that doesn't smudge all over my face by the end of the day.

Ok I emailed them and they said it's vegan!

Last edited by Cimanim on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:49 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Quote:
Hello,
We are proud to say that we DO NOT test on our little furry friends! We also make sure that our manufacturers are not mistreating any animals as well. We strive to make sure that our products are of top quality, however we could never harm another living being to reach this goal. I can also say that there are no animal by-products in any of our cosmetic or skin care lines. We are not a natural product company but we do strive to make all our cosmetics TEA free, Paraben free, Gluten free, and Vegan if we can do so with our affecting performance.
I hope this information helps answer your question and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to let me know!
Have a great day!
All the best,

Karina Jacinto
Customer Service Representative
Blinc Inc.
1141 South Rogers Circle
Suite 9
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Tel: 877-454-7763
Fax: 561-300-2730
http://www.blincinc.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:55 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Wait a minute...Only their original one is listed as vegan. Trixy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

ELF's new mascara with the wonky bulb brush and big tube is nice. I like how the bulb let's me get into hard to reach lash spaces to get every lash.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Whoa. Tell me more because I don't think I've seen that one yet.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

It is this one:

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/eyes ... -1_mascara

Our local Targets updated their stock and had it in the mix!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

It looks like there's a Target trip in my future, which is perfect because I want more of the marker style lip stains elf put out too!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 578 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next