| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I'm really rooting for Alaska. Unless she does a major change-up of her runway look, she's probably not going to win, but I'd really like her to get to top 3. Even more than that, I want her to keep doing commentary on all the shows.

I thought Roxxxy's breakdown was utter bullshiitake. "Oh, I juuuuust now remembered, right before you say who stays and who goes, my mom left me and I feel unloved." Really, even the song was kind of bullshiitake, because the choreography for "Whip My Hair" is well...just to whip your hair. Alyssa would have wiped the floor with her on any other song. I'd like them not to, but I imagine they're setting it up for Coco and Alyssa to lip synch against one another at some point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Squeak wrote:

I thought Roxxxy's breakdown was utter bullshiitake. "Oh, I juuuuust now remembered, right before you say who stays and who goes, my mom left me and I feel unloved." Really, even the song was kind of bullshiitake, because the choreography for "Whip My Hair" is well...just to whip your hair. Alyssa would have wiped the floor with her on any other song. I'd like them not to, but I imagine they're setting it up for Coco and Alyssa to lip synch against one another at some point.

I am so glad you said that. I don't doubt that she was left by her mom. However, why was this the first mention of it? (That we saw). I watched Untucked and found it convenient that Roxxxy brought it up just after Jinkx brought up raising her brother. I feel that Roxxxy has it in for Jinkx. Maybe the insecurity is a front, but Roxxxy is the only one mentioning it.

And please, Roxxy has stirred the pot from the go. (Especially in the Untuckeds).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It made more sense after I watched Untucked, but it still felt really forced. I really wanted one of them to go home. I think they might be my least favourite (along with Coco) of the 7 left. But you could almost see Ru thinking, I can't get rid of Roxxxy because she just made a scene, and I can't get rid of Alyssa because DRAMZ.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:22 pm 
Nailed to the V

Roxxxy is continually overpraised, and in this episode, undercriticized. I don't get it. Her roast was so painful to watch I felt bad for her! I was impressed that Coco made a character for the roast and she was actually funny, but I thought Alaska did better overall. I thought Ivy would be in the bottom for sure, but that lip sync was AMAZING. It wore me out! Just like the double elimination, I predicted out loud a double shantay midway through this lip sync. I agree (even with the untucked thing) that it was too convenient for Roxxxy to use the crying card after the fact. But I do think they both deserved to stay. The double wig reveal was incredible. Alyssa always surprises me with her level of energy. I disagree with anyone saying this season is boring, i'm so into it.

I'm starting to like Alyssa. She's ridiculous but endearing. I used to be on Coco's side but now I like Alyssa way more. And I'm not going to start liking Roxxxy any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:49 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Yeah, and with the double elimination that was bound to happen. I don't feel entirely comfortable saying that Roxxxy was full of shiitake though, because they had discussed it backstage AND being in the bottom two is pretty high-pressure. It wasn't like last year when Willam just started crying out of the blue and worked in a Boston Public mention and then said she wasn't acting.

And the thing about Alyssa and Roxxxy is: they both really try. Last week, neither of them could sing but they were really into it and gave it their all. They both pushed through their weak points and they both lipsynched for their mother forking lives. Roxxy is kind of annoying from the audience and last week's outfit reminded me of India (yeugh), but I can see why she's doing well from the judges viewpoint.

The bonus scene this week is extras from the reading challenge, none from the roast. Boooooooooo.

http://www.logotv.com/video/misc/887230 ... id=1703445

Also, Roxxxy's drag mom died last night. :(

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 am 
Discovered unobtainium

It felt pretty genuine to me. Hard to watch actually. That's the thing with Ru, she always seems genuine no matter how much camp or drama she surrounds herself with, and that really spills over into the entire show. Most reality show breakdowns usually feel exploitive, but I've never had that vibe here.

I did not like RU's drag this episode. I love the green alien space goddess look, but I thought looked, for sort of the first ever, like a man in a dress. I'm not sure what it was. The hand gestures weren't helping.

I cannot get over how much Roxxy looks and sounds like my friend. It's nuts!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:38 am 

lavawitch wrote:
It felt pretty genuine to me. Hard to watch actually. That's the thing with Ru, she always seems genuine no matter how much camp or drama she surrounds herself with, and that really spills over into the entire show. Most reality show breakdowns usually feel exploitive, but I've never had that vibe here.

I did not like RU's drag this episode. I love the green alien space goddess look, but I thought looked, for sort of the first ever, like a man in a dress. I'm not sure what it was. The hand gestures weren't helping.

I thought Ru's response sounded quite genuine, but outside of Yara freaking out in the middle of the actual lip synch, I haven't been particularly moved by any of them.

I liked the dress, but I liked it a lot more when Sharon Needles wore it last season (and got bitched at for it, though I forget which judge).

Please tell me your friend knows how to say "sequined."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

'Sequence' is cute though!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:30 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Squeak wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

I thought Ru's response sounded quite genuine, but outside of Yara freaking out in the middle of the actual lip synch, I haven't been particularly moved by any of them.

I liked the dress, but I liked it a lot more when Sharon Needles wore it last season (and got bitched at for it, though I forget which judge).

Please tell me your friend knows how to say "sequined."

He does. I know this because he was super excited about his white sequined Christmas tree.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:17 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I don't know how many of you watch Untucked. But the stress of this contest has clearly made Coco loss her flippin mind.

Going after Jinxk for improving and for looking fabulous... no excuse.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 am 

Yeah, when they showed Coco's video I was like, "Nope, you can't spend five minutes showing her being a total crasshole and then expect me to go 'aw'."

So much forking fur this season!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My favorite bit was when the other queens took time to explain that this competition is about growth of the individual and Coco was still like "but if I wore that they would read me for filth". Of course they would. Jinkx has a style that would not work with Coco's attitude. Coco, please pull your head out.

Anyway... I am sad pretty Ivy is gone. I don't know that she could have won. But I would much rather see what she can bring that Coco or Alyssa. I think those two have played out what new they can bring. Roxxxy too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:00 am 

I hate everything that Coco wears and her super orange highlighters. I really don't think she has room to talk about anyone's style.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I watched Untucked, and Coco was being a straight-up bisque. And it seems like every episode has a scene of Coco being a bisque and then cutting to a solo interview of her saying how sweet and nice she is. Who is she trying to fool? I didn't feel a bit sad for her when she got all emotional. I want Coco to go next just because I'm tired of her attitude.

I'm sad to see Ivy go, but I kinda got the impression that she wouldn't be able to make it in a LSFYL. There's something about the way she's always smiling that made me think she could only pull it off on a fun song, and that wasn't it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

forkin' "Red For Filth"... luv luv luv. So much luv.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:17 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

mrsbadmouth wrote:
I hate everything that Coco wears and her super orange highlighters. I really don't think she has room to talk about anyone's style.

i'm surprised michelle hasn't called out coco's makeup yet.
the worst episode this season. coco pretty much talked the whole entire time and even through untucked.
coco, roxxxy, alyssa are all terrible in their own way so i look forward to them being picked off.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really didn't agree with this week's elimination. Maybe based on the lip synch, but not on total body of werk. Really sad! Also since they JUST introduced this whole Jinxxx/Ivy crush thing (that was my first clue that Ivy was leaving though).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:18 pm 
Nailed to the V

Ivy is nice. SO nice. But this isn't RuPaul's best friend race! She was a stitch and amen away from riding on pretty.

Plus, that storyline could have served as a distraction for Jinkx. She always has so much on her mind as it is.

Detox is on the back burner right now. Highly talented but not giving anything new.

Alyssa is one of my favorites to watch right now. She's ridiculous but she has a heart. And I find myself looking at this every day:

Alaska + Jinkx are my favorites.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:24 pm 

The only person left who I 100% want to go is Coco. But Alyssa is kidding herself if she thinks she can lip synch her way to the finale.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 pm 
Nailed to the V

I REALLY want to see what Alaska is like in a lip sync. I can't picture it. Off to youtube...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:15 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

We really could have had a double elimination last night and I would have been happy. I know we aren't Ru and that we don't see all the things... but the viewing public overwhelmingly seems to be over Alyssa and Coco both.

I don't know that I even have it in me to watch Elimination Lunch today. I suppose there is the hope that Alyssa will tell us more details about why the drama. But even that...

And finally, I feel like Roxxxy wore that outfit before. Or am I just so far over her that they all look alike?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm 

kfad wrote:
We really could have had a double elimination last night and I would have been happy. I know we aren't Ru and that we don't see all the things... but the viewing public overwhelmingly seems to be over Alyssa and Coco both.

I don't know that I even have it in me to watch Elimination Lunch today. I suppose there is the hope that Alyssa will tell us more details about why the drama. But even that...

And finally, I feel like Roxxxy wore that outfit before. Or am I just so far over her that they all look alike?

....I'd have to agree, but there's no way two lip synchers bring it like that and both get told to leave. I really wanted to like Alyssa in the early part of the show, but as it's gone on, I think we (and I'm using the Royal Plural, the collective viewing audience, and Alyssa herself) have come to understand that's she's just not as amazing as she hinted. Or rather, not willing to push through her weaknesses like others have done. And that realization is getting to her, as demonstrated from her odd rant on the runway.That being said, I don't like Coco. I don't think she's devious, because I don't think she knows herself well enough to be devious. Like, there's some actual cognitive dissonance going on when she says some bisque-y thing, then backtracks the next segment, wondering why everyone is coming for her. And I think if you need to point to your lips in a song, you're doing it wrong.

On the plus side, now that I'm looking at the remaining queens I'm super excited for Jinkx or Alaska to take it! Also, Roxxxy has been much less annoying these last couple episodes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:09 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Alyssa was really not pushing herself. That is one of the most wonderful things about watching Jinkx is seeing the growth.

Here is a question that popped up in my house last night. Has a pageant queen won? I can't think of one. I know Alexis Mateo was final three... has a pageant queen made it farther than that?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Glad Alyssa went home, so negative. AGREED about Coco's lip pointing. Jinxxx is killing it therefore I'm over her whole "no one understands me!!' deal. Who cares? You're winning!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So glad Alyssa's gone. Now Coco needs to go home next week.

I think I want it to be down to Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox, and I want Jinkx to win. I don't know if that's actually gonna happen (obvs), but I think Coco and Roxxxy are the weakest of the ones left. Then again, Alaska seems to be coasting because of getting challenges that play to her strengths, so the next one might throw her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 29  Next