| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead season 3! (NO COMIC SPOILERS!)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:37 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I know that stupidity isn't a crime that should be punishable by torture and death, but Andrea is so dumb I really don't feel bad for her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:23 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I still have a hard time feeling bad for Andrea. I think her kidnapping will add a new twist to the story. I'm hoping there's no brutal torture involved though. I don't want the show to get all dark and uncomfortable. The scenes with Maggie and the Governor were enough.

I guess I misjudged Tyreese. I thought he'd have a good head on his shoulders and recognize bullshiitake when he heard it. Apparently I was wrong.

This episode was good, but still needed some Michonne.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:26 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I feel like maybe Tyrese recognizes the bullshiitake and also recognizes that something forked up with happen if they try get away or rebel, so maybe he's got secret plans for getting the eff outta there?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I feel like maybe Tyrese recognizes the bullshiitake and also recognizes that something forked up with happen if they try get away or rebel, so maybe he's got secret plans for getting the eff outta there?

I hope so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:42 pm 
Saggy Butt

Omg I just watched. I've been waiting to see if something would happen that I couldn't handle and I'd have to stop watching. Andrea torture might be it. I've read the whole comic series so far, and there were a couple times I almost had to stop.
That being said, I thought the episode was great. And glad that Milton seems to be less of a worm. I always think geeks are hawt but he's been such a spineless creeper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:17 am 
Nailed to the V

When Andrea was running through the street with no gun I just kept wishing she had a skateboard.
1. She could go faster with less effort.
2. She could use it as a weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

God damn that was stressful.

And how the hell did the Governor manage to fend off 15 walkers in an enclosed space? And why did she not take his truck? God damn it, Andrea!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:21 am 
Nailed to the V

"He's getting to be quite the Ben Linus." jdfunks said this about Milton. Then she winked.

YEAH stressful. Andrea was so close. So many times the governor should have been shot already.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Good episode! Boyfriend was perched precariously on the edge of our couch in suspense through the whole thing.

Andrea was so forked as soon as she started smiling and waving at the prison. She may has well have declared herself one day away from retirement- it's never going to end well!

Also I think Tyrese will come good in the last episode in the midst of some battle scene or something. And then that other guy from his group will die and be all 'oh noooo, I was wrong, good thing none of you are invested in me as a character' as he dies.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Andrea ... GAAAAAH! That scene in the warehouse was excellent. Morrissey does creepy extremely well.

Geez, how many walkers do you need to dump on the Governor to take him out? HE'S A CYBORG! Although I did have a thought:

Spoiler: show
I wonder if he got bit. Just the way he seemed to be holding his coat closed in the final scenes, like he was hiding an injury. If he has been bit, he knows he's toast, and he'll be all the more hell-bent on total destruction, with nothing at all to lose. Go out in a blaze of crazy.

Milton, for crying out loud, you need to get the hell out of Dodge. Things do not look real good for the guy. I don't think he should bother making any long term plans.

He may be instrumental in rescuing Andrea, though. Perhaps with help from Tyrese and Sasha.

I hope Sasha lives through the finale. I wouldn't put any money on it, but I'd like to see her character developed.

I'm hoping character development (and pacing, and plotting) will improve with the new showrunner. They should never have gotten rid of Darabont. I'm fairly hopeful that Scott Gimple will be an improvement. He wrote the episode Clear (where Rick, Carl, and Michonne meet Morgan) and Pretty Much Dead Already (the episode where Sophia comes out of the barn). Two of the best episodes of the series. He also wrote next week's episode, so I'm looking forward to that, even though ... GAAAAAAH!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:19 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

j-dub wrote:
And why did she not take his truck? God damn it, Andrea!

yeah, i thought of this, too. and then i added "learn to hotwire" to my zombapocalypse to-do list, right after "get good at running" and "develop hand-eye coordination."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:34 am 
Bathes in Braggs

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Aaaack! I didn't think an episode withonly andrea and the gov could be good, but ack! So tense. Milton is such a b ad liar! Once andrea pointed the gun at him in the beginning I sorta instantly liked her again.

At least he is finally growing a pair.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:38 am 
Bathes in Braggs

j-dub wrote:
God damn that was stressful.

And how the hell did the Governor manage to fend off 15 walkers in an enclosed space? And why did she not take his truck? God damn it, Andrea!

Exactly.

I know were are discussion a show with walking dead people, but it really spoils things for me when the writers have someone make an unrealistic escape. Geeeze, the Governor was left, cornered, in a confined space, with a pack of zombies closing in on him while Andrea was running away.

Not only did he miraculously fend the zombies off, but he did so quickly enough to catch up with Andrea enough to follow her and stalk her. Then he managed to get her away from the prison, back to Woodbury and into his dungeon all without anyone noticing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 am 
Bathes in Braggs

acr wrote:
j-dub wrote:

yeah, i thought of this, too. and then i added "learn to hotwire" to my zombapocalypse to-do list, right after "get good at running" and "develop hand-eye coordination."

She might have had an easier time running if she didn't walk around in a post apocalyptic world wearing near skin tight jeans. At least she didn't fall while she was running.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

acr wrote:
j-dub wrote:

oh! right! keys. i forgot about keys. i was also yelling at her for not grabbing the truck, but not having the key makes a whole lot of sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:27 pm 

Pyewacket wrote:
Andrea ... GAAAAAH! That scene in the warehouse was excellent. Morrissey does creepy extremely well.

Geez, how many walkers do you need to dump on the Governor to take him out? HE'S A CYBORG! Although I did have a thought:

I wonder if he got bit. Just the way he seemed to be holding his coat closed in the final scenes, like he was hiding an injury. If he has been bit, he knows he's toast, and he'll be all the more hell-bent on total destruction, with nothing at all to lose. Go out in a blaze of crazy.

i was wondering that, too!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:42 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

(so is it really a spoiler, or is it a speculation? i obvi don't want to read a spoiler, but speculations are fine. there's no way to tell without context, and i don't want to assume.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 pm 

speculation! read away!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm 
Saggy Butt

I like that speculation. I was thinking his body language was strange but I didn't crystallize that idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I just think he was hiding how bloody he was.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

supercarrot wrote:
acr wrote:
j-dub wrote:

oh! right! keys. i forgot about keys. i was also yelling at her for not grabbing the truck, but not having the key makes a whole lot of sense.

I totally I wondered about the truck thing. Maybe she just wanted to bolt. At the very least, she should have lit that thing on fire.

As soon as Andrea lifted her hand, I said "what horrible thing is going to happen now?" Then the Governor jumped her and I screamed. I can't wait until that creepy fork gets his due. Unlike some truly great TV baddies, he's not even fun to watch, especially after the whole Maggie debacle. I have never been as sympathetic for Andrea as I now am after this episode. It was getting hard to watch, and I don't think it'll get any easier for her anytime soon.

Ditto that Milton needs to get the fork outta dodge.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:23 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

supercarrot wrote:
acr wrote:
j-dub wrote:

I thought he may have left them in the truck. At the least, she could have slashed the tires.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:30 pm 
Saggy Butt

Pyewacket, if that's not what happened, that's what SHOULD have happened. That is a really good twist. LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

geeksweetheart wrote:
Pyewacket, if that's not what happened, that's what SHOULD have happened. That is a really good twist. LOL.

I don't know if they'll go that way at all, but dang it is an interesting idea. I like how it would parallel the way Philip has psychologically lost his humanity and turned into a monster with literally losing his humanity and turning into a monster. And where he holds Michonne responsible for taking so much away from him, Andrea would be responsible for taking everything else.

I also like the parallel in Milton's predicament. The reason he's in so much danger now is because he believes there's something of the old Philip he used to know still present in the Governor, in the same way that he believes there is something of the person still present in the walker. That's a potentially fatal misreading of the situation.

Also, when Andrea almost reaches the prison, Rick is the one keeping watch. Really? Here's a protip for surviving the zombie apocalypse: Don't put the guy who occassionally hallucinates on watch. "HEADS UP, EVERYONE! Here comes Shane! With an army of Oompa Loompas! They're riding unicorns and playing piccolos!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:26 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

And more importantly...isn't the whistling thing kind of a strange development so late in the game?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 834 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next