| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PAX east (boston MA)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:40 am 
ugh

Do you know if the lunch shuttle is a regular thing or just for PAX? So I sound like I know what I'm talking about when I ask for a map.

I'm not going to the rock band thing, and I have no idea what I'll be doing on Saturday! I'll PM you my gmail. I'm a very casual fan of video games so I'm certain to be outgeeked at overwhelmed at this event. I bought the passes for my fiance because we watched a thing on TV about it last year and it looked like fun. I just want to try out all the consoles and games we don't have (which is most of them)!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

thanks! i'll add them to my map. (and i'm just a supporter of scott/unclegramps' gaming. i'm more of a spectator. i have pretty slow reflexes, so most handheld games aren't really all that enjoyable to me, so you're safe with me.)

and i think the lunch shuttle is a regular thing. at least while a convention is ongoing. they should have maps at the information desk, if not, follow the street level around to the right, past the cafeteria if i remember correctly. that's where the pickup/drop-off point is, and there should be a little kiosk/information desk. (but if there's no convention going on, then it probably won't be manned.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 am 
ugh

Okay, I'll plan to pick one up sometime this week.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 pm 
ugh

According to another PPKer, Papagayo may not be safe afterall. (See Vegan Pet Peeves thread for details.) Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:26 pm 

blergh. thanks for the heads up. i'm editing the map as we speak. (http://goo.gl/maps/UoWQX)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:58 pm 
ugh

Gah, I totally forgot to pick up the lunch shuttle thing. Today is pouring and I don't have my umbrella so I'm not gonna walk over there. Is it even worth it for me to get you one tomorrow?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 pm 

no, it's fine. :-) we'll just pick one up early in the day on friday and i'll do a little research while i'm stuck waiting in a line.

so, are you going all 3 days, or only saturday?

also, did you see that eppy is on a panel? (i think it's about roleplaying games. and his lady is on a different panel about boardgames.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
ugh

I'll be there on Saturday, but I'll be nearby on Friday since I work down the street. I don't think I can do dinner on Friday but maybe lunch if the weather isn't terrible.

ETA: That's cool about eppy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:13 pm 

i am making an asparagus-load of cookies. i wanted to make fruity oaty bars, but i don't think i'll get around to it. i hope they last the 4-5 days. i've never made cookies this far in advance.

on friday we're probably going to clover for lunch. (but it's still up in the air.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:11 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Do you have a plan for dinner on Friday? I'm not going to PAX but I work nearby and might be able to go out for dinner if y'all are interested.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 pm 
ugh

FYI, Channel Cafe is closed, and the new Bee's Knees market is open. (I haven't been in though so I have no idea what's there; I'll probably visit tomorrow.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 pm 

CLOSED closed? like for good? man! good to know about the bee's knees. thanks!

for dinner, we need to stay within walking distance, since the lunch shuttles end at 3:00. last year we didn't really spend all that much time outside the convention center. (we had a lot of snacks in our bags, but got really hungry in the evening.)

the blue dragon got back to me. maybe that might be an option for dinner. (don't know what time yet though. probably on the order of 7:00 or so. i'll report back. what time is reasonable for you, vegetalion?)

Quote:
Hi Carrie,

We absolutely can accommodate your needs at our restaurant. Please let your server know about your restrictions and we will communicate the information to the kitchen. Our kitchen is equipped to handle all sorts of food restrictions and allergies and can certainly make sure to avoid any cross contamination in the kitchen, as we do for allergies.

Looking forward to having you here!

All the best,
Weichy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 pm 

oh. and i spent many hours today baking 22 lbs of cookies for the cookie brigade. i'm pooped!
http://www.cookie-brigade.com/

i wanted to make fruity oaty bars, but i just had to stop. (i even left 2 discs of sugar cookie dough in the fridge. i was not looking forward to rolling out that dough and then icing it. i would have made tetris cookies if i had the energy. maybe next year.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:00 am 
ugh

Okay, I was wrong about Bee's Knees. Every day somebody in my office says they're opening today, tomorrow, whatever and I believe them and then I look on Twitter and the opening has been delayed again. So I don't know what's going on over there, but you can keep tabs: http://twitter.com/BeesKneesSupply

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am 
Level 7 Vegan

supercarrot wrote:
the blue dragon got back to me. maybe that might be an option for dinner. (don't know what time yet though. probably on the order of 7:00 or so. i'll report back. what time is reasonable for you, vegetalion?)

Something just came up, but I won't be sure until tomorrow. I'll PM you my number so we can text about it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 pm 

Tonight we're going to addis Red Sea with a small handful of folks from our gaming clan. Probably at 6:00, but I still have to make the reservations. You're more than welcome to join us.