| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missoula, MT
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:28 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I did a search, but starting new threads terrifies me, so I apologize if I searched wrong and there is already a thread.

I just got a job (wooo!) in Montana and will be moving to Missoula in about two weeks. Are there any Missoula/Western MT/the skinny part of Idaho PPK'ers?

I'm excited that I might bump into Hank Green in Target or something. : )

Post subject: Re: Missoula, MT
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:42 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi Dandelion...I'm over in Coeur d'Alene, ID--you know, that skinny part. I spent a summer just outside of Missoula, and also had a good friend that lived there for many years. It is a pretty fun town, lots of outdoor activities, nice bookstores, and the whole-foods-type store there is really great. Being a college town, there's usually a bunch of nightlife to enjoy, as well. I was vegetarian when I spent the most time there, so I'm not sure how many vegan-friendly places you'll find, but I have to imagine it's a decent amount, at least for the wild wild west.

If you ever come to CdA, let me know...I'll give you the low down on where to eat! There is a Spokane Vegans group that gets together for potlucks once in awhile, but so far, I haven't found too many of us here in CdA yet. Good luck with your move. I came here from the midwest, as well, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it out here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I love it too! And I really love the Good Food Store. I may or may not have dropped way too much money there today...

I'm actually finding it to be a pretty vegan friendly place! And, more importantly, a good high quality food place!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

The Good Food Store. I couldn't remember the name--Yep, it's pretty great. I'm glad you're getting settled in, and finding good vegan eats!

I had some yummy Indian food there on one visit. I can't remember the name of the place, but it may have been next to either a small grocery or a liquor store. Sorry, that's all I can remember!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:12 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Dandelion, I'm moving to Missoula in March so if you find any other awesome vegan places you'll have to share them. My boyfriend got a job out there and I'm looking still. We also need to find somewhere to live (I have my fingers crossed on an awesome little house we saw in CL). I'm pretty excited to hit up the Good Food Store since I've heard good things about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

So we are officially in Missoula and it's so incredibly nice. We're thinking a nice day hike is in order this weekend. We should definitely meet up for a beer.