| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

j-dub wrote:
I've started doing a set of squats every time I go to the bathroom at work in an attempt to get the blood flowing, since there's only so much not-sitting I can do in a day.

!!!!! I was doing that all last week! 50 squats as fast as I could every time I went to the loo. I tend to use going to the toilet as an excuse to take a break at uni, so at least it was slightly more productive trip.
I also found POP pilates on youtube, which has been really fun to add in as exercise, but I do not do that in the bathroom.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Tenacious wrote:
Thanks to whoever linked to Go Kaleo!

The always awesumnal j-dub!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I think we need a "working out at work" thread. I need more tips like that! I did two minutes of jumping jacks at work yesterday, but need more quickie, between customers/patients ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I've been doing really well. Giant green smoothies in the morning, a huge salad before lunch and dinner, and snacking on raw fruits and veggies. I'm down 4 pounds.

I've always been a very planning and organizing-type person, but for some reason I never tried it with my weight loss efforts. This time around I wrote a 6 page weight loss plan outlining everything from my goals, meal ideas, and organizational strategies. It's made a huge difference I think. Now whenever I get discouraged I make myself re-read my entire plan and it helps me recommit to my goals.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I just weighed for first time in a while (Ive been a good girl about avoiding the scale), and I'm back at 144.2. This weight is driving me bonkers. Will I ever get to 143?! Grrr.

On the other hand, I'm pleased I've maintained and lost the bloat that caused my freak out. I ha dnt been tracking, but still tried to be responsible. Uh, except for the bag of red salsa tortilla chips I accidentally bought and ate. Pretty sure those calories didn't count though because I only find those chips every 1-2 yrs.

I'm at the end of my period too, so the weight is good. This is the motivation I needed to start tracking again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well done on maintaining LW. That is an achievement in itself.

I've been such a saint this week. No binging on biscuits. I ate a lot of bread though yesterday. I think it was because I let myself get too hungry. Also my walking has gone to pot this week. I've the start of a throat infection so I need to rest up a bit more and not push myself so I am missing out on my morning walk (so that I have time to chill out and relax before work). Still doing a decent walk in the evening though.

I will weigh myself either tomorrow or Friday morning because I have a roadtrip on Saturday and there will be cheesecake at the end of it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I've always been a very planning and organizing-type person, but for some reason I never tried it with my weight loss efforts. This time around I wrote a 6 page weight loss plan outlining everything from my goals, meal ideas, and organizational strategies. It's made a huge difference I think. Now whenever I get discouraged I make myself re-read my entire plan and it helps me recommit to my goals.

This is brilliant. I need to do it on Evernote, so I can read it everywhere.

Day 5 of blowing through my calorie limit. Oh well, its all learning, right? Does one eat most heavily at a certain time of one's cycle? Because I am all "MUST EAT ALL THE FUDZ! OMNOMNOMNOM"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:43 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Cheesecake should be a forbidden word in this thread. Or am I the only highly suggestible one here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:15 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Tofulish wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:

This is brilliant. I need to do it on Evernote, so I can read it everywhere.

I did it in Google Docs so I can always pull it up on my phone! Evernote/Keep is a good idea too!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish, I was going to say yes, but it started like, oh definitely the week before, and the week before that, and the week I'm on...then I was like yeah, that's the whole month pretty much.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Lavawitch, as I posted a while back, I'm so susceptible I even crave/make whatever they're eating on tv. Although I love the PPK sometimes when I get off this site all I want to do is make food. Lots and lots of food.

Holy shiitake, did I have an extreme binge-y night last night. I had a good, filling supper of stir fry w/tofu; and was thinking about a snack. Then I just went forking nuts, and when I should have gone to bed, I instead ate close to a days worth of calories in two hours. Mother of fork. I'm not even limiting my calorie intake that much- I'm using MFP to track and currently have my calories set at 1600, of which I totally add onto and eat more of per how much I exercise that day. (And I'm really happy with how I've upped my exercise- I agree with you guys up thread that it helps motivate me to exercise more; especially if I'm going to lunch with friends or something). But I'm not so happy with my evening of excess. And of course, none of it was healthy food. I won't even tell you what I ate because it will probably make you hungry.

Just looking for commiseration here, I guess. Not really sure what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:24 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

One thing that helps me is brushing my teeth right after dinner. It kind of tells my brain that the eating is done for the day. Otherwise I find myself wanting something sweet later in the evening, and I don't always have the calories for that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am 
Ninja Master

I just ate a massive spoonful of pb and a massive spoonful of jarred frosting. I fail at today.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:58 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

lavawitch wrote:
Cheesecake should be a forbidden word in this thread. Or am I the only highly suggestible one here?

Oh be happy for me! Last time I had some was September!

I weighed myself this morning. I'm now down to 132.5lbs. That means I am down 3lbs since I had those few bad days a month ago.

Tofulish.... I am exactly like that. 6lbs up in one week last month. That is how bad I can be!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I am losing weight SO SLOW. Like half a pound a week. That's actually right on target with my diet, but I really need to start incorporating more exercise into my life. I've sort of been avoiding serious jumpy bouncy cardio because my knee is kind of messed up at the moment, but I could be doing strength training stuff? Someone tell me to be less lazy! I go on a lot of walks but that's just to run errands and stuff, which I think is a normal part of city life so it doesn't really feel like exercise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Try not stress. Usually when weight comes off slow it stays off longer.

Unless you are me and on meds that just screw with your appetite and metabolism.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:26 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, I'd rather lose it slow and keep it off for sure. I'm just being honest with myself and saying that I need to be less of a lazypants!

I'm not on any meds at the moment, but I had issues with weight gain when I was on birth control AND when I was on antidepressants, so I can understand the frustration that causes. :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Definitely frustrating. And a blooming nuisance because I need it to not be depressed then when I am on it I get depressed because it is so damn hard to keep a check on my weight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:39 pm 
Saggy Butt

Can I join you guys? as of today I've lost 60 pounds but I still have a long way to go!
I'm tracking in MFP and trying to limit my sugars and refined carbs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:42 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Welcome geeksweetheart! Congrats on your progress so far. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Congrats on the weight loss geeksweetheart!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:00 pm 

Welcome, geeksweetheart! Speaking of, what do you think of MFP for sugar? I eat a lot of fruit, so it looks like I eat a lot of sugar. I mean, I do eat a lot of sugar kind of, but the majority of it is fruit.

Limone: I started wearing a pedometer so I can make those general day to day walks feel like they count! Would that be an option? I got a kind of fancypants fitbit zip, but even a less expensive one would give you an idea of how much you are actually walking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:06 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yeah, I could wear a pedometer but I don't think that would really make a difference. Since I do pretty much the same amount of walking every week and I'm losing weight at the same rate it doesn't actually matter if I know how much I've walked? That's what I meant about it not really being like "exercise" for me, since it's part of my regular routine and doesn't really get my heart rate up. I think it's good that I'm not sitting on my asparagus 100% of the time but I need to go out of my way to incorporate more exercise into my routine, whether it's strength-training or going for epic walks instead of neighborhood errands or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:11 pm 

Oh, ok! I see what you mean.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Welcome geeksweetheart!

Limone, sometimes wearing a pedometer might help bring awareness to how much you're walking and motivate you to go on one of those epic long walks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 145  Next