| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Charlie Banana diapers?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Sorry for being difficult and not just posting this in the Cloth Diapering thread... but I'm curious if anyone has experience specifically with Charlie Banana cloth diapers?

Why am I asking? To be honest, I saw them at Target and they looked colorful and appealing. I bought Will the reusable swim diaper for this summer and I'm intrigued. We don't cloth diaper for a few reasons... first, when Will was born we were lived in an apartment without our own washer/dryer and second, I was apprehensive of sending him to a sitter in cloth. Now he's been at the sitter for a year, we bought a house and have our own washer and dryer, I feel like we're in a better position to reconsider cloth. I know there are many other brands and pros and cons to each, but I'm tempted to try the Charlie Banana just because they are at Target and easily accessible (okay, and they're bright and colorful). So PPK parents... what can you tell me about them?! Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Charlie Banana diapers?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I don't use Charlie Banana diapers, but I know too much about cloth diapering in general. We use a different brand of 2 in 1, or hybrid diaper, where the resuable insert snaps in, instead of having to stuff it. I like this because I have to touch the dirty insert less, haha. If you are buying it for the disposable option though....I have to say I just buy disposable diapers. I always have a pack in the trunk of my car, I mainly use them when I forget cloth. I'm not sure how I forget to bring diapers when I take my child out, but its happened enough that I felt the need. Granted, it takes me months to get through a pack but...they're there. And I have multiple packs of the disposbale inserts that go with our diapers.

I also have a few all-in-one diapers that I tend to use when we are out and about. Just as easy as a disposable, it just...doesn't get thrown out.

Anyway, a lot of cloth diapering is finding what fits best on your child. If you're not going full time right away, these seem easily accessible and a good place to start!

Post subject: Re: Charlie Banana diapers?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:38 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thanks! I just didn't want to do a lot of research, so I ended up buying one and we'll see how it goes. I don't think we'd use the disposable liners more often than cloth, but I do like the option (especially to offer as practice for us or the sitter). I ended up reading thru the cloth diapering thread and ordered the trial from Jillian's Drawers... it seems like the perfect option for us before going 100%.

Thanks again for your input!