| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: the hair thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Lovely!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:27 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

So pretty, lavawitch! New hair euphoria is such an awesome feeling.

I am growing out my pixie and I have officially reached the awkward stage. Ugh. I wish I could snap my fingers and be to like chin length, at least.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Super pretty, LW!

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:03 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

You look smashing LW!

I have just got back from the hairdressers. I've had about two and a half inches off the length and a lot of layers put in (my hair was much the same length/style as LW's before). I like it, but my head feels a lot lighter, which is a weird feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Pinko wrote:

I am growing out my pixie and I have officially reached the awkward stage. Ugh. I wish I could snap my fingers and be to like chin length, at least.

I am also growing out a pixie (it's actually at a SUPER cute stage that I'm considering keeping) and what I've found has made it tolerable is to eschew people's advice and to keep getting it cut every 2 or so months. Basically she takes the back in really short (the back grows super quickly for me and borders on mullet quickly, plus i've had some version of an a-line bob for years prior so I like a short back) and just gives the front some shape and takes the weight off. No real length is sacrificed and I don't want to wear a paperbag!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:27 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

j-dub wrote:
Pinko wrote:

I am also growing out a pixie (it's actually at a SUPER cute stage that I'm considering keeping) and what I've found has made it tolerable is to eschew people's advice and to keep getting it cut every 2 or so months. Basically she takes the back in really short (the back grows super quickly for me and borders on mullet quickly, plus i've had some version of an a-line bob for years prior so I like a short back) and just gives the front some shape and takes the weight off. No real length is sacrificed and I don't want to wear a paperbag!

Pixie-growing-out Team unite! The last time I grew it out, I cut it like you are describing j-dub. But this time I'm trying to resist and pretend like it's not a mullet. Also, winter hats are helping.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:38 pm 

Yeah, I'm doing exactly what you describe, j-dub. It's actually not that painful, but it's annoying because my hair is naturally pretty curly. It was easy to straighten when it was shorter and now it's more of an effort but it's still not long enough to look decent curly/wavy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Planning my next trip to the salon while trying to scrape the money together. (Yes, I am that broke. At least as long as I have to pay for all my conference trips myself. And haven't written any bestselling novels. Yet.) I'd really like to try and get another suuuper short pixie cut (even shorter than the last one - had one sometime around 2000 and loved it! no blow-drying at all!). Maybe they could leave some slightly longer bits so I could style it into a fauxhawk for going out. I also need fresh green streaks. Mine are growing out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't know what to do with my hair anymore. Today I got snowed on, and when my hair dried it just curled up in a really awkward way. Besides, this weekend my BF took a look at my hair before blow-drying/straightening and declared I look like Robert Smith.
Digging around for pictures of me with the best pixie cut I ever had so I can show them to my favourite stylist. (The guy who cut my hair back then went to NYC to do fashion shows. Seriously.) Also used comparatively cheap dye at home (my secret superpower) so I can afford the haircut.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I have serious hair hate right now. I don't know why I do this to myself.... I cut my hair short even though I NEVER like myself in short hair, so I decide to grow it out and have to endure a year or more in chin-length limbo (which I hate with a passion) before it's finally long-ish and then finally LONG. And then I live in a perpetual ponytail and get tired of it and think "hey, remember how much I loved my hair short?" and so I cut it (always a stupid move) and the cycle begins again. I don't know why I do this to myself.

And I love my husband, but I'm getting to the point that I don't care that he prefers me as a dark brunette. I'm a natural blonde, and I'm done with coloring.

End rant.

You people are all gorgeous, by the way.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

dreadlocks! super easy.... super awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 am 
Seagull of the PPK

AlwaysHungry wrote:
I have serious hair hate right now. I don't know why I do this to myself.... I cut my hair short even though I NEVER like myself in short hair, so I decide to grow it out and have to endure a year or more in chin-length limbo (which I hate with a passion) before it's finally long-ish and then finally LONG. And then I live in a perpetual ponytail and get tired of it and think "hey, remember how much I loved my hair short?" and so I cut it (always a stupid move) and the cycle begins again. I don't know why I do this to myself..

this is my life.
my mother's too.

i look at pics and say "god when my hair is long it's amazing" but you know, it's nice to just roll out of bed with short hair. so i cut it when i had my first chance and now it's too late
[that's what i'm telling myself]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 am 
Not NOT A Furry

torque wrote:
AlwaysHungry wrote:
I have serious hair hate right now. I don't know why I do this to myself.... I cut my hair short even though I NEVER like myself in short hair, so I decide to grow it out and have to endure a year or more in chin-length limbo (which I hate with a passion) before it's finally long-ish and then finally LONG. And then I live in a perpetual ponytail and get tired of it and think "hey, remember how much I loved my hair short?" and so I cut it (always a stupid move) and the cycle begins again. I don't know why I do this to myself..

this is my life.
my mother's too.

i look at pics and say "god when my hair is long it's amazing" but you know, it's nice to just roll out of bed with short hair. so i cut it when i had my first chance and now it's too late
[that's what i'm telling myself]

See, and I have the opposite problem... I HAVE to style it short, but long hair affords me the 10-second ponytail. And I think that's okay, I don't care... until I'm late for work one day. And me with short hair, cuz it's thick and I get serious bed-head... I say goodbye to just jumping outta bed and heading to the gym. Or anywhere.

Right now I'm at the halfway point between chin-length and shoulder-length. I can put it in a grabby-clip, but not a ponytail yet. Sigh.... hate hate hate this length on me.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

AlwaysHungry wrote:
I have serious hair hate right now. I don't know why I do this to myself.... I cut my hair short even though I NEVER like myself in short hair, so I decide to grow it out and have to endure a year or more in chin-length limbo (which I hate with a passion) before it's finally long-ish and then finally LONG. And then I live in a perpetual ponytail and get tired of it and think "hey, remember how much I loved my hair short?" and so I cut it (always a stupid move) and the cycle begins again. I don't know why I do this to myself.

This is me too! Mine is finally longish, and I keep having to remind myself how long it took to get it to this point and that I always hate my short hair after like a week.

It sucks that I have to wear it up most days for work though, or it's a frizzy humid mess. I like it a lot more when it's down, just flat and straight.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Some late night musings, I am unsure of what to do with my hair. My goal is to have long hair again. I cut it off 2 months ago because the ends were severely damaged but it was armpit length long. I have a picture of my current hair, taken just hours earlier when I was trying to figure out the setting on my waterproof camera so excuse the blurriness and vacant look please!
Now should I keep it as it and let it grow or should I chop it to something more aesthetically pleasing? The back bits are longer than the front and I think accentuates the roundness of my face which I don't care for.
Contenders:
3. pretty much what I have now only the back of her hair is shorter/even with the front bits.

Please advice PPK!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I like number 1 a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Yes, the first one would look fabulous on you, Fupa.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:09 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Fupa, I'm totally voting for #1 aka "shattered bob". Has all the shape but not the sharp lines. Do it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I prefer 1 and 3. I think you have a good face for shorter hair. Go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

bumpity bump!

today i went past my salon to schedule a trim. THEY ARE GONE. It took me 5 years to find a salon that I could stand, and they are gone. No sign, no nothing. Internet search indicates they must have closed in early February.
so this is the sign that i need to grow out my hair, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm having hair hate and desperately need a trim, but my stylist is busy being an EMT now, so I feel you, torque.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm 
Impressive boner

I have opposite hair problems to some of the ones listed above. I don't suit long hair but periodically forget this and decide to grow it. It gets to around shoulder length and I remember that I don't suit it and chop it all off, then have short hair for a couple of years before I forget and grow it again. It's shoulder length now so it's due for a chop. I'm thinking Ginnifer Goodwin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm 

So I'm growing out my hair still and it's going okay-ish, but I'm starting to get really annoyed about paying for full-price haircuts when all I need done is the back brought up a little and my neck trimmed. They don't touch any of my length anywhere else and I still have to shell out $50-$60. I wish I knew someone who could trim it for me in exchange for cookies or something. Bah.

Also, the front is long enough now to be annoying and I've yet to find a way to pin it back that doesn't make me feel 12 years old.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:01 am 
WELFARIST!

So, this is my hair now, except now it's a little bit longer and way more unruly. This is a decent photo, but I hate it because all I really ever do is wear it in a ponytail and it takes a lot of straightening to get it that smooth and all in the same direction (I have mega thick, stubborn hair that isn't naturally wavy or curly, but doesn't just lay flat either). I do love my bangs.

Here is me from another lifetime (bonus ghostface and bill murray as kittens!) with the inverted bob I had for 6 years. I loved it, but I want to combine it with my bangs.

Like so:

Do you think this would work for me?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I think it would look amazing. Go for it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 38  Next