| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364, 1365 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:25 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

joshua wrote:
jojo wrote:
I really, really want to move out of the UK for a while but it's stupidly difficult. I'd pretty much go anywhere but my husband loves his job and will only consider moving to the US or Canada which, whilst they're at the top of my list too, are almost impossible to get into. It isn't helping that the holiday entitlements over there are zero/two weeks a year compared to the six you get here, not great selling points when you're tryna convince someone to move halfway around the world!

can you guys get working holiday visas in Canada? AU/NZ can (if you're under 30, I think). US is a whole 'nother matter though

Unfortunately not, we're too old*!

*technically I'm not too old for 2 more months but I don't see it being workable of he can't work too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:28 pm 
WRETCHED

jojo wrote:
linanil wrote:
If I was an EU citizen, I'd move to Greece for a while at least. I loved it there.

I would certainly consider Greece but without speaking the language it would be very difficult to work there. Barcelona's currently top of my EU list because I can speak a little Spanish now & if I worked hard at it I could probably make it work. But, yeah, it's not me who needs convincing.

English is an official language of Greece! When I visited Greece, granted I was a tourist, but I think there was only 1 person I encountered that didn't speak english. And it was an elderly person. And I encountered a number of english speakers living/working in Greece that didn't know Greek or knew a limited amount.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jojo wrote:
I really, really want to move out of the UK for a while but it's stupidly difficult.

If it was that easy, I'd just swap with you for some time! <3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:06 am 
WRETCHED

I always wondered why we got kitchen spam and then I saw living room spam in the living room forum. It never occurred to me that spammers searched or kitchens then found our kitchen forum.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Guys, I don't think to alarm you all but I think that I have managed to catch man flu. Apparently it is unheard of in females but I've never been the type to adhere to scientific fact. I even called in to work sick.

I'm suffering some severe, life-threatening effects from it..... my hair looks like it has been attacked by an angry bush and my nose is flowing so much that the Minister of the Environment has renamed it River Daisy and flood warnings have been issued for the locality. It's not a pretty sight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The new desk guy at work called me last night and told me that a customer was not taking no for an answer when he told him my schedule was full for today, and that he'd just "come in and talk to the groomer about it." It's a regular customer, assuming there's not a dog with the same name. I asked him how many dogs I had on my schedule, and I guess he's still learning exactly how many I can do, even though I've told him many times, because I can easily take one more, and possibly two. Soooo today should be interesting.

On the other hand, it's nice that I'm getting busy enough that I do occasionally have to turn people down. For a while there, I'd show up at work with two appointments, or absolutely nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:30 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My Vegan Cuts snack box showed up with things missing, according to other people's instagrams (specifically mrsbadmouth, who got Beyond Eggs, and I didn't!). I know that there will be some things that are different here and there, but they gave me a brochure and stickers for Beyond Eggs, but no Beyond Eggs! And nothing else was in my box that would replace it.

Anyway, here's a test for their customer service, because I for sure emailed them (nicely) about it. I don't want to pay $20/month for 3 sample bags of chips and 2 protein bars and a piece of chocolate. That's bullshiitake. Anyway, the dude emailed me back saying I should have gotten something from Hail Merry as a replacement, but I didn't. We shall see.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:48 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
My Vegan Cuts snack box showed up with things missing, according to other people's instagrams (specifically mrsbadmouth, who got Beyond Eggs, and I didn't!). I know that there will be some things that are different here and there, but they gave me a brochure and stickers for Beyond Eggs, but no Beyond Eggs! And nothing else was in my box that would replace it.

Anyway, here's a test for their customer service, because I for sure emailed them (nicely) about it. I don't want to pay $20/month for 3 sample bags of chips and 2 protein bars and a piece of chocolate. That's bullshiitake. Anyway, the dude emailed me back saying I should have gotten something from Hail Merry as a replacement, but I didn't. We shall see.

I wondered about that! I saw something that looked like Beyond Eggs info in your box, but no Beyond Eggs! This is a travesty!!

Have you tried the EB cheese puffs though? They are a super nice accompaniment to a SANDWICH.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 am 
WRETCHED

I'm sorry allularpunk! I also got the box (I did get the Beyond Eggs sample) but I was kind of underwhelmed. For $20, I would've expected a couple more items. The candy bar should be good (as I bought a different kind of the same brand a few weeks ago) and the caramel corn should be interesting. With Beyond Eggs, since it says for cookies, I'm a little puzzled what to do. I was thinking of trying a minimal ingredient cookie (peanut butter, beyond eggs, oatmeal, cinnamon?) but I don't normally make cookies.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 am 
Seagull of the PPK

DOZENS OF LOADS OF LAUNDRY

i just washed our sofa cover and the water was like caramel. barf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

jojo wrote:
I really, really want to move out of the UK for a while but it's stupidly difficult. I'd pretty much go anywhere but my husband loves his job and will only consider moving to the US or Canada which, whilst they're at the top of my list too, are almost impossible to get into. It isn't helping that the holiday entitlements over there are zero/two weeks a year compared to the six you get here, not great selling points when you're tryna convince someone to move halfway around the world!

We should do a switcheroo. It's easier on my part though since I'm eligible for a British passport, but Canada is a pretty great country to live in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:26 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

I wondered about that! I saw something that looked like Beyond Eggs info in your box, but no Beyond Eggs! This is a travesty!!

Have you tried the EB cheese puffs though? They are a super nice accompaniment to a SANDWICH.

I ate them first thing, sans sandwich. Wish I would have eaten them with a sandwich now.
linanil wrote:
I'm sorry allularpunk! I also got the box (I did get the Beyond Eggs sample) but I was kind of underwhelmed. For $20, I would've expected a couple more items. The candy bar should be good (as I bought a different kind of the same brand a few weeks ago) and the caramel corn should be interesting. With Beyond Eggs, since it says for cookies, I'm a little puzzled what to do. I was thinking of trying a minimal ingredient cookie (peanut butter, beyond eggs, oatmeal, cinnamon?) but I don't normally make cookies.

I kind of wanted to try it with the recipes included in the pamphlet. Like, what use is a pamphlet with recipes and no Beyond Egg? Annoying. I was underwhelmed also. I don't think I got a candy bar, just two protein bars. I feel really ripped off right now.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 am 
WRETCHED

Oh I don't think I got a pamphlet with recipes. I didn't see it, what kind of recipes are there?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

How stupid! They should have sent you the pamphlet at least! There are 3 recipes, I think? I'm at work, but I can send them to you when I get home if you want.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:34 am 
WRETCHED

That is silly though since they were specifically advertising that people would get a beyond eggs sample, you think they'd at least write you a note saying they were sorry and a few extra items.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:50 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, I'm going to cancel after this. It's just not worth it.

Um, first cup of coffee in over two weeks? I'm about to jitter right out of my skin. Yikes!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:26 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:

Why would you ever want to leave the UK? Our weather is awesome!

Also, we have vegan oreos now and falafel hummus! And most importantly... I'm here!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

baps wrote:
jojo wrote:

Why would you ever want to leave the UK? Our weather is awesome!

Also, we have vegan oreos now and falafel hummus! And most importantly... I'm here!

Falafel hummus? I'm packing my bags.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I got a postal slip yesterday which means that our boots from Vegetarian Shoes are here! T. and I both ordered the same pair (Chelsea boot) to wear to Europe. Hopefully they're neutral enough a shoe that no one will notice how matchy matchy they are. And I'm gonna wear them all spring to break them in.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

paprikapapaya wrote:
I got a postal slip yesterday which means that our boots from Vegetarian Shoes are here! T. and I both ordered the same pair (Chelsea boot) to wear to Europe. Hopefully they're neutral enough a shoe that no one will notice how matchy matchy they are. And I'm gonna wear them all spring to break them in.

Up the matchy matchy! Get matching neon yellow jackets and ride across Europe on a tandem bike!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:12 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I forgot a spoon for my soup today, so I had to steal a plastic one from the food cart and it's so tiny. It's taking me forever to eat my delicious soup, and I just want to shovel it into my mouth with a giant spoon! I guess it's better for you to eat slowly, but still.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:17 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Don't tempt me, PC! I will do it.

allularpunk, I feel sorry for you as I'm shoving Amy's lentil soup down my gullet with a huge spoon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:42 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Well, being forced to eat it slowly made me realize my fullness and now I can't finish it. Although I do keep torturing my full tummy with occasional tiny bites. I need to put it away. Jealous of your huge spoon, PP.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:51 am 
Semen Strong

pandacookie wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

Up the matchy matchy! Get matching neon yellow jackets and ride across Europe on a tandem bike!

Panda is wise.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:02 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

paprikapapaya wrote:
Don't tempt me, PC! I will do it.

Take the cats! You will become an internet sensation!

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1359, 1360, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1364, 1365 ... 1858  Next